DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Jashmeed Moderator Application

Jashmeed

Not nearly two paragraphs, as well as you sort of just being here. In the past, people who don’t make themself acquainted with the community outside of their faction/friends tend to be the staff that end up leaving after a month or two. This is a reoccurring theme that happens like actually all the time, so until you get more acquainted with more than just select members on Tali, I can’t really support this. Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
2 hours ago, acer said:

Not nearly two paragraphs, as well as you sort of just being here. In the past, people who don’t make themself acquainted with the community outside of their faction/friends tend to be the staff that end up leaving after a month or two. This is a reoccurring theme that happens like actually all the time, so until you get more acquainted with more than just select members on Tali, I can’t really support this. Best of luck!

Thank you for the response. I have added to my paragraphs. I will definitely be putting my self more out there on the server. The past few weeks I have been building my relations with everyone I get the chance to speak to. Again thank you for the criticism

• Like 3

+1

Personally, I don't think that the amount of paragraphs is too important so as long as the content of them are substantial. In the case of this application I think it has plenty of information that helps to outline the type of staff he would be as well as the type of player he is. Seemingly, he wants to help foster a healthy community as well as retain new players by not deterring them with harsh punishments in the event they have a mishap and break rules themselves. Also, while I do interact with Jashmeed very often I don't think it's a big deal that he doesn't interact with the opposing side a lot seeing as how right now, without being staff, they don't exactly have a lot of common ground to talk on. However, when being accepted for staff he would actually have common ground to talk with them on whereas now, as I mentioned, he doesn't really have. Plus it doesn't hurt to give him a chance seeing as how he's been here for a while and done a fair bit over his tenure (Joined TSFU and reached the rank of MSGT and most recently joined Badri)

EDIT: I think it's also worth noting how despite being falsely banned for cheating and, at the time, the staff team for the most part being fully against his unban he remained mature throughout the entire situation as well as level-headed. Which is something we desperately need in the staff team since 90% of it is lacking both of those qualities.

Edited by Jackal
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Neutral

Could be just me being solely on the US, but I haven't seen much of you as of yet. Like Acer already mentioned, try to get yourself more known with not only your faction members, but more with the community as a whole. Paragraphs are good, you know what you want and how you want to achieve it. You've also descibed how you would affect the server in a positive way - I just need more community confirmation on your part to be honest, since I don't really know how you are in-game.

Edited by Whue
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

+1

Jashmeed is a cool guy, never had any issues with him at all. He's never caused any issues in game and knows when to be "mature" when it's needed. I also pretty much agree with Jackal as well when it comes to his limited interactions with US people. I think he'd be a very good fit for staff overall.

Just to preface, the last few weeks my activity has been on the decline due to IRL work. However, every interaction I had with Jashmeed was always fun and enjoyable. He showed maturity when the time called for it, as well as being able to let loose at times. On the AFG side he's demonstrated that he's dedicated in both RP, and faction progression. 

2 hours ago, Salmon said:

but it was my only interaction as a US main

7 hours ago, Whue said:

Could be just me being solely on the US

Not to rush to Jashmeeds defense, but saying "-1" or "neutral" because he doesn't interact a ton with US isn't a huge reason to -1 his application. He's demonstrated his maturity on the AFG side, which I think is enough. He's an AFG main, a large majority of his time on the server will be solely on AFG. As it is with myself, an AFG main. You two stated it yourselves even, you main the opposite side of the server, you won't see him that often. Now, to give some credit to what you said, I would like to see Jashmeed more active within regards to discord, ts, etc. But I think this is something to be improved upon while he's learning staff. 

23 hours ago, acer said:

outside of their faction/friends tend to be the staff that end up leaving after a month or two

I know this has been the case in the past, but the contrary has also been true. I don't think it's valid to assume this based on the fact he hasn't interacted with the opposite side as much. While I was in Badri, we interacted with Jashmeed multiple times within RP. Besides, the point of the trial-mod rank is to be a trial. If he leaves after a month or two of being staff, no harm done. 

Overall, +1. Demonstrates maturity and fosters a fun environment. 

• Haha 1

Neutral 

As Acer stated, not very well engraved in the community outside of your faction, not necessarily just a select few. 

There is some positives in this, especially considering your activity. 

BUT there is also negatives, as seen with your recent ban (false or not), and maturity posted above mine.

On 10/24/2021 at 12:01 AM, SirSmity said:

That isn’t being toxic, if you think that someone telling you to “use your common sense” is being toxic then that is a you problem. 

+1 

He isn’t toxic and even though I am in his faction I couldn’t care any less about whether or not he gets accepted or not(unbias). He has a positive attitude and shows a lot of potential for the server. Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

Similar reasons to some people above, your involvement in the server seems very limited to 313/Afghan, and I've always preferred staff to be known to both sides.

Before people say I shouldn't -1 because of this, I'm of the personal opinion potential staff should be interacting with both sides as trust is important to have, and if people don't know you they ultimately will find it more difficult to trust you. There can be exceptions, in terms of my personal response, if I've seen good things in the individual despite the lack of engagement on both sides, but I can't say I have with Jashmeed yet.

• Agree 6