DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Conway Report

Jackal

• Community Director

Like I said - I was aiming for US, to help AFG. It's been done countless times before by several GMs and staff, across this map and omega. I selected the wrong one in the menu, and it went a bit bigger than I had hoped. I should have made it clear I was doing it in event chat, thusly asking for myself to get a strike. I apologized as soon as it happened, not even 10 seconds after and I realized my mistake, not because of "backlash".  

18 minutes ago, Jackal said:

After Conway had caught some backlash in ooc he began to focus on damage control by apologizing,

I get the war was very high tense and infuriating with 9 Nail Gunners on, I apologized for the mistake and promptly swapped off. 

Edited by AlexConway
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Disagree 1

logo.png.f655a706f14519b42316b9201ad5561

ACCEPTED

When holding the position of GM, you are allowed to use your permissions to help balance the war if the situation for one side is overwhelming, however in this instance, there are several poor decisions made leading up to what happened as represented in the post. As far as avoiding something like this from happening again, GMs will now require permission from the H.GM if they would like to help balance war with their perms. If the H.GM isn't present, then I expect them to swap to the other nation just as any staff would. In regards to Conway, 

On 10/28/2021 at 7:03 PM, Jackal said:

AND in what world is a staff strike even sufficient

I don't believe Conway's intention was to sabotage war for AFG, which would in fact warrant much more than a staff strike. There are clear instances of misuse of perms, especially making the decision to "balance" two minutes into war, but at the end of the day the damage done does not equate to a removal. I can comfortably chalk this down to an unbelievable lack of thought when decision making, and I've now hopefully ensured that a situation like this will not happen again. Conway will receive his first strike, making it one of two before removing him is the decision to be made.

@Proggy @Fonza

Move to accepted.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1