DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Gameplay Dynamics

Ziggy

7 hours ago, bishopil said:

I have created this suggestion because I have found many ways to improve upon my last one, which discussed arm multipliers and donator snipers. This suggestion will encompass a few changes that would hopefully add some spice to the current combat we experience. I will include my previous one, but upon looking at some feedback, I decided I also wanted to make some class changes as well that would help adjust every faction to this change, as well as addressing some of Afghan's arsenal as a couple things are very underwhelming in combat, as well as giving them more range. 

Arm Multipliers

As mentioned in my previous suggestion, I would like to remove the arm multiplier completely to hopefully improve from the gunplay we currently experience. Often times, SMGs and ARs will find themselves mag-dumping into hostiles during war and when looking further into this, it almost always comes down to repeated arm-shots. I think that if this multi is removed or adjusted to something less punishing (.9/.95), gunplay in the CQB environment becomes much more reliable. 

2 Second Sniper Accuracy Debuff

The 2 second sniper accuracy debuff should be removed, as it provides defenders with the advantage a lot of the time, and I believe is a huge contributor to basecamping. With this system in play, the defender on the hilltop can hold an angle with steady accuracy having been still, but the attacker must peek into the line of sight and stop before firing. The peeker advantage is completely taken away, making it difficult to combat snipers who play in locations where they limit your available cover.

Orsis & Mosin

When reading feedback, I decided that I would still like to keep this change, but increase the amount of damage the first shot would deliver. To elaborate, I suggested on the other thread to make Orsis/Mosin two shot weapons, but grant all sniper rifles their mobility and firerate back in exchange. This would turn these donator weapons that a lot of players carry into "scout-rifles", and give more players a reason to play on a whitelisted sniper class. After hearing feedback, I decided that I would like to keep this despite the limited amount of snipers that Afghan carries. To compensate, I'd like to just give Afghan more snipers. Now, you're going to say that, "They traded those for explosive equipment", which is also why I am including an equipment buff later on in this suggestion for US as well. Anyways, regarding the change specifics, I'd like to make the Orsis/Mosin do around 95 damage to the body. In this case, the chance of a 1-shot kill is fairly likely, but won't let these donator rifles simply replace whitelisted ones as the more viable option. 

Equipment & Utility 

I understand that we are switching maps soon, but this part of the suggestion would still spice up gunplay in a mostly CQB environment. Now to begin, I want to add smokes/flashes to as many SOC classes as possible, as well as a smoke added to both entry factions. When flashes were added to Badri, they were used in the beginning, but not as much anymore. Originally it was thought that these were radius flashes that would blind if players are in x radius, which is true, but I've come to find out that radius is actually huge. I believe that these are super viable and could combo really well with more smokes on the field. When I picture this in play, I'm picturing players double smoking the two staircases into EMB 2nd floor, safely nading, then flashing through and taking OBJ. I also understand that flashes and smokes can easily be used to annoy/minge with, which is why the majority of these would be added to SOC factions, and only one class on either entry carrying it that would be safe-guarded behind a tryout/rank just as Arsonist currently is. Below is the list of additions:

Taliban

+smoke -> Taliban Army : LMG

+smoke -> Taliban Army : Machine Gunner

+smoke -> 055 Brigade : Healer

+smoke -> 055 Brigade : Officer 

+flash -> 055 Brigade : Brute

• The 055 Pointguard class grenade launcher is pretty awful, so adding this utility to 055 can hopefully create some situations in which it becomes more viable. (i.e. nading through/into smokes) The flash onto Brute will increase the usefulness of the T2 class all together.

RG

+smoke -> Red Unit : Watchman 

+smoke -> Red Unit : Frontier

Badri

+smoke -> Badri 313 : Enforcer 

• Giving all SOC medics a smoke to allow for more of a support role.

Army

+smoke -> US Army : Demolition

+smoke -> US Army : Breacher [T1]

GB

+smoke -> US Green Beret : Field Medic

+flash -> US Green Beret : Commando

Rangers 

+smoke -> US Ranger : Field Medic

+flash -> US Ranger : Rifleman

Delta Force

+flash -> US Delta Force : Rifleman

+tear gas -> US Delta Force : Doctor

+tear gas -> US Delta Force : Marauder

+flash -> US Delta Force : Combatant 

• Garnet previously talked about the possibility of tear gas as a counter-part to Afghan's nerve gas. Essentially it would be a much, much less damaging smoke that would slow movement speed and make the player cough, while lasting longer and being slightly larger to act as an AOE block. If this is still on the table, this would be very cool. 

Badri Vanguard & Red Group : Infiltrator 

Well known by now, the Badri : Vanguard timed explosive is pretty awful and difficult to use. The 10 second timer makes it hard to time, along with the same blast radius issues found on Red Group : Bomber previously. I talked to both Milky and Wyatt, and I think I have found a way to please the best of both worlds. Those worlds are adding more whitelisted snipers to Afghan so that they maintain the range to coincide with the donator sniper nerf and adjusting Badri's not so useful class. This would be:

Remove Nerve Gas from Red Group : Infiltrator -> Add Nerve Gas to Badri 313 : Vanguard

Add JNG90 to Badri 313 : Vanguard -> Remove Timed C4 + MP5 from Badri 313 : Vanguard

Add nades to Red Group : Infiltrator 

US Army : Marksman & Taliban Army : Sharpshooter

In an effort to maintain range in the event the donator snipers are nerfed, then both entry factions should receive a 1 shot sniper. Taliban Army : Arsonist would move to the T2 class, in place of Scout, and that class would be replaced. Taliban Army : Arsonist would change into Taliban Army : Sharpshooter, and receive a 1 shot SKS. Obviously, If Taliban receives the 1 shot SKS, Army would receive the L115 that would also one shot.

+L115 -> US Army : Marksman 

-Replace Taliban Army : Arsonist with Taliban Army : Sharpshooter, and give it a 1 shot SKS.

-Replace Taliban Army : Scout [T2] with Taliban Army : Arsonist, and keep Arsonist's loadout from before. 

I am no expert on weapon stats or their specifics, so I'll leave it to the professionals, but this is the general consensus.

All of the changes in one big brick:

-Remove the 2 second accuracy debuff on all snipers

-Remove all arm multipliers or increase it

-Adjust Orsis/Mosin damage to ~95 to the body

-Fix all sniper firerates to increase their speed for follow up shots

-Fix the SKS on Red Group : Infiltrator as it does not exist on the class, but it does in the f4 menu.

-Remove Nerve Gas from Red Group : Infiltrator

-Add nades to Red Group : Infiltrator 

-Add Nerve Gas + JNG90  to Badri 313 : Vanguard 

-Remove Timed C4 + MP5 from Badri 313 : Vanguard

-Add L115 -> US Army : Marksman 

-Replace Taliban Army : Arsonist with Taliban Army : Sharpshooter, and give it a 1 shot SKS.

-Replace Taliban Army : Scout [T2] with Taliban Army : Arsonist, and keep Arsonist's loadout from before. 

-+smoke -> Taliban Army : LMG

-+smoke -> Taliban Army : Machine Gunner

-+smoke -> 055 Brigade : Healer

-+smoke -> 055 Brigade : Officer 

-+flash -> 055 Brigade : Brute

-+smoke -> Red Unit : Watchman 

-+smoke -> Red Unit : Frontier

-+smoke -> Badri 313 : Enforcer 

-+smoke -> US Army : Demolition

-+smoke -> US Army : Breacher

-+smoke -> US Green Beret : Field Medic

-+flash -> US Green Beret : Commando

-+smoke -> US Ranger : Field Medic

-+flash -> US Ranger : Rifleman

-+flash -> US Delta Force : Rifleman

-+tear gas -> US Delta Force : Doctor

-+tear gas -> US Delta Force : Marauder

-+flash -> US Delta Force : Combatant 

@ItssBio Hope this adjusts well to the feedback you provided 🙂

Looks good from what I see my man 

I loved everything in you suggestion till I got to the army sharpshooter portion, if you’re able to find a different sniper for army then I’d be all for it but you’re taking one of the things that makes rangers unique and giving it to all of army, or even if you gave the l115 to army and find rangers a viable substitute to give them a reason to join for our sniper then I could get behind it 

Edited by Harris
  • Agree 4
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
7 minutes ago, Harris said:

different sniper for army

A previous class changes suggestion proposed the "garnet_sr338" as an Army Sniper class, with adjustments (100 DMG, slower firerate), so this could be used instead.

If the suggestion gets accepted, then we can look at alternative snipers in more depth, if that's something more people on the server would also want to see.

As far as I’m aware no one has the barret 50. Anymore so what if we gave army the l115 then changed rangers to the barret but make sure the stats are up to date and not trash/broken

(if there’s a reason it isn’t used anymore then I’m unaware, I just remember that MARSOC used to have it when marines was still in)

• Agree 1

I agree with Harris. The L115 was one of the reasons I joined rangers in the first place, you were the only one who got it. I personally like his idea of us getting the 50. Cal (or a different sniper) and army getting the L115. Other than that everything looks great! good work bish.

I love the idea of adding the tactical equipment, I think it will bring a new feel to the server. Also, adding the nerve gas and jng would be amazing to add to the vanguard class. I believe having the mosin and orsis nerfed would help out new players tremendously because they wouldn't feel like the server is pay to win. +1

• 4 weeks later...
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

Accepted

The Arm Multipliers have already been adjusted.

The Sniper Accuracy Debuff will be examined, will note that as far as I'm aware the actual time period at the moment is already around/below 1 second.

The Orsis & Mosin will be examined.

The Equipment & Utility will be implemented, however some adjustments may be made, especially with the acceptance of [MRP] Base Faction Class Additions

The Badri Vanguard & Red Group : Infiltrator will be implemented.

The US Army : Marksman & Taliban Army : Sharpshooter will be examined, however some adjustments may be made, especially with the acceptance of [MRP] Base Faction Class Additions

Please note, however, that this is the initial response and may not entirely reflect what is implemented on the server. However, the premise of this suggestion is intended to be implemented.

Post will be moved to 'In Progress' whilst specifics are being considered

Edited by Theos
  • Agree 1