DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Staff Application.

yoda2

In-game name: VØłĐ smelly yoda.
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:209884362
Warns: I do not have any warns.
Timezone: GMT.
Playtime?: 681  Hours.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?:  Yes .
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes.
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] : Toddd
    Past experiences as staff: No, i have not been a mod in gmod.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]First of all thank you for this chance. I always wanted to help out the server and make sure that no rules were being broken. Also, I always love the mods' job and how they help me with stuff that i cant do. and I think that's what I am good with. I was in this server for a long time and I don't like to be a clown guy trying to be funny. I wanna a person who will help this server to keep this server growing and staying alive. I think I'm good enough for this job that I will most likely be the best mod, in my opinion. I am also persistent and do not joke around at work. And I think I am the best choice. And I also want to upgrade my grammar and my language by learning from my mistakes. I will try my best to be professional and more gentle instead of being childish.
And Another reason why i think i Can help this server alot IS because i have GMT Timezone, which will help alot since alot of staff are EST And every Time i get on in the morning i Always see a prop blocker or a group of mass rdmers, and im tired of seeing that, I can't just keep standing here waiting for the mods to get online, staring into the screen hoping that somebody will help.

am persistent and do not joke around at work.I also do not differentiate between member, everyone is the same for me, mod or normal member, doesn't matter. I am so active I spend all my time on this server. I think I'm fit for this job more than anyone else. I also love the mod's job because I've learned so much from them and I think that will help me in my job. I will stick to the rules so that other members don't take me as an example. I always try to keep things friendly. I don't disrespect others. I respect high ranks. And I am more active than so many mods. I think this is why I should get mod. And lastly thank you 
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details Yes, i have been banned from this server because of exeding warn limit but let me explain why i got warned. so there was this one mass rdmer who kept rdming me and when i reported him and we got tped to the sit he kept killing me and then i killed him once so he wont have his gun anymore and then i got banned for exeding warn limit

and and i got banned for mass rdm because i saw a law that said rdm is legal and it also said it was the purge so i killed some people, but then some body told me that i cant do that and then i got banned. and one was for fail nlr which was back when i started playing and i cant remember what i did
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No i have not.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:  3-5 hours a day
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?  if im not playing video games then i mostly study and go out side with my family.
Did you read the staff rules?: VØłĐ smelly yoda.

Edited by yoda2
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, yoda2 said:

Did you read the staff rules?:Yes.

Hey, make sure you read these again. Go through each one at a time.

5 hours ago, yoda2 said:

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details Yes, i have been banned from this server because of exeding warn limit but let me explain why i got warned. so there was this one mass rdmer who kept rdming me and when i reported him and we got tped to the sit he kept killing me and then i killed him once so he wont have his gun anymore and then i got banned for exeding warn limit

and and i got banned for mass rdm because i saw a law that said rdm is legal and it also said it was the purge so i killed some people, but then some body told me that i cant do that and then i got banned. and one was for fail nlr which was back when i started playing and i cant remember what i did

Thank you for updating this.

5 hours ago, yoda2 said:

Playtime?: 630 Hours.

Can you please do /playtime and your id or name ingame and put it here, thank you.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Monke said:

Getting banned three different times is a huge deal. You can't make it seem like it was nothing.

uhhhh.....

unknown.png

idk how long his bans are from the time he did get banned vs applying but as long as there is some what of a gap from when he got banned to applying I don't really have a problem with it. Just as long as there are no re-occuring situations regarding his bans, as well as what his bans are for. Depending on the severity of his bans it'll effect my opinion.

The biggest concern I have is there are 2 bans with exceeding warn limit, this is a no no... If you're breaking rules to the point where you have 8 warns resulting in a first ban of exceeding warn limit then getting warned AGAIN resulting in another 24 hour ban. That is the biggest concern of mine that would be acknowledged in my opinion. Other than that his other bans don't really bring up anything of great worry just keep those warns down and keep from getting any at ALL.

Full circle.... (nit pick time 😉 )

10 hours ago, yoda2 said:

Playtime?: 681  Hours

do /playtime in-game and put the actual playtime not just hours (nothing to serious but again nit pick)

I think I'm good enough for this job that I will most likely be the best mod, in my opinion. I am also persistent and do not joke around at work. And I think I am the best choice. And I also want to upgrade my grammar and my language by learning from my mistakes. I will try my best to be professional and more gentle instead of being childish.

I love that you're setting your standards high in the sense of wanting to take being a mod seriously. PLEASE REMEMBER!!! YES, you are a mod and you have responsibilities that you need to follow but make sure you have fun, if being a mod is stressful and overwhelming you shouldn't be a mod. This is a video game not a job application you're going to be paid for. 

I love you're setting yourself at the top that you're going to be the "Best Mod" just give it time, when I first became a moderator I wanted to jump into higher responsibility acts as far as handling situations and I got in trouble for doing it because I hadn't spent enough time developing and earning my place in a higher ranked position to handle higher up situations. So take your time and go through the motions, please make sure to have fun as a mod its nothing to be overly serious about but be responsible.

I will stick to the rules so that other members don't take me as an example.

I'm pretty sure you meant "I will stick to the rules so that other members see me as a role model"

I'm going to say -1 I don't believe at this time you're ready to be set on becoming a staff member. As much as I love your determination to becoming one this is your first Application. You're going to be among the lower age groups so the criticism from not only other people of the server but during sits will be harder to control unless you decide to go full typing. Not saying its not possible to be a mod and just be mature in those situations just saying it'll be more difficult to control.

If you get accepted just make sure you don't overwhelm yourself with anything regarding being a staff member. If you're having to connect to the server because you feel like you "have to" do your job or responsibilities and it doesn't become "fun" anymore which is the biggest thing we set on the server for all users as well as the moderators, then I don't want you to be a staff member. I've said it before and I'll stand by it. You don't need perms to do good for a server you value, there are many ways you can succeed in helping others without !roof command. 

Keep that in mind when you get accepted or IF you do. I'd much rather you stay longer on the server because you're having fun vs get burnt out because being a moderator made it stressful.

• Cringe 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Informative 1
1 hour ago, Ba11ParkFrank41 said:

uhhhh.....

unknown.png

idk how long his bans are from the time he did get banned vs applying but as long as there is some what of a gap from when he got banned to applying I don't really have a problem with it. Just as long as there are no re-occuring situations regarding his bans, as well as what his bans are for. Depending on the severity of his bans it'll effect my opinion.

The biggest concern I have is there are 2 bans with exceeding warn limit, this is a no no... If you're breaking rules to the point where you have 8 warns resulting in a first ban of exceeding warn limit then getting warned AGAIN resulting in another 24 hour ban. That is the biggest concern of mine that would be acknowledged in my opinion. Other than that his other bans don't really bring up anything of great worry just keep those warns down and keep from getting any at ALL.

Full circle.... (nit pick time 😉 )

do /playtime in-game and put the actual playtime not just hours (nothing to serious but again nit pick)

I love that you're setting your standards high in the sense of wanting to take being a mod seriously. PLEASE REMEMBER!!! YES, you are a mod and you have responsibilities that you need to follow but make sure you have fun, if being a mod is stressful and overwhelming you shouldn't be a mod. This is a video game not a job application you're going to be paid for. 

I love you're setting yourself at the top that you're going to be the "Best Mod" just give it time, when I first became a moderator I wanted to jump into higher responsibility acts as far as handling situations and I got in trouble for doing it because I hadn't spent enough time developing and earning my place in a higher ranked position to handle higher up situations. So take your time and go through the motions, please make sure to have fun as a mod its nothing to be overly serious about but be responsible.

I'm pretty sure you meant "I will stick to the rules so that other members see me as a role model"

I'm going to say -1 I don't believe at this time you're ready to be set on becoming a staff member. As much as I love your determination to becoming one this is your first Application. You're going to be among the lower age groups so the criticism from not only other people of the server but during sits will be harder to control unless you decide to go full typing. Not saying its not possible to be a mod and just be mature in those situations just saying it'll be more difficult to control.

If you get accepted just make sure you don't overwhelm yourself with anything regarding being a staff member. If you're having to connect to the server because you feel like you "have to" do your job or responsibilities and it doesn't become "fun" anymore which is the biggest thing we set on the server for all users as well as the moderators, then I don't want you to be a staff member. I've said it before and I'll stand by it. You don't need perms to do good for a server you value, there are many ways you can succeed in helping others without !roof command. 

Keep that in mind when you get accepted or IF you do. I'd much rather you stay longer on the server because you're having fun vs get burnt out because being a moderator made it stressful.

Why are you -1ing a player talking about how someone’s not gonna take him serious because of his voice? Again I understand where you’re coming from that he’s young and someone might not take them serious but I don’t think that’s something you need to worry about. There’s players in the MRP community who are  like 11 years old telling adults what to do?

Instead of worrying if something bad that might happen why don’t you actually be a good person and give this person advice for when he’s going to be a staff member? Giving advice how to handle a sit , making sure of the stuff that you’re worrying about doesn’t happen. 

Let’s remember we also had the same concern for you, that you were going to do something stupid because of your behavioral issues,  meanwhile everyone gave you a chance to show you can do it.  Why not give him the chance? Why not let him get his feet wet i’m taking Sits, learning how to properly handle them and how to confidently solve them.

The player has had a pretty good amount of +1s from other people who are constantly on the server and have had good interactions? Trust your peers dude because they’re the ones that are actually having experiences with the player.

3 hours ago, Monke said:

- Getting banned three different times is a huge deal. You can't make it seem like it was nothing.

- First time you didn't read the staff rules but you did change it.

- I like the paragraphs

out of good luck

Again I’m gonna tell you the same thing why are you holding something that happened 3 months ago to the player? It’s been a long time and It’s not something that’s happening every month or week?  It sounds like you’re taking no time to looking at others Experience and your just straight up judging a player for something that happened three months ago.

Stop being Nitpicking losers. 

+1

pretty good application, From a lot of the active users it looks like that your behavior has changed which I think matters most because it shows that you kind of matured up and that you’re getting better when it comes to realizing and understanding the rules.  I was once a 14/15-year-old kid on the staff team I didn’t do that good but staff you have the ability to learn to get better and learn as you do more sits and experience just being a staff member. There’s a great staff team that will help you out when it comes to how to handle a sit, and just overall keeping yourself confident with your ability to take control of the situation and not crack under pressure. 

Edited by OpTic Gunner
  • Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Toxic 2
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
22 hours ago, OpTic Gunner said:

Instead of worrying if something bad that might happen why don’t you actually be a good person and give this person advice for when he’s going to be a staff member? Giving advice how to handle a sit , making sure of the stuff that you’re worrying about doesn’t happen.

Take a page from your own book, pal. You're the last to ever speak up about a subject when you're by far one of the most toxic people I've ever had the displeasure of meeting on garnet.

Why are you -1ing a player talking about how someone’s not gonna take him serious because of his voice? Again I understand where you’re coming from that he’s young and someone might not take them serious but I don’t think that’s something you need to worry about. There’s players in the MRP community who are  like 11 years old telling adults what to do?

While I agree with this, it's a good argument on franks case.
He's a child, children are sensitive, and we shouldn't have 11 year olds telling adults what to do, what kind of fantasy do you live in?
He might be just above the limit we accept in but it still ties into decision making.
I've complained several times about children being in the staff team because they are more likely a target for harassments by trolls and community members.

If the kid is going to get bullied then why subject him to that? I mean, we look at Mattplayzgames12 and he is constantly harassed day in and day out, I've actively heard the kid cry.
It's the same with him, they just don't have the fortitude to stand in our staff team.

The player has had a pretty good amount of +1s from other people who are constantly on the server and have had good interactions? Trust your peers dude because they’re the ones that are actually having experiences with the player.

I have had my own share of experiences with this player and have seen his issues. I think he has come a long way but I still believe he has some way to go before making it to the top.

Again I’m gonna tell you the same thing why are you holding something that happened 3 months ago to the player? It’s been a long time and It’s not something that’s happening every month or week?  It sounds like you’re taking no time to looking at others Experience and your just straight up judging a player for something that happened three months ago.

We do that because it tells us about their character and what they have done to/for our community. 
I have no bans, it's not that hard honestly. 
He got banned for "exceeding the warn limit"
Do you understand what that means? He caused enough problems to gather up enough warnings to get booted from the server More than once and got banned for other offenses.
3 months is STILL relevant and is taken into consideration.

Let’s remember we also had the same concern for you, that you were going to do something stupid because of your behavioral issues,  meanwhile everyone gave you a chance to show you can do it.

And to this day a large amount of people still despise frank and I've personally met some staff who'd rather see him not join back.
We gave him a chance because he is older and had more potential and some of us regret it. 

Regardless we take everything into consideration INCLUDING his bans. Four of frank's bans were appealed and 2 of them remain around 6 months ago.
Frank went as far as to quit the staff team to get into a better state of mind for months because he was fucking up and obviously the staff were not happy with him.
Since he's been back he's showed a hell of a lot more improvement than I've seen from yoda but even then I would still take into consideration his past.

Why not give him the chance? Why not let him get his feet wet i’m taking Sits, learning how to properly handle them and how to confidently solve them.

All in all, I agree with you on this.
He has had some positive community support
He has not reacted negatively
and he has shown SOME potential by improving his attitude. 3 months isn't long enough to change properly in my opinion since I personally know how hard it is to change.

I personally think it would be right to give him a chance, but shut up with your "Holier than thou" crap and get back in line with the rest of us, especially when you're one of the worst of us.

OVERALL VERDICT: +1
I want you to prove me wrong, Yoda

Edited by MisterShankie
  • Like 1
  • Informative 2

I do not know you very well at all, and I've carefully read and reviewed every comment on this thread. It's clear to me you've had a rough past and didn't abide by the rules well at one point. I'm hoping that within the 3 months of time you've had to improve, that you end up showing it if you are accepted. Overall I will keep a neutral standpoint but it may change if there's any sort of reason to. Here's why this is my vote.

On 11/21/2021 at 5:11 AM, yoda2 said:

681  Hours

You should change that to what it shows if you type /playtime (username) in-game.

I was in this server for a long time and I don't like to be a clown guy trying to be funny. I wanna a person who will help this server to keep this server growing and staying alive.

I may misunderstand what you're trying to say here, but just letting you know that being funny and having fun on the server is the entire purpose of it. Do not be afraid to act like yourself, but also be professional when it comes to staffing matters. It's important that you maintain a positive mindset when you're working in the team otherwise you won't find it enjoyable or fulfilling. 

I think I'm good enough for this job that I will most likely be the best mod, in my opinion. I am also persistent and do not joke around at work. And I think I am the best choice.

If you "think" you're good enough for the job, you need to make sure you KNOW you are. Be confident in yourself to an extent. As you say here, you believe that you'll become the "best mod". I'm not entirely positive what you mean by that. Will you take the most reports? Will you be active on duty more than everyone else? Do you plan to set an example to all other staff and users within the server? These topics could prove beneficial to us and to your overall application and personality. I hope that if you are given the chance and position that you don't let the envy of being better than everyone else get to your head. It will only lead to selfish behavior and jealousy.

I also do not differentiate between member, everyone is the same for me, mod or normal member, doesn't matter.

Bias has always been a problem within the staff team so if you do become moderator then I hope you are serious about this. Just remember: When you sign up for staff, you are putting the server's integrity and rules in front of your friends and fellow team members. Nobody should be exempt from the rules in virtually any case.

So to end off this long response, I do hope you take the time to reflect on the advice given to you and truly gain a perspective of yourself in the position. You must realize how important it is that you maintain professional and serve as a role model if you are to become a member of the team. Being staff is not a competition, nor should it be. Just help out and have fun. Once again, my vote remains neutral.

I haven't had any poor interactions with you and you seem to be a decent player from what I've seen and so I'd like to support the application although I do feel you should update the application to having the exact playtime (e.g. hour.min.second). This can be done by doing /playtime (your name) while in game.

Neutral