Lawyer or Judge role and /lawsuit mechanic

Jaz-

My idea for a layer would to take lawsuits by making a command (/lawsuits). When you see this command list (sort of like the hitmans !hits command) you will see filed lawsuits against other players, for example (Clint: PM of Israel. Claimed a lawsuit on Garnet! Reason, raided my base). After a lawsuit has been claimed and the lawyer thinks it’s reasonable enough, he can accept it and decide how to handle it. The lawyer can make the person that raided the base (Garnet)  pay a fine, or Garnet will refuse to pay and become wanted by the police.

Lawyer/judge should be unlocked at lvl 30-35

(You cannot file a lawsuit for taking printers because they are supposed to be illegal)

(I think the UI to place a lawsuit should be a dropdown and then you can explain what happened)

(Garnet is only an example name for this) 

I think this will benefit it for players that are not as powerful as the players that have many hours, and give the new players a fighting chance to get back at the more experienced players. This should also hopefully give the police more action. 

Edited by PM-of-Israel
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Creative 1

Or I was thinking that the charges are preset to what the person did for example raiding is an automatic 25-50k charge. It would be 25k if you owned printers when your base got raided. Or it could just be 50k in general for raiding. If you got mugged it would be 10-15k.

5 minutes ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

Good idea, but it sounds way to op. There are two ways of going about it, the first makes it very op and the second makes it so bad it’s unusable. Again decent idea but it couldn’t work

I agree with ya bud and honestly that's what my thought was but with any game no matter what things will be "op" or "broken" that's what things are changed, nerfed, buffed, and sometimes fully removed if there really is no fixing it so yeah totally agree.

27 minutes ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

Good idea, but it sounds way to op. There are two ways of going about it, the first makes it very op and the second makes it so bad it’s unusable. Again decent idea but it couldn’t work

What are the two ways it can be good and bad? I really want to hear and am curious about this.

cool idea for rp but there is potential it could inhibit gameplay and flow

This also would punish players for using mechanics that are purposely implemented in the game, and everyone would just sue you for raiding them lol, I don’t see dedicated garnet players using this mechanic seriously

you would also need to provide “proof” in court which would be a hassle and people could also just false sue anyone they want

in addition: a court system would require prosecution aswell as defense aswell as a judge, I don’t see all of those being filled all the time

These are my gripes with this idea. Depending on what other people say and further explanation of restrictions and the rules, i will alter my vote. Since I do think it could actually be cool.

Edited by ak47
clarification
3 hours ago, PM-of-Israel said:

What are the two ways it can be good and bad? I really want to hear and am curious about this.

very op, people are lawsuiting everywhere all the time getting crazy rich

horrible, its near impossible to make a lawsuit because of all the restrictions and nobody ever uses it

1 hour ago, PM-of-Israel said:

Then what if there was a cooldown to making a lawsuit? And what if you don’t get much money from the lawsuit? Like if you sued for 50k then you only get like 2000 dollars back. 

then it would suck and nobody would use it

you see you're just proving my point here, the only ways of going about adding it suck a lot

7 hours ago, ak47 said:

cool idea for rp but there is potential it could inhibit gameplay and flow

This also would punish players for using mechanics that are purposely implemented in the game, and everyone would just sue you for raiding them lol, I don’t see dedicated garnet players using this mechanic seriously

you would also need to provide “proof” in court which would be a hassle and people could also just false sue anyone they want

in addition: a court system would require prosecution aswell as defense aswell as a judge, I don’t see all of those being filled all the time

These are my gripes with this idea. Depending on what other people say and further explanation of restrictions and the rules, i will alter my vote. Since I do think it could actually be cool.

this was already suggested in the past

i also like what ak had to say. as time grows, its gonna be more of a annoyance i feel then something cool and fun i feel.