Staff members in-game name: Alexis Conway
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:138807332
Date & Time of incident: 6pm 1/11/22
Timezone: Eastern
Ban Reason: NITRP
How long were you banned for?: 1 month
Proof of Ban: You'll have to trust me on this one chief
What happened? (include any proof):

Keep in mind this happened within my first 20 minutes on the server.

Got into a tank to the anger and vitriol of the surrounding players; when instructed to get out of the vehicle, I made an attempt to distance myself from the situation by driving out of the hangar. This was not the best decision, and at that moment, I knew I had made a mistake. I take full responsibility for this. What happened next is truly bewildering.

All of a sudden, I was in an encounter with this stage's final boss, @AlexConway I wasn't sure how to proceed, so I waited for the first wave. Corporals, Sergeants, and even high ranking officers shouted their repulsion, their gaffs. I absorbed this with no problems whatsoever, as my resistances and resilience were both already max. The second wave was "Buuba get out of the tank or I'm gonna permban you." This I dodged easily, as seen by my escape pathing above. I thought I was in the clear. Free at last. Without warning, the boss moved into phase 3 : Alexander The Conway pulled out his toolgun, and deleted my vessel. I was astonished. Defeated.

He quickly banned me and I faded into existence, the server forcibly terminating the connection. In just twenty minutes, I had turned from member into memory.

Why should your ban be removed?:

I do realize I made a mistake, but a month is a pretty long time homies. If you made it this far, I hope you can see my perspective. Thanks

Edited by hex_
  • Like 3
  • Spicy 1
  • Haha 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Community Director

Your first 20 minutes on the server included: Ignoring officers to get out of a vehicle, hijacking a tank, and firing a tank towards a group of people, ignoring staffs instruction of getting out of a vehicle.

As for the month ban, we all have been doing month bans for people who do this style of "actions/behavior". I'll let @Ziggy or @Nutter decide if they want to lessen it, but as a long term member of the community - You're expected to be held to a higher standard. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
3 hours ago, AlexConway said:

As for the month ban, we all have been doing month bans for people who do this style of "actions/behavior".

This has always not sat right with me, a vibe I get with most of the MRP community. garry's mod is a sandbox where goofing off and having fun is the central point of the video game. I guess I never really saw why the seriousness of the roleplay was the first priority. If you wanted to be absolutely serious about the RP aspect, you'd go play Arma 3 or another milsim where there are better game mechanics than hl2. And we wonder why MRP, CRP, SWRP all invariably fail, while DRP and TTT are, and continue to be (for the past couple years anyways) always thriving. It makes me ask the question on how other communities handle the seriousness of RP in these gamemodes.

Edited by hex_
  • Like 4
  • Cringe 1
  • 300 IQ 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
18 hours ago, hex_ said:

Got into a tank to the anger and vitriol of the surrounding players; when instructed to get out of the vehicle, I made an attempt to distance myself from the situation by driving out of the hangar. This was not the best decision, and at that moment, I knew I had made a mistake. I take full responsibility for this. What happened next is truly bewildering.

My first problem with this appeal is your obvious attempt at making as "humorous" as you could possibly could. So why would I ever seriously consider this, if throughout the entire appeal, you make it clear on how you don't want to take anything seriously because it's Gmod?

18 hours ago, hex_ said:

I do realize I made a mistake, but a month is a pretty long time homies. If you made it this far, I hope you can see my perspective. Thanks

Aside from the rest of this appeal clearly being a shitpost, I would love to know what "perspective" I missed. Having had to remove you from the tank once and telling you to stop, I think I got a pretty good grasp of the situation. You wanted to fuck around, continued to after two different staff warned you, then got punished for it and are now presenting this dogshit appeal to reverse it. 

2 hours ago, hex_ said:

This has always not sat right with me, a vibe I get with most of the MRP community. 

What never sits right with me is the constant comparisons to other server's behaviors, then assuming that they are the same across all of the GG gamemodes. 

2 hours ago, hex_ said:

garry's mod is a sandbox where goofing off and having fun is the central point of the video game. I guess I never really saw why the seriousness of the roleplay was the first priority. If you wanted to be absolutely serious about the RP aspect, you'd go play Arma 3 or another milsim where there are better game mechanics than hl2. 

Garry's Mod is a sandbox, where a range of possible gamemodes are available. Not every gamemode centralizes "goofing" off. 

I will say that you are half right, though. If you did want a much more serious experience, then you would probably seek out games like Squad or Arma, but these players didn't and chose to play on GMod for the server that GG provides. If I had to guess, a lot of these players are fans of StarWars and want to play a game surrounding that not made by EA. I'm sorry you're a DRP player? Unlucky? Regardless of that, it's no secret that a heavy roleplay aspect failed to come up on other GG servers, but I have to remind you that this is a different server that began with a much different expectation and is built entirely on:

PvE. 

You're in a server where the combat and content are entirely fabricated by Gamemasters and RP, so I have to ask, what did you expect? 

2 hours ago, hex_ said:

And we wonder why MRP, CRP, SWRP all invariably fail, while DRP and TTT are, and continue to be (for the past couple years anyways) always thriving.

Nobody anywhere wonders this.

It's a given that a hub-like or round based server would accumulate the most players because of how casual it is. TTT is an ancient gamemode that stuck around, because it was fun. Strange I have to point this out, but people don't look for gamemodes that are like TTT or DRP, cause if they were, they'd just play them. The players that want to RP will find the server they want to do it on, and their experience on the server shouldn't be disrupted because you wanted to "goof off". In this case, I'd say go to DRP or TTT. 

2 hours ago, hex_ said:

It makes me ask the question on how other communities handle the seriousness of RP in these gamemodes.

It's amazing to read someone tell me that GMod is about goofing off, the only gamemodes that last are DRP/TTT, and that players looking for an RP experience should go to Arma, then ask the question "on how other communities handle the seriousness of RP".  

spacer.png

DENIED

If you aren't going to take a single thing seriously, especially the appeal for your unban, then SWRP just isn't the server you should be on nor the one I want you on.

I'll update your ban to 2 weeks, as that is the maximum punishment for NITRP. 

• Like 2
  • Spicy 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3