DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Cloudy's 501st Executive Officer Application

In-game Name: JENG TACL SSG 2589 Cloudy 

Playtime: 137:08:01

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:601029631

How many hours per week do you have to commit to this role? 25+ hours per week

Previous Leadership Experience: [2 Paragraphs Minimum]

Starting off with irl experience, I have actually managed a couple stores. My first time in a leadership position was working at a Habitat for Humanity Restore. I started as a salesman and worked my way up to assistant manager. I ran the store while doing this because the manager was running to multiple different stores and doing things with corporate all day. My second time in a leadership position was being a team lead at Walmart. I was in charge of the entire sporting goods section. This included setting schedules, taking peoples vacation days, making sure people showed up, and overall keeping that section of the store under control. Other than managing stores, I have started a couple businesses during the summer while in high school. They eventually got to where I could pay my friends to help me, so I would say I'm pretty good at running things. Currently I am an EMT, this job also takes some leadership skills. I take leadership in situations when I get to the scene, including telling people where to go, quick thinking, fast response, and overall taking care of people. 

For my experience in leadership for video games, I have a few different situations. My first time taking leadership in a video game was when I started a Gears of War 2 team. This was getting members to join, promoting them, and being active. We got into tournaments and came close to winning money multiple times. This lasted for about a year. I made it to T. Admin in DarkRp. To get to this position I had to train people, help out all staff members, and take charge of sits and different situations on the server. I believe I was well liked and respected as staff on this server. I am currently a GM on Garnet's Star Wars Rp. I do not have much experience in that category yet, but I believe I am good at running the events I do on this server, excluding the time I did an off-world. I also believe I am well liked and respected on this server as well. This includes coordinating where people go, communicating with navy, and keeping the player base interested. I am also Tano Company Leader at the moment. I think I did a very good job getting it started and training people for sharpshooter after they made it in. I did this because I wanted to see 501st thrive in another way.

Why should you be chosen for this position over other applicants? [2 Paragraphs Minimum]

I have a lot of leadership experience at my age. I am also good at communicating with people and welcoming people in any situation. I am also very active. I've put in a lot of hours since the server has been up and running. I truly have a passion for this server and its player base.  Garnet Gaming has become a big part of my life this past year. The community makes up a large group of my friends. I not only want to make this server thrive but the battalion as well. I love the 501st legion and all its members. Also I am very good at public speaking. I know this role comes with debriefs and such, and I believe I am pretty good at that sort of thing. I am a good motivator. People will like me at this position because I am a good leader. I am a good person overall. I have made sure everyone knows I am around to help, and I believe they respect that. 

When I have free time on the server I try to spend it training or being productive within the battalion. My main goal on the server is to not only have fun but to better the player base as a whole and especially within the battalion. I like making sure everyone is having a good time and not just myself. If I am not being a GM for events I believe I always play a good leadership role in the field.  I have shown that I can be a good lead with how well I think I've done at the Tano Company lead position. I have trained people and helped people at this position a lot.  I am ready to take this step and help lead the 501st legion. I can guarantee you will be happy with my performance. I want to help this battalion as much as possible, and I can be very effective with the executive officer role. I can promise I will be active and committed to my role. I know this is what I want on the server and my mind won't change on that. I have made many friends on this server and I plan on continuing that. I believe the people in the 501st legion respect and like me as a leader and friend. I make sure I am always available for help and other things that need done on the server. I always make sure the things that need done are done and done well. With me at XO you will always have someone you can count on to run things well.

What is your biggest strength and biggest weakness? [2 Paragraphs Minimum]

I would say my biggest strength is my consistency. I am a very active player in the community. I am also active on the forums. I have never missed an off-world event. I have over 137 hours and almost none of them are AFK. I always stick by what I do and what I say. If I commit to something I stick to it. I am a very consistent person in the game and irl. If I am tasked with XO duties, you can count on me to get it done no matter the cost. My activity will not drop  off without a valid reason with LOA or ROA. I am committed to this server and this battalion and all I want is to help it grow. My consistency as Tano Leader has helped it fill all the slots in the Google Docs. My consistency has helped me become a good GM. My consistency has gotten me MVP 2 months in a row on DarkRp. 

My biggest weakness is probably a lack of confidence. I always put on a good face, but when things don’t go my way I can get discouraged. When I ran the off world and it didn’t go as planned I was down about it. I felt like I wasn’t a good GM, but I did snap out of it. My confidence is definitely something I can work on. Sometimes I just need someone to snap me out of it, and I am normally good. I just want things to go my way and when they don’t I can get frustrated or sad about it. 

Recall a time you've failed as a leader, what went wrong, what could have gone better, how did it help you grow? [2 Paragraphs Minimum]

I have brought this up in the application multiple times, and it has happened recently. Special allowed me to run my own off world event for the first time, and it went badly. It went wrong because of my lack of planning and preparedness. I was not prepared for the small map and the amount of spawn points. Also I did not prepare for the roleplay aspect that went wrong. I played a character I wasn’t ready to play. I tried to force a story that wasn’t there. It could have gone better if I just loaded into a single player and tested things out. It helped me grow by showing me that I can’t just improvise on everything. I am good at improvising, but some things just need a solid plan. I will not make that mistake again. I should have had more people to help me and that is something I will definitely do next time.

It has helped me grow as a person, a GM, and a member of the Garnet community. It made me realize I can’t do everything on my own. It also showed me that I could be better about my planning skills. It is definitely something I will work on.  I should have had more people to help me and that is something I will definitely do next time. I also have just grown overall with the experience and realizing I cannot do everything perfectly on the first try. It showed me I need to ask for help and be okay with that. I am an ambitious person, but it can hurt me sometimes. It definitely hurt my confidence, but I also grew to realize I can right my mistakes. I will do better next time. 

Do you understand that you may be removed from your position should you fail to uphold the standards and requirements of this role? Yes I do

What is Kanye West's best song? Heartless

Edited by DrCloudyJuice
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

Qualified for the position, he has shown his capability of leading as CO of Tano Company. A very cool dude that can be professional when needed. I personally wouldn't mind him as XO of 501st, although he can choose being GM over 501st at times, but that is most likely due to him being a fresh GM and wanting to learn the ropes to make good events for the server. +1

• Like 1

+1

Cloudy has been a big help in the 501st. He has shown that he can lead effectively with his position in the Tano Company. He works with new members and makes them feel welcome in the battalion. Cloudy would make a fine XO. "The Juicer" approves!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

+1

Compared to the competition you're definitely the most qualified and deserving person for this position. I've had many experiences with you on the server and not one of them left me with any feelings that would make me doubt your ability to handle an XO position in one of the two biggest battalions.