[MRP] Airforce Faction Changes

Fetn

3 hours ago, Nutter said:

When it comes to the suggestion, for the love of god, why do we need to further disperse the server's population and even bother with making this work? just doesn't make any sense to me. Seems like despite our population being in a very good place, you guys are just fucking lost as to what would benefit the server or be a good suggestion overall. Getting rid of a faction that has failed the server, effectively removing WAC would mean more players for our existing faction, plus SIGNIFICANTLY higher FPS for players.

I couldn't agree with you more but honestly this suggestion was just an alternative besides "remove them" as this would put less crying for the people already in those factions. Overall this suggestion was just made to remove airforce factions an if possible trade them out but overall this suggestion is trade them out or remove them from the server as a whole

+1 

I'd love to lead it!

As the AAF leader I know that we try our best to make ourselves useful but in reality for the new/average player we are pretty useless especially for this map. A lot of people say that we "failed the server" but I think the rolling out of most airforce factions is what caused it to fail especially with it being switched between 2nd -> 1st ->2nd life. That aside I think it would be nice for these factions to be replaced with a new faction that is actually a main life and I see that there is a lot of potential for this faction to provide something like a more RP inclusive SOC faction especially if you have AAF + AFSOC leadership transfer. My only concern is the sniper model as that is the exact same as the recon model so my question would be what is going to happen there? If transfering over the AAF models doesn't make sense maybe just use the old Alpha ones since we are scrapping dono factions. 

• Like 2

I am confused as to why you're replacing a second life faction, " an RP faction " with main life factions, Just seems redundant especially given the fact that pop is just not high nowadays, Adding new factions means people from other factions go over to that faction in order to try and build it up and the other faction ends up "dying" and the cycle repeats itself, I'd say just remove them for now then talk about replacing them later whenever the server is more stable 🙂 

24 minutes ago, br0ken said:

I am confused as to why you're replacing a second life faction, " an RP faction " with main life factions, Just seems redundant especially given the fact that pop is just not high nowadays, Adding new factions means people from other factions go over to that faction in order to try and build it up and the other faction ends up "dying" and the cycle repeats itself, I'd say just remove them for now then talk about replacing them later whenever the server is more stable 🙂 

I said in one of my responses this suggestion is to either "remove it or trade them out" this way there is less crying within the people in the factions 

• Informative 1
  • The Garnut

I'm just going to go ahead and move this to denied, myself and almost all veteran players who have experienced changes like this in the past have already figured out this is a horrible idea. Even Fetn admits this is dumb but he didn't want any complaining with the removal of the now entirely pointless airforce factions.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 4