MRP map stuffe (title pending)

Soap-

MRP MAP  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which Map Would You like to see next in the rotation?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2022 at 05:59 PM

46 minutes ago, Kurtle said:

Well today marks one year since I (re)joined Garnet, since 2018. Since then, we've only seen 2 (technically 3) map rotations. It's been a full year of desert map. I am wholeheartedly in favor of changing the map to a forested map, or something that isn't sand. Because I hate sand.

There are a lot of factors though. It's important to have access to a good cycle of maps, so when the community eventually gets bored and starts bitching, we can ignore the problems and just change the map.

It's also important to analyze the game state. I have really genuinely enjoyed playing war on the current map. While I don't get on the server often, the combat I engage in on this map when I am online is by far the most enjoyable to me, and I think that sentiment can be shared between a lot of other community members.

Another thing to analyze is how much work it will take. I think if the MRP community is able to show that it is worthy of all the work that a map update requires, then Garnet should oblige them. But as we all know: The MRP community.

I agree, we need to prove we are worth his time for him to edit a map, and implement it, as I said before I want Air Force Factions to work with it, but chances of that seem very slim.

On 2/15/2022 at 8:03 AM, acer said:

again? already? garnet spent more time working on this map than it seems mrp has been on it…. I can’t really judge cause I’m sure I would be in the same boat as you fellas if I had stayed active on MRP, but it really is sad how little amount of time it’s been on this map and there’s already a want for a new map.

Map ontop of gunplay just stale lol I can snipe US base from fac and u can snipe people at fac parking lot entrance from AA

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, S0UL said:

I agree, we need to prove we are worth his time for him to edit a map, and implement it, as I said before I want Air Force Factions to work with it, but chances of that seem very slim.

I’m getting annoyed of this we need to prove shit like if players don’t get on the server everyday and spend time on it as if we don’t try to ever do anything on the server 

• Toxic 1
  • Agree 2
46 minutes ago, Woods said:

I’m getting annoyed of this we need to prove shit like if players don’t get on the server everyday and spend time on it as if we don’t try to ever do anything on the server 

People need to see that in order for garnet do work on this server, we need to be worth even working on, and stop being dissatisfied with the updates we actually get. If we complain when he actually does update the server, hes not going to care enough to do it again.

Edited by S0UL

PLEASE SOMETHING OTHER THAN DESERT ;-; 

But like i think a new map would be cool and it could bring new event ideas that are better than the ones currently.
But As stated before some of the maps would be laggy after 80+ players which could make the sevrer unplayable and it would make doing war really hard (which doesn't really matter but some players come to play war) and doing events on higher pop would cause more issues as more props would be spawned in making it basically impossible to do events on High Pop which is a little weird and all but if the maps could be altered to make them less laggy and give opportunities for GM's than yeah i support this idea.

Edited by GGStatiic
On 2/15/2022 at 1:25 PM, Nutter said:

We're at a point of time where maybe next month I will have the time to edit a map (depending on SWRP and Rust) but uh, the fact we've only been on this Omega for 2 and a half months yet "people are getting bored of it" blows my mind.

If we get ~100 votes from active players of the server, I could expedite changing the map. Echo V1 for one will not sustain ~80+ active players very well though.

If a new map was to come, would you make it able to accommodate air force factions? Not to pressure anything about it, just wondering if it would happen. I understand you aren't too sure about them staying in at all, and its probably not something you are worried about at the moment.

Edited by S0UL
2 minutes ago, S0UL said:

If a new map was to come, would you make it able to accommodate air force factions? Not to pressure anything about it, just wondering if it would happen.I understand you aren't too sure about them staying in at all, and its probably not something you are worried about at the moment.

Ima cut it point blank with u from what I know management wants af gone 

2 minutes ago, Woods said:

Ima cut it point blank with u from what I know management wants af gone 

From a certain point I understand why, its tedious to set up right. But its something I personally enjoy, and was wondering if there is a chance at it staying.

4 hours ago, Kurtle said:

I think if the MRP community is able to show that it is worthy of all the work that a map update requires, then Garnet should oblige them.

I feel like this sentiment needs to be addressed, how does the "MRP community" prove themselves to be worthy enough for updates to the map/server? No other community or game that I know of makes the community have to "prove themselves" worthy of getting updates, I genuinely just do not understand why this is being a requirement for any map changes or updates.

3 hours ago, S0UL said:

we need to be worth even working on, and stop being dissatisfied with the updates we actually get. If we complain when he actually does update the server, hes not going to care enough to do it again.

Although this is true to an extent, I feel like people should be able to express dissatisfactions they have about the gameplay or map. Forcing people to stay quiet about issues just so Garnet will start noticing MRP again isn't the way to go in my opinion. Garnet needs to know the issues the server has or if people don't like changes he made with a recent update. This really shouldn't be seen as a "Community doesn't care about the work Garnet puts into the server" when people complain about certain aspects of the server, rather than feedback Garnet can use to his advantage.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 1