DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MRP map stuffe (title pending)

Soap-

MRP MAP  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which Map Would You like to see next in the rotation?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2022 at 05:59 PM

• The Garnut
On 2/17/2022 at 2:37 PM, PrisonNightmare said:

I feel like this sentiment needs to be addressed, how does the "MRP community" prove themselves to be worthy enough for updates to the map/server? No other community or game that I know of makes the community have to "prove themselves" worthy of getting updates, I genuinely just do not understand why this is being a requirement for any map changes or updates.

Woah, i'm a week late, but better late than never. Ok. Be prepared for a post you might interpret as rude.

I myself own a pretty large GMod community, granted the success is in part to the amazing individuals we have in our community who have stuck around and helped out, but a large portion is admittedly attributed to the fact that almost 10 years later, I still produce bi-monthly updates for all server (per server), typically even more than that - with almost a perfect split of original ideas and community criticism.

The money I make (ALBEIT ENOUGH TO THANKFULLY SUSTAIN MYSELF AND MY DOG) is not even a fraction of what other community owners make - comically low according to our own host, all while comparable owners are entirely absent from their respective communities. So with that being stated, I feel that based off of what I wrote above - yes, I do get to decide what servers get an update, and if a server has a horrid community that is just toxic to me, and do not help my mental health (seeing as everytime I get on I see "Garnet is lazy" or "Can you work on a new map already") it is absolutely within my means to shun away from said server.

You mentioned no other community does this, again, please point me at a community that does even a fraction of what we do here? I think the criticism is entirely misplaced. 

PS WITH THAT ENTIRE RANT OUT OF THE WAY, LOOK GUYS. I STARTED WORKING ON THE FINAL TAIGA 4 HOURS AGO AND I KIND OF LIKE IT

very unpolished, so don't judge just yet. Think of it as a SUPER  early beta - this map will accomodate all the new optimization methods we have on Omega, as well as commodities like duel arenas, missions, and underground base portions/sims areas. Unfortunately Taiga v3 that won the vote does not have this, so i'm simply re-creating portions of it as I do not have these ancient files to allow me to simply grab the map and edit it.

38af431caf37e681436cc4d123796b69.jpg

fa1e625cf74e0359ea9b808364ba37bc.jpg

• Like 8