DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Staff Application for DarkRP

Danny_The_Dog

-1   You were a good person to begin with but lately I have seen a change in the way you act. Just today you were running around asking for referrals out on the street. Also you were taking a barrel and other props and slamming onto the ground and telling other players to do it. I don't think you would set a good example for the staff team. We don't need someone who can't follow rules to enforce the rules that they break and encourage others to break.

unknown.png

• Informative 4
  • Agree 1
7 hours ago, Rosie said:

-1   You were a good person to begin with but lately I have seen a change in the way you act. Just today you were running around asking for referrals out on the street. Also you were taking a barrel and other props and slamming onto the ground and telling other players to do it. I don't think you would set a good example for the staff team. We don't need someone who can't follow rules to enforce the rules that they break and encourage others to break.

unknown.png

@Danny_The_Dog You might want to respond to this and clear things up before it changes peoples opinions about you.

• Informative 1
8 hours ago, Rosie said:

Just today you were running around asking for referrals out on the street.

I mean that isn't really a bad thing per say, especially since he was planning to apply, nothing really says he can't do that

8 hours ago, Rosie said:

Also you were taking a barrel and other props and slamming onto the ground and telling other players to do it.

Seen staff do worse and get away with it. It isn't a good look, but I've seen it happen with current staff with things worse than just a in-game warn.

I mean I agree, I'd like to know why he's grouping players up and causing them to disrupt the server with prop minge, but I'd also say that if it were me I wouldn't -1 based off a single incident, dumb as that may be. A few weeks ago I had to deal with multiple current staff doing the exact same thing inside a BASE.

As for me, I've had nothing but good experiences with you Danny, +1. Good luck pal. You've been around long enough and generally don't cause problems that I think you'd be a good pick. This is subject to be revoked if serious things come out that might hinder how people look at you, but as far as I know you are rarely an issue.

Good luck man. 

Personally @Rosie if he had done this a week or two before applying I don't think you would of even mentioned it. Just dumbass timing to do something on his end, and it doesn't overshadow the good I see him do when I'm on usually. Now don't get me wrong here, if he's just significantly changed into being a asshole since I've been on I'll happily change to a -1. But one incident doesn't sway my opinion.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
17 minutes ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

But one incident doesn't sway my opinion

My -1 is not just based off of one time thing I have seen and dealt with many situations with Danny very few were good. I may not change the way you react to this staff app. I hope if or when he becomes staff that I will not have anymore bad experince or situations.

• Informative 2
2 minutes ago, Rosie said:

My -1 is not just based off of one time thing I have seen and dealt with many situations with Danny very few were good

8 hours ago, Rosie said:

-1   You were a good person to begin with but lately I have seen a change in the way you act.

Then please share them with us, because right now to me it looks like a single minor incident. Again I am fully open to change my opinion if there's enough to say "yeah no he isn't ready" but as it stands right now there is no way I can fully change my +1 in good faith. This will be my last response to this as I don't want to clutter this up with a conversation, if you wish to disclose more incidents just make another comment about it.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

+1

Dan the man. Great referrals, awesome application, and lots of playtime.

P.S.

I personally don't think you messing around once as a user should be grounds to not become staff.

If there wasn't any sit or punishment, how big of a deal could it be? Frank himself was in the screenshot and didn't say -1 until someone else did; that alone tells me that Frank didn't think it was an actual problem until he saw others did. I see current staff (L.Admin+ even) get away with far worse than just having fun, and I don't think we should hold him to any higher standards than any other player of the game.

Maybe what looks like DarkRP in the screenshot really was an awful horrible experience that impeded on the experiences of others. I don't know though, because there's no video and I am not hearing about any punishment he received. If he wasn't reported, did this really impede on anyone's gameplay?

Innocent until proven guilty? I personally prefer not to hold someone accountable for something that was so minor they didn't/couldn't even receive punishment for it. I'd sooner base my judgment on the punishment he received and the events leading up to it, than micro-analyze one single situation like he was trying to actually ruin the game for others without proper evidence or context.

• Like 4
  • DarkRP Administration Team
9 hours ago, Rosie said:

unknown.png

Most of what I do is just to try to make people laugh, so the short of it is maybe I shouldn’t of been messing with a barrel but, I have tried explaining to you that anything i’ve said I haven’t meant. Aswell as said to you that I have nothing against you and no reason to be mean to you. I kept up the attitude i’ve had towards you until now, since i’ve met you  because you used  go along with it, and joke with me too. I will stop that now if you don’t like it

9 hours ago, Rosie said:

unknown.png

Also, to speak on the part about referrals. I don’t want it to seem like i’m running around asking everyone to be my referral, if it should’ve been in dm’s I apologize, but all i did was use in game vc to talk to the people I know. I don’t want this to be seen as bigger than it was or to get blown out of proportion.

Edited by Danny_The_Dog
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
45 minutes ago, Glorbnob said:

Funny thing is i had told him 3 months ago that if he applied he would have my referall. He still has it. this is a guy who knows the rules and can get along with new players on the server. I feel he will do fantastic as staff +1

I’m sorry I didn’t put you as a referral 😧

• Haha 1

Hey bud Danny just as a final understanding why things were taken more serious when something as small as "have fun" or "messing around" came to an effect to people's opinions on your application. One thing I'll mention you'll get accepted from what I see in your application already. You're a cool dude and I know you'll do great as a staff member. Let me just mention a few things....

1) Most importantly when having a staff application this is the time where you need to stay clean in everything you do, during this time you're watched like a hawk in everything you do from when the application is up to when its closed whether denied or accepted

2) You made a great response to rosie's response in your application which I love that you didn't let negative responses effect you in anyway impacting your applications so good job!!!

3) When applying for staff this is your opportunity to show us who you are first starting out, first appearance to the team is everything when you first apply. We won't hold things against you unless you've done something in the past that would be considered when giving a response, but I don't think anything would be held against you just the best thing we want out of anyone who applies for staff is great behavior and understanding of the responsibility behind being a staff member.... After all it is Darkrp we're not looking for you to be God and pefect in everyway, that's just not gonna happen but we want you to understand that being a staff member maturity becomes important, so encouraging others to break rules tends to bend the wrong way.

4) Its a video game so importantly yes we want you to have fun and we understand messing around is apart of that just make sure you take things serious when they need to be and I have no doubt you'll do great as a staff member, just don't get ahead of yourself like I did when I first started out 😉 Many people know this. 

I may not be the rank to accept staff apps but I have no doubt you'll be apart of the team in no time so Welcome to the staff team brotha ❤️

• Like 1