DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Raiding Reconstructed...

Bizzy

5 minutes ago, Candy_ said:

Ok thank you so what it sounds like is it’s there’s till you log off and if they own it before you alt f4 2 hours after the claim is done they delete?

Yea so if it's not claimed by the raiders, its there till you log off (this is for people that sell their printers and AFK). But if they feel like you're going to leave so you can rebuy printers, they can claim them to be safe and after 2 hours it's gone and the original owner can now rebuy printers.

3 hours ago, VeraFlyOfficial said:

I see why you want this and i wanna -1 just cause you blew my printers up one time. 

But since your ideas are kinda bomb imma +1 to be a Gem ❤️ 

this is all tbhs fault 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well thought out and potentially a cool feature to be added to the server, although I can see some edge cases where implementing this could introduce some bugs:

• What happens when a user disconnects, and reconnects with a claimed printer? Does their printer blow up on disconnect, reconnect, or nothing happens? Can they buy new printers after reconnecting?
  • What happens when a user switches to a job that isn't supposed to own printers (CP/Hobo)? Do their printers blow immediately? If so, what prevents someone with a claimed printer switching jobs then switching back for their printers?
  • Do you foresee this working in tandem with our existing printer plugin, or will it require a total retooling of the script?
  • If a printer is claimed once, then an hour and a half later, is claimed again, how long will the printer remain before it blows? i.e. how is the remaining time calculated
  • Will non-raiding classes be allowed to claim printers?
  • 300 IQ 2
3 hours ago, hex_ said:

Well thought out and potentially a cool feature to be added to the server, although I can see some edge cases where implementing this could introduce some bugs:

• What happens when a user disconnects, and reconnects with a claimed printer? Does their printer blow up on disconnect, reconnect, or nothing happens? Can they buy new printers after reconnecting?
  • What happens when a user switches to a job that isn't supposed to own printers (CP/Hobo)? Do their printers blow immediately? If so, what prevents someone with a claimed printer switching jobs then switching back for their printers?
  • Do you foresee this working in tandem with our existing printer plugin, or will it require a total retooling of the script?
  • If a printer is claimed once, then an hour and a half later, is claimed again, how long will the printer remain before it blows? i.e. how is the remaining time calculated
  • Will non-raiding classes be allowed to claim printers?

1. If the claimer disconnects printer will disappear same as normal. If the original printer owner disconnects/reconnects they still wont be able to buy printers until their original printers disappear/are destroyed.

2. Same as what happens now if someone switches to a non printer owning job. If they switch back they wont be able to buy printers still if theirs are claimed

3. I made our current printers so I can integrate it easy. I had already made a claiming feature (without auto destroying) but took it off as it can be abusive

4. If a printer is claimed once, and then again an hour and a half later, it'll still only have 30 minutes left. Basically if your printer is stolen and claimed your time without printers wont go over 2 hours no matter how many times it is claimed

5. No

• Like 2
  • Informative 2

I have an idea for raiding. And I feel a good way to test this theory is with a custom class. I will buy the class to test it theres a mod that uses a blowtorch that can turn any prop into an open fading door if you would like to talk to me more about u can add me on Discord Mao Zedong#6895

7 hours ago, FTADOT said:

I have an idea for raiding. And I feel a good way to test this theory is with a custom class. I will buy the class to test it theres a mod that uses a blowtorch that can turn any prop into an open fading door if you would like to talk to me more about u can add me on Discord Mao Zedong#6895

No 

Just like crap idea 

+1 Good idea+ bizzy is willing to do the work for it I see no downsides and 2 hours is the perfect time bc you can fully level both of them and get your cash back + some good idea all-round  

Edited by GunShark
Typo
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

I know I have posted in this before but this is important! Before changing the rules, I need you to understand how important basers are in this community.

Tonight I was settled down with 34 printers in a very discrete base (which I'd spent a lot of time and money buying off of others).
Next thing I know, Machines and his pal raided me (and destroyed all of the printers and laughed a lot about it).

So myself, all of my alts, SharkNinka, all of his alts; we all dissconnected. Server is down -17 in one raid

Server pop = basers + alts
I'm not going to hang-around if this raid is made any easier, in actual fact it should be way harder to effectively DC 17 people at once.
Congrats Machines! You're a tribute as to why people DC!
You are a prime example of how using the rules to you're advantage, might cause a low server pop because there's no point in basing anymore, let-alone paying $8,000,000 to buy other peoples printers while they AFK.

One raid and -17 population lost!

It's up to you guys what's more important.

Edited by ChrisRid
  • Sad 1

I know I have posted in this before but this is important! Before changing the rules, I need you to understand how important basers are in this community.

Tonight I was settled down with 34 printers in a very discrete base (which I'd spent a lot of time and money buying off of others).
Next thing I know, Machines and his pal raided me (and destroyed all of the printers and laughed a lot about it).

So myself, all of my alts, SharkNinka, all of his alts; we all dissconnected. Server is down -17 in one raid

So you rage quit because of a raid? And that's why you don't want raids to become easier? Ok lol

• Haha 1

+1

Everything listed here is great. The alarm is fantastic, I always wanna leave the base so I can actually do something other than look at a red money dispenser for hours on end in fear of someone raiding. Also a fan of anything that helps new players. 

EZ

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 4 weeks later...