DarkRP Update [9/07/2018]

Nutter

• The Garnut

Garnet Gaming

Server has been stable for roughly 1 week now, so I am ready to add some content!

Tickrate

Hit registration, and overall player motions fluidity should have improved by exactly 40%

NOTE: if for whatever reason the server decides to hit over 100 players today, we will likely crash

Governmental Bank

Located inside the Police Department

1bbd796da78b2d8ec745d9b487abe3e4.png

Spawn Protection

Players will no longer take damage in spawn, and if left spawn, there is a 20 second cooldown before you are protected again.

HUD update

82d9b4d8bc65274d0a6afd1552b2e6e9.png

XP bar up on the top, everything else has been compressed to look good on lower resolutions!

Printers

66a9dcbd1b514d499be76c36aa1b421f.jpg

Upon use will now give you XP as well

The XP:Cash ratio will be 

20:1

Level Requirements 

With the addition of XP and ways of obtaining XP, job level restrictions have been imposed.

fd068143e1e08811bf737bc5f6134e6f.png

• 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1
15 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

+1 To Bank and Printers, But -1 to the job level restrictions they are way to big.

First off, I love the new bank in the pd and the last update was great as well, but the new level requirements is gonna make new players wanna leave as soon as they join, if it was an attempt to stop RDMers then the gun dealers should have a level requirement as well. Any player that joins and see they cant be a thief until they've played for atleast a day would most likely just leave. Please just bring back the playtime or decrease the level requirement alot. I played all day yesterday and I'm still only level 5. Almost nobody wants to farm printers for money and xp just to be able to be a medic or security guard.

Also, since you found the source of the "client overflow" crashes could we possibly get the better map back?

Edited by Kurvyn
  • Winner 1
  • The Garnut
33 minutes ago, Kurvyn said:

but the new level requirements is gonna make new players wanna leave as soon as they join

Maybe in your opinion, but I had a server twice the size of Garnet (darkRP) that blew up because of the leveling mechanism being addicting.

34 minutes ago, Kurvyn said:

Any player that joins and see they cant be a thief until they've played for atleast a day would most likely just leave

Where did you get the idea you have to play for 'atleast a day' to be come a thief..?

34 minutes ago, Kurvyn said:

I played all day yesterday and I'm still only level 5.

you do realize that yesterday you couldn't gain any levels unless AFKing on the server, right? 

How things are right now, you get experience through printing money or manufacturing drugs.

1 minute ago, Garnet said:

Where did you get the idea you have to play for 'atleast a day' to be come a thief..?

From me only getting level 5 in one day.

2 minutes ago, Garnet said:

How things are right now, you get experience through printing money or manufacturing drugs.

I know that and I like that, I do like the level requirement. Its easier to see what level you are instead of having to check playtime, I just think some jobs shouldn't have a level requirement (like medic) and others should lowered. Or maybe increase the xp output for printers or make a XP Fabricator you can buy and upgrade that would basically be a xp printer.

3 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Garnet, new people can't even manufacture drugs. You need to be level 18. If you require people to farm printers to efficiently gain levels, it still won't draw people to stay. If you're new and unaware how to make a good base, you're going to be found, and double barreled by some dude with max armor and 300 HP. Then you're gonna respawn, empty pockets, and say "Fuck this place, i'm gonna find a different server.".

• The Garnut
1 minute ago, Kurvyn said:

From me only getting level 5 in one day.

4 hours ago, Garnet said:

Printers

66a9dcbd1b514d499be76c36aa1b421f.jpg

///////////Upon use will now give you XP as well

The XP:Cash ratio will be 

20:1

I really think you missed this part of the post man.

1 minute ago, Kurvyn said:

I know that and I like that, I do like the level requirement. Its easier to see what level you are instead of having to check playtime, I just think some jobs shouldn't have a level requirement (like medic) and others should lowered. Or maybe increase the xp output for printers or make a XP Fabricator you can buy and upgrade that would basically be a xp printer.

feel free to request I remove the playtime limit from a medic, it took me about 20 minutes to get to level 7 with a single upgraded printer 😛

The XP output for printers increases as you upgrade the printer 🙂 so if you upgrade output, it not only upgrades the money output, but also the XP output if that makes sense.

PS I forgot to address your comment about the map being brought back, my response is:

The moment the playerbase for DarkRP starts supporting me as much as I support them through any of the following; active time,  afk time, or staff team duties, I will consider adding the map back. Ideally I'd like a competent staff team with 50-70 members, and an average of 60 players on the server (at all times) so that can be 30 at night and 90 during daytime.

• The Garnut
2 minutes ago, Herb said:

Garnet, new people can't even manufacture drugs. You need to be level 18. If you require people to farm printers to efficiently gain levels, it still won't draw people to stay.

What part of this update seemed to be geared towards drawing new players to stay? I added the XP system to prevent minges getting on abusable jobs (instead of restricting playtime they can AFK for), and it worked in a previous server I ran. Regardless of the fact, these features won't be readily available for new players. If you're reluctant to farming a printer for a day or two, you  can feel free to find a community which has this feature available as soon as you enter the server.

feel free to request I remove the playtime limit from a medic, it took me about 20 minutes to get to level 7 with a single upgraded printer 😛

I think that Medic playtime should be removed, Hitman should be reduced to around 15, Thief should be 2, and Bank robber should be 10 in my opinion.

The XP output for printers increases as you upgrade the printer 🙂 so if you upgrade output, it not only upgrades the money output, but also the XP output if that makes sense.

I've been farming 2 maxed out printers for almost and hour and haven't even gotten a full level, did something get messed up with them when you updated the server?

• The Garnut
Just now, DarkKnight said:

I think that Medic playtime should be removed, Hitman should be reduced to around 15, Thief should be 2, and Bank robber should be 10 in my opinion.

Bankrobber is able to make 100k within 5 minutes and is a new job, so that should NOT be restricted to level 10. Feel free to use the suggestion forum for other things. Thief requiring literally 10 minutes of gameplay does not sound like a horrible idea lmao.