DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Improvement of Intel Raids and usage of Power Core

Sythireau

Description:
Intel raids have been an issue for a while now, with constant rules being broken including metagame, failrp, etc; has overall ruined the appeal of Intel raids. I came up with a suggestion with the help of a few staff I will credit below since I didn't think of this entirely on my own.

Inside every bunk and ever jail there should be a little screen somewhat like the simulation thing on the communications props for intel, once you open this if you are on the opposing side you can claim the area and the bunk will turn into an objective like the war objectives. The enemy forces currently inside the bunk will slowly push up the % going up by 2% every 15 seconds with an addition of another 2% until a maximum of 5 people leading to 10% maximum every 15 seconds.

Now, where does the usage of the Power Core come into play? Well the Power Core was something fun to care about at the start of the new omega map but it soon lost its worth, so I came up with an idea that can give the power core not only a use on the server but actual value. When the new map comes there should be a generator linked to each of the communications, if your side (US or Tali) currently has the powercore placed into the generator then whenever an intel raid has reached 75% it has a random chance to enable an alarm between 75-100 but is guaranteed to trip. This then sends out a message that there is an intel breach in one of the bunks so that the US/Tali side can then check each bunk to figure out which bunk is being cracked. If the powercore isn't in the generator then the alarm has a 5% chance to trip once the intel has reached 100%.

Reasoning:
We all know intel raids are annoying, no matter how hard you try to prevent it there's always someone that was "patrolling bunks" or decided to check their bunks while jumping around corners with a rifle out. This suggestion will help make the server more enjoyable during peacetime by fixing that and others such as;

1. Give the Powercore a use which will lead to more peacetime RP, and more things to do during peacetime since stealing the powercore is actually a valuable thing now.
2. Give Intel Raids more playability and enjoyability to both sides since it balances out the intel gathering as well as metagame.
3. Allows for more RP possibility during peacetime due to the influx of intel that will be gathered since people will feel more obliged to attempt to get Intel since it will be less annoying than it was previously.
4. Boosts player engagement by a lot more so that players aren't just doing nothing during peacetime, this will add more to do during peacetime.
5. With the introduction of MP it will automatically give them a job to do as we all know random 11B/Tali grab the powercore and run off with it or sell it to the other side.

Additional Information:
Just a quick thanks to the following who deserve credit since I didn't come up with this alone.

Theos; The Alarm idea
Velo; Wanting Powercore to be valued
Crypt; Giving the idea of MP protecting the Powercore
(Other staff assisting with the discussion; Brian, Gabe, Tom, Flak and Kurtle)

• Agree 3