DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Staff Application

Raggy

In-game name: Raggy

SteamIDSTEAM_0:0:503716682
Warns:0
Timezone: PST
Playtime?:|  Raggy FUBAR has played for 170:45:49.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES]
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]: No one but Mash said he would help me if that counts
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional]: I have been mod on a couple of discord servers and a Minecraft server
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]:

I think that I am a good choice for this position as I can keep a very cool head in situations that are very difficult to handle (lots of reports/rules broken coming in at once). I might not be able to be on for very long every day, resulting in fewer sits, but I will try my best to produce the most high-quality and efficient work possible. I also now have played the server for a decent amount of time and can help anyone with virtually anything that they would need help with, whether it be information on their role or how to properly build a base; resulting in a higher quality experience for all players in the server.  I also just want to better the experience of the normal rule-abiding player as a player myself it is extremely frustrating running into people that want to ruin others' fun for no reason.

My main reason for becoming staff is to better the experience of others through efficient and effective work, meaning that I would be ready to be trained and put into taking sits as soon as possible. Also I usually only have 2-3 hours out of a day of free time due to extracurricular activities and school, and my dedicating that extra time to Garnet shows that I am dedicated to the server. I also believe that I am very mature for my age and understand when to be serious and when to relax funny making a good judge of handle situations. It would be great to become a part of the Garnet staff, learn new things, make new friends, and help make the gaming experience of others more enjoyable.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I got banned on dark RP vanilla for prop spam.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: 2 days ago
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I have 1-2 hrs (weekends, Wednesday, and breaks more time) a day unless my parents take me somewhere
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?:2 internships, robotics, and school
Did you read the staff rules?: Raggy Fubar

Edited by Raggy
  • DarkRP Administration Team
59 minutes ago, Raggy said:

Did you read the staff rules?: Raggy Fubar

-Actually read the rules this time 

-I like the dedication in re applying and writing another 2 paragraphs

-I haven't personally played with you that much in game but none of our interactions have been negative

+1

• DarkRP Administration Team

+1

I think I've seen you around in game a few times and from what I can remember you seem decent and helpful and overall active within the community,

As you've said, it's good to have staff that keep their cool. Occasionally you'll have sits where someone is trying to push your buttons, so keeping a cool head is important. Good quality to have.

In my eyes, while efficiency is also good, in some cases, I actually prefer to spend more time to help guide others. For example, I've had plenty of sits in the past where genuine new players have had fail-bases (keypads not linked to fading doors, too many fading doors, etc) and rather than simply warning / jailing them, I prefer to spend an extra 10-15 minutes helping them build their base. This way the problem gets resolved and the new player gains respect for the staff team in assisting them over simply punishing them. I'd like to think that this way they will continue to be a part of the community rather than feeling confused and frustrated and leaving. But I appreciate your enthusiasm for getting the work done too, as that is also important.

Also I'm intrigued to know more about your robotics hobby! (I'm going to bore you now) but I work as an electrician, and chose that line of work after playing around with the Wire Mod in Garry's Mod. I then transferred that basic knowledge into real life and started messing around with Arduino and ESP32 microcontrollers. I love electronics and PCB design too, and I've made a lot of different projects. I look forward to chatting to you about it sometime 👍

Overall I think you'd be a good addition to the staff team as you seem like a genuine active member of the community with a keen interest in helping out. Best of luck!

+1

• Good paragraphs
  • Good community support

I also like to see that you're involved in internships as well as robotics. This alone shows you are able to dedicate your time wisely, and your paragraphs clearly summarize why you would make a great staff.

Accepted

Welcome to the staff team!

Do not use any commands or switch to staff on duty until you receive training by a Lead Mod+ and feel free to contact an Admin+ if you are having issues finding one!

I see that you're ingame so I will set your rank.