SteamID (https://steamid.io/šŸ˜žĀ STEAM_0:0:42256825

Warns: 0

Timezone: MST

Playtime?: 362hrs

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: NO

Referral(s): Mark

Past experiences as a Game Master: None

Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I love Star Wars and ever since I was little, I would always come up with my own ā€œbattlesā€ with my action figures and run around pretending to be a clone trooper. This server plays into my likes very much and as such, I am constantly thinking of new ideas and events that could be potentially made. I know there tend to be complaints about events, but to be honest, for a gamemaster to manage multiple certs, battalions, players, ECs, and RP chat, it can be very overwhelming. Iā€™d like to play a support role for our seasoned GMs and help out in off-worlds to help things run more smoothly.

Due to me not having much to do at work, I can use time in the earlier part of the day for when a few players get on to give them something to do before we reach peak times. Usually there isnā€™t much except for deliveries and auto-events. Iā€™ll be honest though, I am going to be a little selfish and try to run some CG events to help keep my guys engaged during the slow times. Not only that, but I think every battalion needs their own personal Events from time to time to keep their players active and engaged, not only with their battalion, but for the server as well. I would be more than willing to help with mini events for each battalion as well.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? No

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: At least 10hrs per week

In your own words, what are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?:

Creating and managing in-game events for players. Coming up with creative ways to involve players in activities and prevent the server from becoming ā€œboring.ā€ The gamemaster should also not ā€œrailroadā€ events but take an open-ending concept to how a situation may be handled. Having player-driven events requires much preparation and planning. Taking feedback and adjusting is also a big part of being a gamemaster.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team:

My love/knowledge of Star Wars would help me to create scenarios/events that would help immerse the players in the Star Wars part of the RP.

I would like to make more events where there is not only ONE way to the end. (for example ā€“ EC died, now the event canā€™t continue because he was the only one that had the only information to continue) This lets the event be more player-driven and force them to find solutions amongst other ECs or by investigating.

Iā€™d also like to come up with at least 1 thing for each certification to do (EOD, ENG, PLT, MED) sorry RM we get no loveā˜¹. ENG need to hack a terminal for info, the HVT is barricaded in by mines, the hostage needs medical attention, and the skies need to be cleared for us to evac. Something to give to everyone as well as play into each battalionsā€™ specialization.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server:

Developing a sort-of New Life Rule for event battles. Itā€™s a very raw idea at the moment. But basically no formations are ever followed when troops embark for the enemy, everyone just goes wild running out there, then when they die, they just run right back ā€“ an endless stream of troopers running back to the battlefield.

Basically, my idea is, if you die you get stuck back at base until:

Ā·Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Everyone dies

Ā·Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Your battalion dies

Ā·Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  The enemy is cleared out of the area

Then afterwards you may all disembark from the FOB to take out the droids in a united fashion. This makes death more of a punishment, makes battle grittier, and makes medics more valuable.

Ā 

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Ā 

Event - Supremacy:

Using my idea for of a New Life Rule in combat, it would be similar to the old Star Wars Battlefront (2015) Supremacy game mode. This is a less story-based event and is more combat-based.

There are 5 enemy FOBs you must take, in a linear path, to win. Only 1 FOB will be populated at a time. With each increasing FOB, the difficulty increases. 5 potential ā€œECā€™sā€ that would be ā€œDroid teamā€.

Ā 

All ground forces are to march to take on each FOB, if you die during an assault you are held at spawn until either the current GAR wave all dies or the FOB is taken. Every time the GAR is able to take the FOB, they will have a 5min grace period to now set up defenses and heal. After 5min the CIS will launch a counter-attack. If all GAR forces are killed, the CIS recaptures the checkpoint. Successfully holding the checkpoint will allow the GAR to progress to the next FOB.

Ā 

FOB 1: Droids + Vulture Starfighters (Droid team at normal health)

FOB 2: Droids/Vulture + Tanks (Droid team at +50 health)

FOB 3: Droids/Vulture/Tanks + Drop pod reinforcements (Droid team at +100 health, armed with snipers)

FOB 4: Droids/Vulture/Tanks/Drop Pod reinforcements + Bombers (Droid team at +150 health, ping launchers)

FOB 5: Droids/Vulture/Tanks/Drop Pod reinforcements/Bombers + Orbital Bombardment (Droid team at +200 health)

Counter attacks would include anything already present during the initial assault of the FOB.

Optional: at FOB 5 a ā€œHVTā€ may be present and may need to be extracted. During the extraction period an unending CIS counterattack (FOB 5 Level) will occur. Any troopers that die during this period do not respawn to the battlefield. Losing the HVT may result in a mission failure.

Ā 

Holding the clones at spawn if they die would force players to take things more cautiously since death means more. And all clones dying results in either a setback or loss of progress.

Ā 

CG Event - Traitor

This honestly would just start off as some passive RP for Envoy members and would be a pre event into something bigger. They would need to do a security patrol/evaluation of the base. Doing /rolls in an area would help them to evaluate how we are doing.

Low rolls might bring up something wrong. Such as:

a high level keycard on the floor, but not being assigned to anyone

a bugged communication device for a Naval member

an open commlink inside NCC

If the Envoy decide to look into it further, a list of 3 suspects (ECā€™s) would come up. A naval member, a new recruit, or an engineer.

CID would then begin an investigation on the matter and start interrogating the suspects. All would appear to be innocent, then the alarms go off that a nearby planet is under attack. A senator on a relief mission has requested our support. All forces are brief, scrambled, and we are off to go fight.

Ā 

Event - Traitor pt.2

Upon arriving on the planet, nothing goes right. As the troops are formed up and on a debrief at the FOB, we get bombed. (Any naval members ā€œkilledā€ are seriously wounded and are to be brought to medbay for RP treatment. No NPK or FPKs) Order Directive proceeds as normal following any Naval members injured.

Ā 

This offworld would follow the layout of [Supremacy] the event I described first. This battle and mission is meant to be failed. Unlike Supremacy, difficulty would start a FOB 3, and even when it is the ā€œ5min grace periodā€ CIS will launch ā€œsurpriseā€ counter attacks. In fact from time to time drop pods may rain down on spawn FOB or between FOBs. Orbital bombardments should be used to disorient the troops.

The optional HVT will be the senator who has locked himself in a secure area at FOB 5, and will occasionally use comms to ask for help, but the transmission is always garbled. (The senator is killed, either on the initial assault, counter attack, or evacuation. If for some miracle they do survive and are saved then when we return to the Venator, they will be assassinated).

After the senator has been killed an evacuation order needs to be given. And all troops must retreat back to LAATs (some LAATs may fly out into the field of battle for emergency evacs)

--

Making it back to the Venator brings no relief. At first, troops may be reassembled at MHB for a short brief (any ongoing Med RP would continue, but some Naval may be fit enough to be back in the field of battle) on the failure of the mission (should not be angry at the troops but just moreso disappointed that we failed the mission).

Interrupting the briefing are the klaxons of the ship that we are under attack. (pilots are scrambled) and a CIS invasion (bots and a 4 player CIS team). The CIS team may be disguised as clones or outright droids. Once the last member of the CIS team dies (ECs should alert the GMs) Event chat should say: ā€œA battle droid drops an encrypted commlinkā€ ā€“ ENG should begin to decrypt it.

A successful encryption reveals that our battle objectives/plans/comms were made aware to the CIS and that is how they knew our every move planet-side. The outgoing message came from someone in the GAR. At this point the CIS realize they have been found out and the attack stops.

(3 ECs should be presented as potential suspects) Navy, CT, Engineer (up to the GM to decide who is guilty and their motives). They must be interrogated and possibly a trial back on Anaxes.

Suspect 1 ā€“ Innocent, injured in the initial bombing planetside, no motive to betray Republic, clean record, no disciplinary issues

Suspect 2 ā€“ guilty, no disciplinary issues, but the commlink frequency does match the one sent out to the CIS, was present at the Senatorā€™s assassination. If he is accused enough he pulls his gun out and takes the interviewer hostage.

Suspect 3 ā€“ innocent, has had disciplinary issues (maybe drugs/contraband/illegal equipment/aggressive tendencies) but ultimately has never shown any disloyalty to the Republic in any of his on duty work.

Hostage negotiation may end in death or trial (RP it out and see what happens, maybe EOD rigs his ship to explode)

Ā 

Event - Senatorā€™s visit

[4+ ECs] A Republic Senator has arrived at the Anaxes base needing fuel for their cruiser after a diplomatic mission. Unfortunately the cruiser has also been sabotaged and can not leave until ENG repair the damages. At the same time, an LAAT is bringing in 3 CIS prisoners from a nearby system to be detained on Anaxes until further notice.

The prisonersā€™ goal is to capture the senator to ransom their freedom and whatever else they want. The prisoners can come up with the plan to escape on their own.

This can honestly be a very brief or long event depending on the success and wits of the prisoners. If the prisoners all die, then the Senator just has to wait until his ship is repaired. If the prisoners are able to capture the senator and gain access to a comms system, they can radio in for CIS support.Ā 

Ā 

Event - Jedi Intrigue

This event is meant to be a smaller midday offworld event. At least 1 Jedi needs to be present. 2-3 ECs (1 Padawan, 2 battle droid ECs)

A distress call has been received to Anaxes. A clone strike force led by 3 padawans had been wiped out. The only survivor being a lone padawan. They activate a distress beacon, but it's cut off before we land on the planet.

Once on the planet, 41st will be assigned to stealthily scout. Doing so will reveal a CIS fortification with droids/tanks/vulture droids on standby. Infiltrating the base 2 droids can be overheard talking about how easy it was to defeat the clones, "Good thing they had help from Count Dooku"

327th should set up an FOB away from spawn using fortifications. Navy will operate from this FOB, CG should defend it.

Medics should set up a field Medic tent in preparation for an injured Padawan

501st/212th/21st prepare an assault force on the CIS fortification

104th should be providing transportation via Juggernaut from spawn to frontlines as well as deal with any enemy armor.

Any SOB should concentrate on finding the missing padawan

Ā 

This situation can be approached 2 ways, stealthy (yeah right) or straight forward. If stealthy EOD can place explosives on the tanks to destroy them. If straight forward, a Providence Cruiser will come in and provide drop pod/fighter assistance (either Pilots or anti air from ENG needed) The Cruiser will only give a 10min assault.

The Cruiser assault will primarily focus on destroying the FOB. CG should defend it and Navy with their lives.

If the FOB falls, a retreat order must be given and the mission is failed.

Once SOB finds the last padawan they also find the other 2 dead padawan. If they inspect the dead bodies, they will notice lightsaber cuts. (Truthfully the surviving Padawn has fallen to the Dark Side and slain his fellows, but he will lie and say it was Count Dooku)

It is up to the Padawan how he wants to handle this situation, will he assassinate a Naval member? Will he go out with a bang and kill as many clones as possible? Or will he seek to steal a LAAT and escape? Or will SOB/Navy question him and find out the truth before anything bad happens? All of these are possible and open depending how the players respond to the situation.Ā 

Vehicle Guide for this mission:

• 1 large (ATTE, Juggernaut, UTAT) OR

• 2 medium (IFT) 1 per battalion OR

• 2 small vehicles (Speeder/ATRT) and 1 medium vehicle

If destroyed, no more will be given.Ā 

Since there is no hostage negotiation, 104th will be given first priority for a vehicle - Juggernaut - and be responsible for transporting troops.Ā 

Then 327th has next priority

Then 501st/212th/21st

Finally 41st has lowest priority for vehicle.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Komrk888

This man literally worked hard for the position he has. He trained me when I first joined the server, and his activity has yet to decline ONCE. He also maintains a fairly good batt making sure people aren't minging with their powers as CG. Overall is a chill guy and is also active via discord as well.

+1

On 4/10/2022 at 10:21 PM, Kenrotheangrycg said:

+ 1 ,Ā 

Dedicated as F*CKĀ . This is probably one of the most in depth applications I've seen in a minute and this man is absurdly active member of the community. Also currently in a leadership position and was also the main reason 21st Nova Corps was added to the server.Ā 

REP THIS +1

Edited by SirSmity
Used an ! instead of 1

EASIEST +1 EVER!
Komrk is such an admirable Commanding Officer. His activity is genuinely insane considering how many tasks he can be juggling at a time and the simple fact that he works while he's working. He makes time. Most importantly, heĀ GENUINELYĀ cares. He cares about his troopers. He cares about his team. He cares about the roleplay. He cares about this server. He cares and it shows.
You couldn't go wrong with making Komrk a Game Master or whatever he might aim for. He seems to always have the people's best interest in mind