Suggestion

Raggy

Description: Mayor Elections/impeachment

Reasoning: I think that sometimes people are unhappy with how the mayor is doing his job whether it be having too high taxes or just being an idiot with the laws they have, so having an election is a good way to combat the problem of having an unfavorable mayor. If two people want to be mayor simultaneously, then it should be a situation with an election and they should hold a debate or something down by the PD, and then the player can vote on who they want as their mayor (and every 1-2 hours there is the option for an election). Then there's the impeachment part where again it just depends on whether the player like the mayor or not and should be able to try and vote the mayor out of office because trying to just do a PD raid can be difficult sometimes if the mayor just has the PD full of cops and a good raid setup. The impeachment thing might be a bit of a stretch but I definitely think that the election could be a pretty fun addition to the server.

Additional Info: I got nothin for this

Edited by Raggy
  • Forums Moderator

Neutral, perhaps +1 with more info....

Funny enough, I'm almost certain that Mayor elections were a thing back in the early days of DarkRP many years ago. If you play DarkRP in single player (so totally boring-vanilla) then they are still a thing now in the game mode by default. So I'm assuming it was removed for some reason? Perhaps to encourage the hitman / assassin job roles? I do like the idea though, it could be really quite interesting, but I'm also interested in why it may have been removed as I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now. So I'll update my post with either a proper +1 or -1 as I learn more 🙂

• Agree 1

I dunno man, seems like a way to impeach the mayor just based off a popularity contest. It's fine as a first come first serve type of thing. Also, don't like the mayor? Just raid and kill him lol.

• Agree 2

I want to support this but this could honestly turn into a shit show of constant impeachments and never have any stability when it comes to mayors. Cool in theory but not sure how it’d play off in game. NEUTRAL for now until we can get more feedback or suggestions on how to make this work efficiently. 

This will make taxes impossible to work. Once someone maxes taxes, they will be impeached.

Demotion feature was removed for being abused for similar reasons and I don't imagine it coming back, so I don't see this coming onto the server.

• 2 weeks later...

Having had the new Mayor update for a bit now, I can see the benefit of an election cycle. While there is a rule which restricts the Police Department to only 2 fading doors, this is still plenty for most departments as they are well defended through the Civil Protection, and in some cases a Mayor will camp in the Police Department for the entire day defending it, not allowing for another player to try the position. Granted this isn't something I've noticed happen often so I don't believe it's by any means a priority, although having an election cycle for a Mayor that holds the position for 3 hours or so could serve well as a protentional update in the future. That being said as mentioned by Glorbnob, alts could abuse the election system and so there'd likely need to be a restricting factor to prevent alts from weighing in on the election.

+1