DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Suggestion to increase our EU playerbase by having an EU proxy

Kirin

So around a month ago I was playing minecraft with some friends and we found a server that had both a US and EU proxy, this enabled us to play with no impact on either of our ping. I thought that if it's possible then this might be a great addition to swrp, it would make our server be on top for EU players and more and more will join overtime, me and our current EU player base may handle them while our US player base is sleeping, overtime this will increase our EU player base. If having an EU proxy is a possibility then I think it should be implemented in order to grow our EU member.

• StarWarsRP Management Team

Ping is not the issue for EU players, as an EU player my ping rarely is a problem and considering most of this server is PvE even an above average ping is not going to have a major impact on your experience.

The main reason for lack of EU popularity on the server is the lack of substantial EU players currently, and that's a trait I've noticed across the whole community. The lack of substantial EU players means you don't get the Gamemasters and Battalion members necessary to grow your EU playerbase, at the appropriate times.

An example for me is that during the week I would need to be awake at 1am for the start of an off-world event. Most players have school/work so they can't stay up until 2-3am just to participate in an off-world event. Another example is you want to play with other people, and if other players don't get online until the time you need to go to bed, then you don't experience the server with players on it.