DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Suggestion | Anti-Cheat

+10 Playing the server over an 8 year span I can say that it has in fact gotten worse. I am a night owl and when 3am strikes so does the minges I get that but when you are losing 200k here and there on printers and cannot get any reimbursement, it gets a bit frustrating. I've seen noclipping/aim bot/wallhacks and many more. I get the fact implementing an anti ware for such acts can be a bit of a process and have repercussions; However it would be a good start to try to combat the issues when staff isnt  available.  Im speaking particularly about nights/early mornings. Please take this into consideration before completely blowing it out the water, Thanks. 

• Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
9 hours ago, Wess said:

I've seen noclipping/aim bot/wallhacks and many more. I get the fact implementing an anti ware for such acts can be a bit of a process and have repercussions; 

Do you have any video proof of the no clipping/aim bot/wallhacks. ive been playing in the mornings and at night too and not once ran into any hacker or cheater 

I'm don't really care for the topic itself but the problem is the last time Garnet experimented with anti-cheat which was on MilRP it false banned over 50 people in one night, which caused a lot of active players to get banned for almost 2 weeks because Garnet had to make sure he was unbanning someone who was false banned and not someone who was actually banned trying to get back in.

• Agree 1
On 5/25/2022 at 8:59 AM, tdizz said:

I can’t see this getting accepted, also I have only ever seen 1 cheater in drp and all he did was play duels.

I've seen countless cheaters who faze through props to blow up printers and aimbot everyone in the base (and I have clips of several occasions of this happening all this year) consider yourself lucky for not having to deal with this.

• Cringe 1
26 minutes ago, KoiFish said:

I've seen countless cheaters who faze through props to blow up printers and aimbot everyone in the base (and I have clips of several occasions of this happening all this year) consider yourself lucky for not having to deal with this.

feel free to send the clips man!

• Friendly 1

@Chawhead I dont normally record my whole sessions. It happened so fast. I guess ill just do hours of recording i guess? I thought garnet didnt have hackers so i never had the intention of recording but i guess i do now.  For playing the server damn near a decade on and off and spent damn near $100 on the server I have no reason to lie about the issues. Just saying lol.  I get that garnet requires proof this and that but its tough. 

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Denied

While in theory this sounds great but as we have seen in the past it can cause massive issues if not done perfectly so as a alternative we aim to patch certain ways that have been utilized as of recent rather than cause a greater problem by trying to implement an anti-cheat. We encourage all players to record and report any cheater you see to get the situation resolved by a staff member.

• Winner 1
  • Agree 1