Rou'k - Gamemaster Application

Rook_

In-game name: Padawan II Rou'k
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:587786442
Warns: 1 (RDM)
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: | Padawan II Rou'k has played for 370:13:04.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Billybob, Skelteen, Yubi, Bobert

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] None
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs:

I believe I should be chosen over other applicants due to the fact that I personally believe that I have creative and innovated ideas for server events, as well as the fact that I am willing to do small things that will help to build up a realistic star wars atmosphere to the server. I have a lot of time to consistently contribute to the server and am dedicated to helping ensure the playerbase is entertained and stays active in order to keep the server alive. I feel as though I have a good understanding of each battalion's specialties and would know how to contribute them into events to make the events fun for all battalions and not just focused on one.

I also think I can entertain people in downtime with simplistic passive events that don't interfere with peoples tryouts/training/etc. I think the playerbase will appreciate more events that aren't forced into, and are more optional if you aren't busy. I am also available to do events slightly earlier in the day to help those who have to go earlier and cannot stay for the later events. I also feel like I can take constructive criticism and use it to make my performance as a GM better, and to improve my events as I continue. When I make mistakes in my job at hand, I can use those mistakes to prevent things like that from happening in the future.

I have a decent amount of experience in this server,  and I think I can use that to help connect with the community and see what type of events they want. If as a GM I connect with the community and see what type of events they like, I can use it to adapt my events to the playerbase's liking, thus engaging the playerbase in events further. By doing this I will make them more exited for the next event, and they will stay on the server consistently. I have a relatively fixed schedule, where I can have predictability in the timing of my events, so people can know when there will be an event, and can prepare for it.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include detail: Banned once on MRP for mass, my brother was on my account and did it and I was unbanned after I proved it wasn't me. Banned another time on DRP when I was jailed for NLR (I was new to DRP at the time) and left while jailed.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Since its summer just about all day, but when school starts again it will be about 3-4 hours a day.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: The responsibility of a Gamemaster is to engage the player base in fun and interesting events in order to keep the server alive.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would help assist in major events as well as focus on more passive RP events, where it gives people things to do while also not getting in the way of tryouts and other activities.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: Make a civilian type class that people can go on in order to make more passive RP scenarios with civilian interaction in order to make the server seem more "real". 

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Event #1 (OffWorld), Trandoshan Trouble

Oh No! (Insert Jedi Padawan Here) has been kidnapped by Trandoshans. They are being taken to Endor and being released and hunted down by the trandoshans. The republic must go and search for the Padawan while they try and stay alive from the trandoshan hunters. (2-3) Trandoshan EC's will be scattered around "hunting" for the Padawan, and it is up to the players to decide what to do with them, what they do will effect the event. It is also optional to have another 1-2 kidnapped people that can be also spread throughout the map. (Possible PK here if agreed to by the Jedi)

Event #2 (OffWorld), Outpost Takeover

The republic has received reports of a CIS controlled mining station. The 34th is tasked with assaulting the mining station and holding it until the 12th Battle Group  arrives to take it over and make it useful for the republic. The clones must assault, take over, and defend the outpost until the 12th BG arrives. But there is a twist! The CIS have hired a rival mandolorian clan to help them defend the outpost, and there are a large amount of them. 1-2 EC will be needed to play the rival mandolorians. EC CIS tactical droid will be in the mining outpost's control room.

Event #3 (OnWorld), Inside Infection

A Commando Droid disguised as a new clone has infiltrated the base, and released a deadly virus that wreaks havoc on the clones. The CIS launch a full scale assault on the sickened clones. The medics must try to care for the sick while defending from the assault. The cure can be found by either the engineers finding it off the droid head, or the medics researching the symptoms and determining the disease. One EC commando droid to release the virus.

Event #4 (OffWorld), Captured Clones

The (Clone battalion) went out on a patrol and were captured by the CIS. The CIS took them to their munificent and the clones quickly hop on the venator and chase after the munificent. The clones will attempt to board the munificent and attempt to rescue the captured clones. Path 1: The clones succeed in rescued the captured battalion. Path 2: The clones fail to rescue the captured clones, and the CIS takes the captured clones to Geonosis, where they are held hostage. The 34th arrive and try to recuse the captured clones. End: The Clones return home on the venator after the medics help fix up the captured troops. (Optional): The venator is heavily damaged and the engineers work on repairing the venator before going home. 2-3  droid ECs to kidnap the clones and hold them hostage.

Event #5 (OnWorld), Crystal Miners

A group of miners are attempting to set up a mining operation at the Crystal Caves. The Jedi would not let that stand and enlist the help of the republic to go and help them to get the miners away from the caves. They can attempt to negotiate for the miners to leave, or they can opt to forcefully remove them from the caves. If they successfully negotiate for the miners, the miners will leave without a problem. But if they choose to kill the miners, the miners will fight back and attempt to kill the clones. 2-4 EC Miners to negotiate with the clones.

Thank you for reading, and I wish to hear any and all feedback from you all!

Edited by S0UL
Added Details
  • Like 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

Honestly, the trust I have in your referrals are what makes me want to give you a +1, that being said  don't make me regret it!

This being said, STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION, ADVERTISING IS FROWNED APON AND IF ITS LIKE OTHER SERVER'S CAN BE AN INSTANT DENIAL

+1

Edited by marks13001
  • Like 2
53 minutes ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

+1(but I am close to a neutral)

Your ideas are okay, nothing special, and your paragraphs are in the same boat. You've got some awesome referrals, so I'm going to +1 this, but I'm on the verge of a neutral. 

Thanks for the +1, I understand my events are a bit boring as I was having trouble thinking about some events, but thanks for the feedback. I will try to come up with some more creative events in the future.

Edited by S0UL
  • Like 1

+1

While I’ve had issues with you in the past it hasn’t been anything that is at all major or even pertains to being GM. Your event ideas aren’t the best as Aidan said but they’re by no means bad. With you also being around in the community even before SWRP, I see no reason not to trust you. My trust with you being around for so long is a big reason I’m leaving this. Lastly, I’d like to leave that I was the mod who issued the warn he received as a T. Mod on the server, while the warn wasn’t false it was something that really should’ve been a CG arrest not a warn.

• Like 3

Due to recent events, I changed my mind about my referal, you can take it off your App. In a leadership stand point, I've seen things others haven't.
I've heard things and seen things that 100% change my mind about you.  
Im not going to go in much detail, But the arguments you've been having with 327th members has changed our minds about you still being our Assigned jedi, And from what i Know, some of the stuff you said could be a bannable offense. I understand you're young, but you still need to learn about what you say and who you say it to.

• Disagree 1

ACCEPTED!

Welcome to the GM team, you will have your rank set to T.GM in game. Please refrain from using any commands until you are trained.

You will be getting trained by Donny (couldn’t find his @) 

(am on phone so sorry for the bad format)

I’ve been waiting to do this for a while but,

@Fonza please lock and move.