ROE Addendum

Toyto

-1 I would like for people to actually use the ROE more then it is(I rarely see stuff like when we did the events to test the ROE) I don't see such a huge problem, even when I'm on US, I find it interesting to see if someone is going to try something, and if so I hopefully have my teammates to back me up*which should be a standard thing*

Typically if a US sees a innocent "civilian" they are already going to be on the fence because they don't know their motive. With this new change it will kinda kill that RP. Also it's just not big enough of a issue to argue a change. I don't hear much of anyone complaining about it in OOC or in discord. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CChance said:

I would like for people to actually use the ROE more then it is

Totally agree; however, I am confused about how this pertains to any of your points?

when I'm on US, I find it interesting to see if someone is going to try something, and if so I hopefully have my teammates to back me up*which should be a standard thing*

Valid opinion. Would love to see more takes like this.

Typically if a US sees a innocent "civilian" they are already going to be on the fence because they don't know their motive. With this new change it will kinda kill that RP.

I'm unsure of what you mean by "that RP". If you are referring to the process of detaining suspects then I would argue it's actually the opposite. Sure, concealment would remove the variability of them taking a gun out at any point but if that happens then the interaction ends. It literally kills the RP when that happens because one of the parties in the interaction will die. Them doing that also removes the in-character variability of what happens after because it was clear that they were a member of AFG. Instead with concealment they could take a multitude of approaches to get out of the situation alive by arguing it was planted, they had it for self defense, admitting and pretending to become an informant, actually becoming an informant, and many many more. Or they could just pull out a gun and die.

3 hours ago, CChance said:

I don't hear much of anyone complaining about it in OOC or in discord.

I'm sure most, if not all, SOC members can attest to the fact that the majority of complaining about stuff happening in the moment takes place within the echochambers that is the Garnet Gaming TeamSpeak (i.e. not ooc or discord). Ignoring that fact though, you said it yourself:

3 hours ago, CChance said:

I would like for people to actually use the ROE more then it is

Now for me personally. I've been trying to host more patrols and stuff like that, in fact I did today, however I've noticed a clear lack of RP in these encounters (you know that thing I try to do in peacetime). I can give you a hint as to why that is:

On 7/13/2022 at 12:50 PM, Toyto said:

They can just pull a gun on me and now we are in a gunfight.

• 2 weeks later...