DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Tournament Idea for MRP!

MrTooTooT

Heyyy, what's upppppp. It's meeeeeee. I posted this idea before in Creative Corner, but I decided that I want more people to see this, so I'm posting it in MRP suggestions now! I hope that this could get more traction and  possibly be seen as an event we could put on/everyone would be interested in. If anyone has any modifications or want to see ways to improve this event, just say it 😄 For now though, I'll shut up and allow you to read my idea for...

The Garnet Gaming MilitaryRP Factions Tournament! 🔥

The tournament would be made up of the different factions of MilitaryRP.

These factions are:

Base: US                                                                                            Tali  

Tier 1: Delta Force                                                                            Badri 313                              

Tier 2: Rangers                                                                                 TSFU

Tier 3: GB                                                                                           055th

There are three formats that this tournament can be framed:

1) Having the US and Tali doing their own separate tournaments, finding out which is the best faction and then the final two factions duking it out.

2) Each of the tiers battle each other out (Base, Tier 1, 2 and 3) until there is a winner. 

3) Literally just do a wheel deciding which factions fight.

Now that we discussed how the tournament itself would be formatted, let's talk about the individual games itself:

Each of the factions would be allowed to have 5 members involved in this tournament and 2 (possibly 3, 4 or even 5) reserves in the case that one isn't able to make it.

It would be in a best of 3 matches. The matches would be held on 3 different maps, which can involve the OBJ's and some other extra areas, such as Village, Swamp and Cargo.

Each match would be decided by whichever faction gets to 10 rounds first, equaling a potential 20 rounds in a match.

It would be 1v1 simulations that each faction will decide who to put in. In order to make sure it is not dominated by a singular person; each team will require that each person goes two times during the match, no more than five and no singular player can go more than two times in a row.

Because of this, there would be an actual strategy to figure out who is the best person for each round. A good way of going through this tournament is to figure out who has gone and who still has turns left.

Now that we discussed how all this would be formatted, let's answer the one question that you may be asking: Why? Why host a tournament?

The answer can be given in three ways,

1) Because it could be fun lol. The idea of having a tournament every once in a while, could be a fun way to engage the community and allow for factions to have bragging rights in a sense, to see who the best faction is truly. 

2) It can also be a fresh new way to get old players back and engage them with the newer community.

3) Because there could be an actual incentive to do this. For example, factions can design their headquarters to give their place a little flair, but that costs ingame money and usually a whole bunch. We can make the tournament a high risk, high reward situation where the faction can gather up some money, put it into a prize pool as a way of entering the tournament and if they win, they can get a massive payout.

With all the things that I discussed, now I want to know what yall think! Love it? Hate it? Wanna blacklist me from every faction? Let me know!

Edited by MrTooTooT
Quality of life changes (edit)
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello @MrTooTooT, If a Gamemaster wants to run this with you have them contact me or @Ozzyso we can possibly give some XP/Money to the winner or just have them gather the money amount themselves! Just make sure its team based and not an FFA like you mention.
But otherwise I'm going to move this to accepted as this is already something we can do.

Edited by SirSmity