DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Pigeons Gamemaster Application

Papamid

• MilitaryRP Administration Team

In-game name: Pigeon

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:79410912 or https://steam community.com/id/Papamid/

Warns: 1… A verbal for accidentally putting down a Tali who had cuffs out, but looked way to much like a knife.

Timezone: Central 

Playtime? (Paste your /playtime [Name]): 252:21:36 and growing by the days

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes, my name is Pigeon

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes

Referral(s): [What Gamemaster recommended you to apply?] No, but I have some ideas I would like to try out.

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] Not as a Gamemaster, but I have been an Admin on 1 other server in the past, and in that time I built and hosted events many fun events.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] While I was growing up I was always told if there is a problem then you can be the solution. My problem is the boredom that I often feel, as many others might as well, during peacetime. I wish to remedy this problem by making fun, new, and exciting RP situations for the server. I am a very dedicated individual, I find great pleasure building, crating, and training on things (as a few people would know when they would wander off to MATCH during peacetime at like 3am to watch me grind for a better time, 20.02 is my best so far).

As a Game Master I would not just be happy to create new things for players but love it, as building things on Gmod comes very easy to me and is a weirdly relaxing/stress-releasing thing for me to do. Any time I’m not actively doing faction stuff I would be dumping time into building storylines, creating new events, and building raiding monstrosities.

I do hope y’all accept this application as I truly do want to bring enjoyment do players and give people something to do other than twiddle their thumbs until war time, thank you.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: Just a verbal, on this server, (see section 4 for details)

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Any time out of war, and whenever my faction needs me for training/recruiting reasons. 

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: With just one sentence I would describe the responsibilities as a Game Master  as “An individual who wants to bring more enjoyable RP and even non RP experience to the players, while also keeping things fresh and exciting.”

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team:  Some RP things I would contribute (will also be listed below in greater detail) would be like a storyline for the US and Tali, I have not seen something like that yet and could be interesting. Additionally, as a Gamemaster I would introduce a few RP events that have to do with the military from my own experience within the Air Force

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas designed for only your side to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

- An event , that can happen to any side, that starts off with their power cell spontaneously imploding and they have to hunt down the saboteurs, find clues, and recover another power cell from a secret lab.

- A AWOL/desertion event where a member of one side attempts to leave their base with critical information, that side has to stop them, without killing them, and bring them back for justice, while the other side attempts to rescue them.

- A raiding event where one side gets air dropped in.

- A raiding event where the raiders have to kidnap an officer and safely bring them back.

- A fun little mini game where one team are the hiders and the others are the seekers, hiders must hold a weapon that makes them slow and they can’t shoot but they can try and run away, and the seekers run around with knifes trying to kill them.

Please list and explain 3 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

- A unique king of the hill event where the winners win a power cell to power their base.

- An even that starts off as a “War” for small objects like munitions depots, medical tents, and camping grounds that would spawn somewhere in between both bases. In this “War” who ever wins the Obj would then trigger another Obj to spawn closer to the losers base, after winning this Obj then that Side would be able to Raid with some beefed up equipment.

- A global even I have been working on by myself on the side would be a storyline. This event would take up the course of weeks, if not months. The same event, part of the story, would happen a few times during the week so the maximum amount of players can play it. During the events both sides would have to fight, team up, and spy on one another, during which the reason why both sides are fighting each other would be revealed. At the end of every part of the story the context would be put onto the forums for those that missed out but want to know what happened. All of which would lead up to a map change, or a new storyline starting. 

• MilitaryRP Administration Team

@TugMyRug69 I am sorry that you feel that way, but thank you for consideration. If I may add, this application is with loving intentions, and would truly make a difference on the server.

+1 I can’t say that you’re required to put a bunch of paragraphs together for your events but I would hope that when making events that you put a great amount of effort towards them. I would like to see some active high hour players become GM’s more would definitely boost the servers pop. Give ‘em a shot 👍

-1 Seems like most of your events are similar to each other with the main objective being raids or war. Put more effort into creating role play scenarios and events that need the assistance of a GMs tools as that is asked of from the GM team. Most of your events can be created from either side taking the initiative themselves to run it by simply communicating.