Power Cell Suggestion

Papamid

• MilitaryRP Administration Team

Hello Everyone,

I would like to make a suggestion towards the power cells that are located in each base. The suggestion is "To make the power cells unmoveable during times when the server has a low player count".

In more detail, what I'm trying to say is that when ever the server reaches a low player count 1 of 2 things can happen.

1: Upon reaching low server pop. both US and AFG base will have power cell respawned into the generator (giving power to the base) and then frozen until the server regains a higher player count.

2: If a base already has a power cell in the generator that cell gets frozen until high player pop, at the same time another power cell is spawned somewhere close to the base that is missing it (the little

outposts just outside of each base) and a player from that base has to go grab it an put it in. Upon that power cell being placed in the generator it too will be frozen until high server pop.

2.5: If both bases are missing a power cell then 2 power cells will be spawned and from there it would act like the #2 suggestion. 

My reasoning behind all of this is that whenever the server reaches a low pop. and the lights are all out rather than it being RP, it just becomes an actual nuisance and it becomes impossible to find a 

power cell to bring the lights back on. Additionally, whenever there is low pop. it becomes impossible to defend the power cell when you are doing stuff like training, tryouts, sims, RP, and everything 

else that takes you away from the base. All it takes is one pesky intruder (who does not even need to initiate a raid) to walk in and out with the power cell to turn the lights off.

What I would consider as low pop is something like 20-30 players.

Quick summarization: Keep lights on during low server pop. and apon entering "high server pop" the fight for one another's power cell may commence.

Thank you for reading all of this, if you have any suggestions in Lua of mine, please feel free to share them below and I'll try and add it.

*Pigeon Noises*

-/+ I can definitely see this possibly working, as of right now a low pop would be 5-10 and a high pop would be 20ish people this week so maintaining this pop I don’t believe this could work right now. Later on though during the summer or winter break I can definitely see this being a good play.

• Agree 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 11:38 PM, Pigeon said:

Hello Everyone,

I would like to make a suggestion towards the power cells that are located in each base. The suggestion is "To make the power cells unmoveable during times when the server has a low player count".

In more detail, what I'm trying to say is that when ever the server reaches a low player count 1 of 2 things can happen.

1: Upon reaching low server pop. both US and AFG base will have power cell respawned into the generator (giving power to the base) and then frozen until the server regains a higher player count.

2: If a base already has a power cell in the generator that cell gets frozen until high player pop, at the same time another power cell is spawned somewhere close to the base that is missing it (the little

outposts just outside of each base) and a player from that base has to go grab it an put it in. Upon that power cell being placed in the generator it too will be frozen until high server pop.

2.5: If both bases are missing a power cell then 2 power cells will be spawned and from there it would act like the #2 suggestion. 

My reasoning behind all of this is that whenever the server reaches a low pop. and the lights are all out rather than it being RP, it just becomes an actual nuisance and it becomes impossible to find a 

power cell to bring the lights back on. Additionally, whenever there is low pop. it becomes impossible to defend the power cell when you are doing stuff like training, tryouts, sims, RP, and everything 

else that takes you away from the base. All it takes is one pesky intruder (who does not even need to initiate a raid) to walk in and out with the power cell to turn the lights off.

What I would consider as low pop is something like 20-30 players.

This idea makes sense to a certain extent, but think of it this way. If you just give them the power core there can be nothing for them to do. So not having the power core can having people wanting to get it which causes people to be active and brings up the total pop cause the AFG and US are fighting over it with the use of the ROE during these low pop times. 

Just mainly the reason to do something when nothing is happening which results in this suggestion to be Denied.