DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Dash's Ban Appeal

Dashh

!!!Permission To Post provided by Ozzy!!!

In-game name:  Dash

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:214928164

Staff members in-game name: Aidan & Stork 

Staff members SteamID (/id (name):  Not sure

Date & Time of incident: Around Spring/Summer 2020

Timezone: PST

Ban Reason: Cheating

How long were you banned for?: Permanently

Proof of Ban: https://imgur.com/a/exxXOtD 

What happened? (include any proof): 

In 2020, I was banned during the spring or summer for cheating. Previously in January of this year, I had appealed the ban. I was accepted briefly, however, this decision was overturned due to the implementation of a “30-day appeal” rule created under Theos. Understandably, due to the nature of my ban, I thought it was unlikely I would be unbanned, to begin with.

To come completely clean, I cheated for a day, getting banned the same day as I submitted a screenshot of myself using ESP during a sit. I was quickly banned for this, and I understand the consequences of my actions. While the amount of time I cheated does not excuse my infraction at all, it has been two years, and I have been itching to play ever since.

I personally believe that I shouldn’t be banned due to a myriad of factors. To begin with, other players were unbanned during the exact same time period, for cheating for longer periods, solely based on having bigger names on the network:

https://garnetgaming.net/forums/index.php?/topic/19148-dashs-ban-appeal/ 

Furthermore, the 30-day statute of limitations is no longer in place as far as I am aware. I thought the rule was quite unfair, to begin with, and players in a similar boat as me (Krimzin & blooms) were unbanned during this time period even though there was clear evidence for their bans. Due to this, I find it is clear that I was really only kept banned due to a bias against me from older players (Jake for example), and the fact that the new management (Theos) was influenced by these players to keep me banned. If I recall, many of these players used my “toxicity” as a reason to keep me banned, however, I was much younger at the time in 2018, and to be completely honest, I have never directly spoken to the majority of them. Though this is a clear bias, I do not fault these players, as everybody can be biased at times. ]

While I would not provide much more than a number on the player list, I personally believe that I have matured and come a long way since then. Though there is nothing to show for it serverwise, I would like to ask for a second shot at playing again.

I am fully aware that ban appeals are not for apologies, and accept the consequences of my actions. Additionally, I apologize to anyone I affected during my time cheating. I understand it is a wrong that can not be made right. As I said earlier though, many others were given multiple chances and messed up multiple times. I was given one shot and blew it. Thank you for your understanding.

If you would like more information regarding my ban, please read the previously linked post from earlier this year. Unfortunately, it seems as if many of the posts on said appeal were removed. I would be happy to discuss this information with those interested in my DMs or over voice chat on discord: (dash#0420). 

Edited by Dashh
Text color change
  • Agree 9

+1 

When his first ban appeal came up, I was around and was a staff member in the Operator Division as a Supervisor during the time period it was posted. The ban appeal was thorough and was clear on his previous ban for "Cheating/Hacking." This was actually approved and he was set to play on the server as he wished. However, a couple hours later Theos, along side other high status players clearly wanted him to stay banned. There was an almost obvious bias being showed in this situation compared to other players who had appealed, got the 30-day rule unapplied, and then later unbanned which didn't happen in this case. A lot of this came from conversations with Theos in TS with him stating himself that he used the rule for people he didn't care about banned. Myself and other players who I wont mention unless they also want to +1 this can also attest to what had happened. This resulted in his appeal being overruled and denied due to the reason "30-day rule exception is not being applied here. Should've appealed when you got banned. " This rule is no longer being applied to current appeals as of the current time which I personally believe this appeal should be evaluated and judged based on what is given to us. 

Edited by Velo
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

spacer.png

Denied

Sorry but with you blatantly lying on your appeal (pre-edits), I just couldn’t accept this. It showed a lack of remorse and ownership of your mistakes. Re-appeal in 2 months and be completely honest and forthright. You even had people vouching for you believing your original ban was false or proof-less.

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1