DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

People That Block the Chess Board

WhackyWiley

It would be nice if there were 1 or 2 of the following things done to help make the experience better while playing chess or checkers.

A. Make a rule that explicitly states to not stand on or put props on the tables. Any time I have reported someone the admins can do nothing while people are just standing on the table and get to keep trolling.

B. Make a transparent barricade on each of the tables that allows enough vision for people to play. 

The table games should be fun and be abled to be enjoyed by all. They attract crowds and the fun can be ruined by anyone that feels like standing on the table. Yes I understand that there is 2d chess but the experience is a lot worse, you cannot read chat and its like you are playing chess from the early 2000's. It is a lot harder playing 2d chess IMO.

Edited by WhackyWiley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

+1

On 10/11/2022 at 1:50 PM, Celestial_itus said:

You can pretty much say it's outside the rules because it's trolling/common sense. If something like this is just pure annoying to literally anyone, I'd say it's just common sense to not do it.

if its outside the rules, why not make it impossible to abuse  the lack of a rule for this sort of trolling by adding something like a barricade so that we don't have to report it and waste time while we could be playing chess.

The barricade could function like the spawn zone where props that get physgunned into it are deleted

Edited by HtmlRoot
  • 3 weeks later...
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Neutral

While the current rules don't specifically say "don't stand on the chess table", they do have broader terms such as "do not harass, grief, or troll players of the community" and "do not body block" which can be applied with common sense. I have taken reports for this exact situation, and generally a verbal warning is all that's needed, but it's certainly possible to go further with a warn or a jail of 3-6 minutes as per the D3A for anything not listed, if a verbal warning doesn't do the trick. With that said, if it makes the rules clearer then I'm not against the wording being adjusted as such but you're covered already as it stands.