BonkaMan

In-game name: Bonka Man

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:648833737

Warns: 0

Timezone: CDT

Playtime?: 225:02:36

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] dmoney824, Lala Lady 

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Rustoria Chat Mod

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

Why should you choose me over other applicants? To start off, I have a good feel for the server and its rules. I understand how most of the servers' more complex things work like fail base, Random arrest, or adverts. However I do not know everything, and I’m open to criticism if it is constructive. Secondly, I am generally a laid back, easy going person. I typically don’t try to make something a big deal when I don’t have to. For example, if someone accidentally kills me during a fight with another person, I’m not going to report that person. This just clogs up the already jam packed report system and makes someone’s day a little bit worse.These petty reports never get anything done and waste everyone's time. I’ve learned that being “chill” works in your favor most of the time, especially in a game where people can raid, kill, or steal from you. Being laid back has allowed me to make friends everywhere I go in the real world or in games. In addition to being laid back I also love helping people. Even in my current position I like helping the new players, such as people saying “how do I get out of third person” or “how do I make money”. I like assisting these people because I was one of those people when I first started. Helping these people from the beginning can make them valued members of the community. I think every high level player has stories from when they first started of themselves failbasing or rdming someone because they didn’t know. It’s difficult to start out with limited background knowledge, especially in a server with such complex systems and jobs. That’s why I help them as much as possible.

Secondly, I believe that I should be chosen over other applicants because of my abilities that can be valuable to a staff team. One of these features is that I am a very flexible person. I can adapt to new environments very quickly and learn from previous mistakes. This allows me to be naturally proficient at most new things that I start doing. Also, I am a very objective oriented person. I will not stop until I have completed my task or resolved the issue in a way that is satisfying.I also just genuinely enjoy moderation. I like the feeling of helping someone or getting rid of a wrongdoer. Getting someone the help they need after they have been wronged is a VERY good feeling. Finally, I believe that I should be chosen over other applicants because of my passion to help new/confused players on the server. Garnet was the first DarkRP server I ever played on. It and the people on it taught me how to do many of the things that were necessary for RP. Sometimes people would teach me things about gmod that I didn't know, I was taught by a gun dealer that you could snap rotate props by holding shift+e. These people were like idols to me when I was first starting out. I looked up to them and went to them with questions that i had (and i had a lot of stupid questions) Nontheless, the staff team helped me a lot, whether it was a question i asked in OOC, or asking if they can check my base for failbase. I aspire to be like the staff that helped me in the past by helping people and making the game more understandable. I have never had a bad experience with staff on garnet and hope that never changes. I hope to work with the staff team in the future and look forward to learning the proper way to moderate.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details

I have never been punished on any gmod server.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: OCT 14

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 

At least 3 hours a day 

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?

I love guns and tactical gear that goes with it. I am a massive nerd for all things tactical.

Did you read the staff rules?:

Bonka Man

neutral 

I have not really had too much interaction with you but I'm not going to -1 for that. If I feel the rest of the team agrees with you and I see +1's rolling in ill change. Good application. See you around hopefully. Good luck! 

7 minutes ago, xFish said:

+1 good app tbh one of the better ones i've seen. Hope to see you on the team.

I haven't seen you in such a long time. Nice to see you back, and thanks for the words of praise.

Edited by BonkaMan
Spelling Error

Accepted

Welcome to the staff team!

Do not use any commands or switch to staff on duty until you receive training by a Lead Mod+ and fee free to contact an Admin+ if you are having issues finding one!

Please contact a manager+ ingame to receive your rank.

• Spicy 1
  • Agree 1