DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

A suggested change to how the vault system is supposed to pay PD.

BINLADINHOE

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] My suggestion is fairly simple, instead of paying police out of the vault itself, what would happen is that
the PD would not get paid at all until the vault is filled, however once the vault hits its celling any surplus money that would be going into the vault is paid out to the PD evenly.
If there are 5 police officers and 100k surplus each officer would get a 20k paycheck.  

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] I feel like this would provide more of an incentive to keep things active on the server and would reward the PD being active rather
than them building up a massive vault and then after a certain amount of time passes it gets paid out and all surplus disappears into the void. I think It would also incentivize PD raiders
as the vault would almost always be full allowing for them to get more money rather than it being paid to the PD.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] I have no idea if this is possible as I am complete ass with computers but I think this should be fairly easy to implement. 

If anyone has any suggestions on how this could be altered, Im all ears but I think this would probably be the best of all worlds.

• Like 3
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Neutral

While I like the idea of the vault filling up more quickly as a larger reward for raiding it, my concern is that if the vault DID get raided then I feel it's likely that police would change job given they would need to wait a long time for the vault to fill back up again. On the other hand, it does seem like a good idea to evenly split the surplus once it's been filled as a greater reward for their time served. I'm just thinking out-loud but I'll stay neutral for now.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

then I feel it's likely that police would change job given they would need to wait a long time for the vault to fill back up again

I don’t have exact numbers but when I am running mayor and doing active 150k lotteries with 2-4 entries the vault often fills completely up within 5-10 mins so I don’t think it would be that much of an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...