basing rule change (different one)

mossly

desc: make the minimum space between doors three people standing in a line

(like []+++[], with [] being a door and + being a player)

reason:

-makes it harder to make a base that gets people "accidentally" stuck every time they try and raid

-makes it so a party can actually work together while raiding

-allows players to at least attempt to move out of the way and not get shot

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Forums Moderator

Neutral

I'm not against this idea, and I do actually give plenty of room between my fading doors as it stands when I make a base, just to avoid anyone getting stuck and having to make a report. The reason for bot giving it a +1 is due to the ambiguity of distance, given that for many players it would be pure guess-work when trying to determine what 3 players might look like. If you could specify a prop as a more standardised and simple way of judging the distance then I may be willing to give this a +1, but 3 players is too difficult to implement as it currently stands.

37 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

Neutral

I'm not against this idea, and I do actually give plenty of room between my fading doors as it stands when I make a base, just to avoid anyone getting stuck and having to make a report. The reason for bot giving it a +1 is due to the ambiguity of distance, given that for many players it would be pure guess-work when trying to determine what 3 players might look like. If you could specify a prop as a more standardised and simple way of judging the distance then I may be willing to give this a +1, but 3 players is too difficult to implement as it currently stands.

Prop equivalent would approx be two melons welded together hamburger-style (00)

• Informative 1
  • Forums Moderator
7 minutes ago, mossly said:

Prop equivalent would approx be two melons welded together hamburger-style (00)

Is there a single prop equivalent at all? Just for the sake of simplicity and to avoid any confusion, like for example (and I haven't looked) but say a 1x1 plate? I'd be cool with that 🙂

• DarkRP Administration Team

-1 i feel as this would be two hard to implement, almost every player makes a base hard to raid(putting doors closer) all the players would revolt, you just have to get good at raiding no offense. there are more things in a base that should be looked at like peeks rather than the space between doors

Denied
Most of the bases on the map already go unused because of space limitations.
Enforcing this rule would be tedious as hell, and make more bases unviable.