DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Being Allowed to use Noclide Glass

Tronic

2 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

While I like this idea on face value, as it currently stands a moderator can pretty reliably take their months worth of reports in one evening, and so I'm pretty against anything that unnecessarily adds to the current workload, and it goes without saying that players who have a genuine concern would be affected by those who just want a rocket-proof doorway. So while this would be fantastic if the workload wasn't so high, I don't think this is a viable option as of right 

i somewhat agree with you; however, this is a task that would take literally a second to do so I do not believe that it would really affect response times to reports

1 hour ago, mossly said:

i somewhat agree with you; however, this is a task that would take literally a second to do so I do not believe that it would really affect response times to reports

Gonna weigh in here, in order for this to work, the user would have to give prop buddy to said staff, as it stands right now. Only UserxD rank can physically move/color/edit other players props. Even ranks that are lower than Trial Admin cannot use the /removeprop command.

Given that most newer players wouldn't even know how to begin adding someone as a prop buddy, this would take more than a minute for sure. 
Basically in order for it to be efficient, garnet would have to do more coding lol which by now I'm sure he's tired of.

With that being said however, these reports could just be discarded and left till after any other time sensitive report was taken care of, (similar to base building/checking reports for anyone who is familiar with staffing)

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
10 minutes ago, xFish said:

Gonna weigh in here, in order for this to work, the user would have to give prop buddy to said staff, as it stands right now. Only UserxD rank can physically move/color/edit other players props. Even ranks that are lower than Trial Admin cannot use the /removeprop command.

Given that most newer players wouldn't even know how to begin adding someone as a prop buddy, this would take more than a minute for sure. 
Basically in order for it to be efficient, garnet would have to do more coding lol which by now I'm sure he's tired of.

With that being said however, these reports could just be discarded and left till after any other time sensitive report was taken care of, (similar to base building/checking reports for anyone who is familiar with staffing)

hmm, i assumed admin+ had blanket interaction capability so that is on me

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

I agree completely, it's baffling to me how everyone's still going forwards with "allow the exploit" with no discussion surrounding the no collide tool its-self? Allowing an impractical exploit is definitely not the best way forwards and I'm sat here wondering what I'm missing lol.

Following from your points, I'd like to change my response to the following, just to be clear to others and in hope that a reasonable discussion might come from it:

-1 for allowing an Adv. Dupe exploit as an impractical way of placing no-collided glass in the server
Neutral for allowing the no-collide tool

While I like this idea on face value, as it currently stands a moderator can pretty reliably take their months worth of reports in one evening, and so I'm pretty against anything that unnecessarily adds to the current workload, and it goes without saying that players who have a genuine concern would be affected by those who just want a rocket-proof doorway. So while this would be fantastic if the workload wasn't so high, I don't think this is a viable option as of right now unfortunately.

I'm not entirely sure what the best answer is, but it would be surrounding the idea of adding the no-collide tool back into DarkRP. I'd be interested to know the reason for it being restricted in the first place, but I'm still edging on the side of a -1 for the reasons I've previously stated, but I'm open to suggestion too, I'm not totally against the idea but still not sure it's a necessary change.

Proggy has seen me with it along with multiple other high ranking staff and I’ve had no issues so I don’t think it is really an “exploit” more so a grey area

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
3 hours ago, Shizzle said:

Proggy has seen me with it along with multiple other high ranking staff and I’ve had no issues so I don’t think it is really an “exploit” more so a grey area

Just to be very clear here, using the Adv. Dupe to spawn in no-collided props (while the no collide tool is restricted) is by definition an exploit. There's no grey area as to whether it's against the rules to exploit or use loopholes to get around restrictions, which is why co-collided props are currently against the rules. As I mentioned before, if it were allowed then why would the no-collide tool be restricted in the first place?

Lack of enforcement is what you're referring to which is a separate issue entirely, and has many factors involved (such as diffusion of responsibility that you're displaying, personal bias, incorrect precedents set before, a 'can't beat them join them' mindset) which makes life a lot more difficult then it needs to be. I would imagine in the case where you say Proggy saw it, I feel it's likely he didn't realise it was no-collided or I'd guess he would have spoken to you. Without his expressed view on the situation, I don't think it's wise to speculate on his thoughts around it, especially when saying his view is encouraging exploitation which I doubt.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • 1 month later...
  • DarkRP Administration Team

DENIED

The no-collide tool is restricted in the server, and so as it currently stands, the only way to have no-collided props (whether that be glass or anything else) is by exploitation of other tools which is a banable offence.

This is not something that we will be changing, and enforcement will be increased to ensure people are following the rules.