Ban Appeal

elitenova26

In-game name: Lucifer 
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  https://steamcommunity.com/id/KovaKore
Staff members in-game name:  Wendoly
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): Tango garnet.gg(STEAM_0:0:94160118)
Date & Time of incident: 2023-01-09 - 16:15:58
Timezone: Central
Ban Reason: Antisemtism
How long were you banned for?: 3 weeks
Proof of Ban:https://syjv7oc.sharing.bublup.com/ui/landing_page?item_id=001-i-e007dea8-caca-4341-8638-d18e8b56b1e2
What happened? (include any proof): there was a stage, and i was a hobo and on the stage a group full of us were going Kanye Concert, i made a Buddha peace sign on my own stage, and without confrontation i was banned, i wasnt talked too, there was no warning just a straight ban with no explanation 
Why should your ban be removed?: i didnt do anything wrong, and the person banned me never said anything and didnt take me away to talk about it, no way i was being antisemitic

• Dumb/Shitpost 2

Hello @elitenova26, as you already mentioned it you were doing a "Kanye concert" very close to the spawn I remember that someone was singing in your stage, so I got close to listen to it, after some time you started to build a swastika and that's where I stopped you and told you "Don't you dare do it" we both knew what you were building that's the reason I stopped you, then you started to talk about how you didn't mean to make a "Nazi swastika" but instead the Hindu/Buddhist religious symbol. If we analyze the context (You doing a Kanye concert knowing his recent antisemitic comments) and what you did it's pretty clear to notice what your intentions were. 

Here's the proof from my POV and this is another screenshot that another player took of the incident. This is the reason why you got banned for antisemitism.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

@Wendolydo you have a recording of the entire thing? i do remember you saying "Don't you dare do it" as you see in your proof I did change it to a Hindu/Buddhism symbol after doing research, and its a symbol of peace(the Buddhist swastika) and looking at the others perspective that's Often Racist and he was talking about how he wasn't too fond of the idea either, then i was talking to him how it is a symbol of peace and its not the swastika you're thinking of(i was heavily enforcing this knowing that is a peace symbol), then he looked it up and was like "woah i owe you an apology, you're right" his exact words too before the ban, which i still feel is unjustified, you still should've made a report and took me aside and talked to me about it instead of "Don't you dare do it" in the middle of the crowd where everyone was talking

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
25 minutes ago, elitenova26 said:

I did change it to a Hindu/Buddhism symbol after doing research, and its a symbol of peace(the Buddhist swastika)

If 99% of people are gonna see what you built as a symbol of hate, technicalities do NOT matter. You're probably the 100th person on the server to put swastikas down and try to claim its some buddhist peace shit. It doesn't matter, because of what the layman will interpret it as. Its obvious what you were doing.

• Winner 1
  • Agree 2

Discussing the use of the swastika is completely unnecessary due to the context of the whole situation like I already said, there is no need to get into technicalities or to look at the background of this symbol. I provided my side and proof, so I will limit myself to just wait for the proper staff to handle the appeal.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
10 minutes ago, Proggy said:

If 99% of people are gonna see what you built as a symbol of hate, technicalities do NOT matter. You're probably the 100th person on the server to put swastikas down and try to claim its some buddhist peace shit. It doesn't matter, because of what the layman will interpret it as. Its obvious what you were doing.

Obvious or not, Your Admin did not take me a side and address the situation "Don't you dare do it" is not addressing the situation in a crowd of people, and to your "try to claim its some buddhist peace shit" maybe do some research too and ask questions if you think its a symbol of hate(which it isnt) "The swastika has been used by virtually every culture at one point in time. It is still used by the Buddhists to this very day. It is a symbol of peace, harmony and wellbeing."  

• Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Toxic 1
20 minutes ago, elitenova26 said:

Obvious or not, Your Admin did not take me a side and address the situation "Don't you dare do it" is not addressing the situation in a crowd of people, and to your "try to claim its some buddhist peace shit" maybe do some research too and ask questions if you think its a symbol of hate(which it isnt) "The swastika has been used by virtually every culture at one point in time. It is still used by the Buddhists to this very day. It is a symbol of peace, harmony and wellbeing."  

I don't care what cultures use the symbol. Read the rest of my post where I said the layman will see it as a swastika, so other interpretations of it do not matter. Your ban is not being adjusted.

Sit.

• Winner 1
  • Agree 2