DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Rope Restraint (Cuffs) Need Fixing

Description:

For a lot of the time on this server, I have been in a Military Police faction. I have even experienced the Military Police faction from both sides of the server, Afghanistan and United States. With this, I have ran into some extremely common issues with the rope restraints.

Issue #1: The jumping issue with people flying into the air still exists. There was a huge issue with this back when I was extremely active (Echo), and for this problem to still happen daily and exist is crazy to me. I have had countless arrests on the server, prime hours, with 11B minges jumping up in the air and flying to heaven just to come back down and die. This is basically a "get out of jail free" card that is played by most minges that do get arrested. I know you can report for FailRP, but I'd prefer to keep things inside of roleplay scenarios instead of ruining fun and experiences with staff sits.

Issue #2: This also is complimentary to the jumping issue. The gravity with these restraints is insane during arrests. Someone wanted would, for example, go into a high area inside the US base. From here, they would get arrested and when they would get brought down, they would instantly die upon impact. (Even with the fall not being that high). These areas such as but isn't specific to On top of a Debrief room, on top of a bunk, in a watch tower, etc. All these areas are quite accessible for anyone to get on top of and is a primary escape route for criminals.

Issue #3: The "Struggle" ability on the restraints. There has been an option added to the restraints known as "Struggle" (I'm pretty sure that's what it is called). This option gives prisoners the opportunity to break free from cuffs and either pull out a weapon and blast everyone inside the Military Police/Kidnapping Jails, or they work a way to escape by either waiting for an opportunity or just flat out doing the ammo crate exploit method to get through walls. Not only have I been RDM'd several times due to this option being available, but it also creates more drama and ruckus within any RP scenario.

For Issues 1 and 2, I don't know if there is a way to fix. You could possibly attempt to code in that they are immune to fall damage while in cuffs. This may force some people to glitch and jump up and down repeatedly, but then again I don't really know. There is truly a resolution to everything, and I think something could be coded to force this to work.

For Issue 3, I just recommend removing the Struggle option away from cuffs. We didn't have them on Echo, I don't know why or how they just appeared there. But I think a lot of Officers and Military Police would prefer if the option was either removed or disabled. And even if it was meant for scenarios, the people that arrested the person can always just release them and RP as if they had struggled free... It really isn't that difficult to solve.

The reasoning for this change is pretty flat out and simple, it removes the likelihood of people causing issues for Military Police or Officers. All MP and Officers are told not to abuse cuffs, so for every arrest, there is reasoning behind it. There should be no option for someone to be restrained and imprisoned and for them to still have a chance at escape. I'm willing to answer any questions in the thread about the suggestion that can be brought up, but I think this is a good fix overall!

Edited by Towelieee
Wording changes, probably going to be edited more than once.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

+1 This has been a bug for a long time now (at least I think) It is very annoying if we try to drop down any small lip and just the kidnaped insta dies or they jump and go flying into the sky and die.  A change or fix would be great to have. I do like the struggle with the cuffs but make it where you have to click rapidity for a duration of time and not how fast you can click so you really have to work for it and not just spam your mouse and get out in like 10 seconds.

ZCvTeiNi92uKHlP3vx71mXv8usBSqz1YzwqexMQp7VUv6F5O68BdOlwHZN2wAWEbPD7fKKbfCKsvqNe2aifn99ta_hplv1cpizZaGxFa5TWqusHsnxVGYO6IyPdoJK9qAmxQIV0kpLYCx_ZBygkpYrlKPF2afLDgHxbxuUbTGKNFDuyv5Z_lDmoyMA                                          
Accepted 

We are aware this has been a long standing issue, and several attempts have been made to fix it. We will put this back on Garnets radar.

@Ozzy@Smity_Lock and Move

Edited by Bowl22
  • Like 1