DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Arming Children

Ziggy

Suggestion: Add the Orsis to the US Armory. Add the Mosin to the AFG Armory. Price both around $1000 and move the Armory NPC next to the ammo boxes for each nation. 

Reasoning: Arm new players against those dirty, disgusting, freak base-campers. 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

Orsis is 30$ On the store I feel it’s a bit unfair to those who purchased to allow anyone with 100$ in game to have it. But, I think adding the respective base faction snipers is a more fair approach. Ik there’s the whole ‘you donated you should be open to changes’ argument but I mean this seems a lil unrealistic you gotta pay 30$ on the store to get the weapon but spend like an hour on the server and you can just buy it with 100? You can also get the payroll through !credits and that’d allow players to buy these donation store snipers ten times.

-1 Change snipers suggested to base factions snipers 

Just increase the number of players allowed to be on the base sniper whitelist. 

Incentivizes a faction to actually train their people instead of just throwing weapons at the problem. Much easier to implement for Garnet as well.

Edited by PraetorDon
  • Agree 2

1 thing I agree with is that the armory should have more weapons but not neccasarily for low price of $100.

I do agree of adding more sniper slots to the base faction whitelists. However, I do fear it will just help out the current sniper meta which the server is trying to avoid. 

What we can do is reduce the amount of sniper slots for soc factions. And somewhat even it out 

Edited by Shwade
5 hours ago, Horseyyy said:

Orsis is 30$ On the store I feel it’s a bit unfair to those who purchased to allow anyone with 100$ in game to have it.

Price upped to $1000. Also if you say this is ‘unfair’, I just want you to remember that the only people buying this from the armory would be new players. Everyone who currently base camps already has access to a permanent sniper whether it’s an Orsis or a donator class. Literally no reason to bar this off from happening other than you trying to gatekeep the scout snipers. 

6 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Price upped to $1000. Also if you say this is ‘unfair’, I just want you to remember that the only people buying this from the armory would be new players. Everyone who currently base camps already has access to a permanent sniper whether it’s an Orsis or a donator class. Literally no reason to bar this off from happening other than you trying to gatekeep the scout snipers. 

I made the argument to increase the class limit for base faction snipers. Giving someone with 10 hours a sniper is going to make almost no difference if they don't actually know how to snipe. 

It would take less time and fix another issue I keep hearing/seeing about and have experienced on MRP. Lack of engagement.

Edited by PraetorDon
Just now, PraetorDon said:

I made the argument to increase the class limit for base faction snipers. 

If anything, I’d want to reduce the cap of those classes. Id also be open to 11A just handing out the sniper whitelist after a recruit passes. I’m not sure what will work to ease up the basecamping issue. I am sure that evening the playing field more so than right now would be a positive change however. The issue here is we need to decide if we’re going to move in a direction where we try to take snipers off of the server or add more of them. If you ask me, I want less. 

• Disagree 1
13 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

If anything, I’d want to reduce the cap of those classes. Id also be open to 11A just handing out the sniper whitelist after a recruit passes. I’m not sure what will work to ease up the basecamping issue. I am sure that evening the playing field more so than right now would be a positive change however. The issue here is we need to decide if we’re going to move in a direction where we try to take snipers off of the server or add more of them. If you ask me, I want less. 

Your suggestion implies giving base players the tools they need to fight back, which I am for, just not the method of doing so.

I don't agree with removing content, while not addressing the main issue MRP has, which is player engagement. Countering basecamping isn't difficult, from my observation few people put in the effort.

Taking snipers away would just lead to the use of DMR's/BR's/AR's for sniping. Players will always find a way to get kills while getting killed is a minimal risk.

Edited by PraetorDon
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, PraetorDon said:

Taking snipers away would just lead to the use of DMR's/BR's/AR's for sniping. Players will always find a way to get kills while getting killed is a minimal risk.

I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather fight a DMR/BR/AR on a head glitch than an SV/SR. 

9 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather fight a DMR/BR/AR on a head glitch than an SV/SR. 

New players would still lose, leading us back into the doomspiral, with a different gun focus this time.

I'd rather give tools then take them away, just the way I do things.

1 minute ago, PraetorDon said:

I’d rather give tools then take them away, just the way I do things.

Ideally, so would I. This is why I’m suggesting to give them access to a scout sniper. I would also like to buff Orsis/Mosin damage to 125. The issue being that I have to gauge my expectations for a community that constantly cries about basecamping but is not willing to actually do anything/make sacrifices to improve the issue. 

4 minutes ago, PraetorDon said:

New players would still lose

Yea, probably. But do they stand a better chance against an AR on a hill than an SV? Absolutely. This is also completely irrelevant to the original thread because what I’m suggesting is to give them access to weapons that allow them to compete in the current sniper meta. Not take anything away. 

You also mention how you don’t want to take content away on a server that needs more engagement for peacetime. Dumb argument. Me holding an L115 does not improve my peacetime experience and never will. Considering snipers as “engagement content” is just silly dawg 

13 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Suggestion: Add the Orsis to the US Armory. Add the Mosin to the AFG Armory. Price both around $1000 and move the Armory NPC next to the ammo boxes for each nation. 

Reasoning: Arm new players against those dirty, disgusting, freak base-campers. 

Disagree with moving the Armory NPC, but I'm not entirely opposed to adding access to the Orsis/Mosin for newer players. DarkRP (which I obviously play a bit more than MRP) does a very similar thing with the Playtime Token store allowing you to purchase a Dragonlore, so I don't see how this would be too different.

+1

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...