[MRP] Real Infiltration

Ziggy

Suggestion: Remove nation radio and repurpose U chat to do the following command when pressing it: /radio 

Description: Instead of our current instant-use radio, I suggest we make the U key automatically input /radio. This would force warleads to give out a new /channel in debrief for war and allow players to attempt to steal the opposing nation's radio channel. 

Reasoning: Radio would work exactly the same as it does now, except you have to manually set your channel to a new frequency. While it adds one more step to global communication, it opens the door for infiltration that has a goal. Back when, if the radio was successfully stolen, it provided a real advantage and forced the compromised nation to scramble to get everyone on the same page. Another dynamic to war. 

Me, positioning to steal the radio channel circa 2017, colorized: 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

How this works for anyone unclear:

/channel 89.9 

Press U -> [Radio 89.9] Hello 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 1
  • Creative 1
  • Agree 7

I have to comment on this one. What if we have that concept during peacetime? Just so War can still utilize the U team chat. Instead of making U in your suggestion what about /r? Just an Idea because getting base faction players to set their channel can be aids. 

51 minutes ago, Smity_ said:

What if we have that concept during peacetime? 

No

War can still utilize the U team chat. 

The entire point of the suggestion is to reintroduce a gameplay mechanic that has influence on the war. There would be nothing for players to gain from accessing a radio during peacetime unless we implemented the occupations system. Even then, I’d still want it to be something that influences both. 

Just an Idea because getting base faction players to set their channel can be aids. 

If you can get a recruit to change their name, you can get them to set a channel. 

Edited by Ziggy

ZCvTeiNi92uKHlP3vx71mXv8usBSqz1YzwqexMQp

Denied

After a discussion, we've decided not to implement this to the server as it may bring upon metagaming would discourage player interaction without them knowing if their comms are compromised.

Secure channels are easy for new players to grasp, there's really no reason to complicate it further.

Edited by Fonza