DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Driver's Shouldn't Be Able To Be Killed

Pockle

Players shouldn't be able to killed in vehicles

• The only way people should be killed while in a vehicles if it blows up. Drivers are getting sniped out vehicles from one sniper shot. Vehicles are a great tool for players to get to objectives and should provide more protection to it's occupants. 
  • Like 1
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 4
20 minutes ago, mossly said:

just like how in real life drivers can't be killed

the protection is moving in a way that isn't so predictable you can get clapped

If you were driving a military grade vehicle with 3/8" bullet proof windows, I think you could take a nap and not worry about getting shot my friend. However, this is not real life. Vehicles are a one time spawn for most people in a war, and getting sniped out of the driver seat with a car full of reinforcements is just boring and can lose one a war. If I'm not allowed to respawn my vehicle every time I die, then I should not be able to be killed by one bullet while driving it.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Shwade said:

The primary issue regarding cars is that the car itself becomes the hitbox for the driver. So you can technically spray any part of the car from a distance and it will kill the driver. 

Ah, this makes a difference

• Like 1
13 hours ago, MaxxTheApe said:

I think this is kind of shitty because people will abuse the god mode of the driver seat just like last time it was implemented.

Not asking for god mode that is unfair. I'm asking for it to take more than one bullet from a sniper to kill the driver of a humvee with bullet proof windows. 

• 2 weeks later...