Smity Warn Appeal

In-game name: 75R STB Colonel Smity
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:204070455
Staff members in-game name: Towelie
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): STEAM_0:1:555365615
Date & Time of incident: 9:30 PM 
Timezone: EST
Warn Reason: RDM
What happened? (include any proof): ISI Agent Thorn Was Shooting from A bush on the corner of the base towards an Weapons Trader at the front of the base. https://streamable.com/jl0evm 
Why should your warn be removed?: The ROE states with a weapon out, Which means if that player shoots a weapons and is the only player there at that time means they had a weapon and can be killed.  If they have proof of not having a weapon out at all then sure the warn stands. The argument of /rolling against a player that killed a friendly. But you can confirm the gun shots happening right infront of me in the clip and nobody else was there. 

+1 for warn appeal. I was the goat and saw smity in the guard tower while Thorn was shooting and he was the only one there. Therefore I think this warn was not justified for any reason.

• Dumb/Shitpost 3

+1 for the appeal. I was one of the salesmen in front of the base everywhere we went they followed us killing any us who tried to purchase anything. We had tried to tell them to stop many times and had said this was part of a mini event we where running, However they kept killing our customers. Smity just killed him because any smart person could see the tali was shooting and was the only person around. 

• Dumb/Shitpost 3

+1 for your warn appeal. As the person running the event i dont think Smity was in the wrong. The person he killed was continuously interrupting my event and i had asked them to stop. they did not and continued to break NLR and kill everyone in and around my event. Smity had had enough and followed the US roe (killing the person he heard and knew was shooting along with the like 6 other people there shooting back). 

Edited by SailorDef
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Agree 1
17 minutes ago, Smity_ said:

But you can confirm the gun shots happening right infront of me in the clip and nobody else was there. 

Important distinction. You didn't see the person shooting directly in front of you, you heard the gunshots and assumed it was the person in the bush. Sure, logically makes some sense. However, another Tali had run up shortly after. The only way you'd be able to "confirm" that it was Agent Thorn is through metagaming (utilizing the kill feed), therefore you can't rule out the other taliban there. Mans was hidden for over 30 seconds.

So while it was true that Thorn was the one shooting - you wouldn't have the knowledge.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lex_ said:

However, another Tali had run up shortly after.

There was no other Taliban There at all. I could see him in the bush at the start. 

2 minutes ago, Lex_ said:

- you wouldn't have the knowledge.

The knowledge of it being the same person and only person there? The person that walked up a long time after. You can tell I see the Afghan Defender Model in the bush at the start of the clip and see him in the bush later. So idk what you're talking about

These were the two clips that were provided during the sit:

Smity's POV https://streamable.com/nts43a

KMP (ISI Agent Chi's) POV : https://streamable.com/jajbxd

For the some backstory, KMP was enforcing Afghanistan ROE outside the United States base, Smity was one of the few people that was killed. Smity went and killed KMP in the tower, mind you KMP was not seen by Smity (other than being killed) when he had a weapon out. Smity, during the sit, proceeded to say that he heard gun shots coming from the bush and that led him to assume that KMP was shooting, however in the server rules, the ROE states "If friendly was killed and perceived in-character you can check them for weapons used recently and "Detain them to do this" You can kill them. For now you can /roll."

Yes, Smity did hear gunshots coming from bush, however he did not see KMP shooting nor with a gun even out. Even if Smity had assumptions, he jumped to action and decided to kill KMP instead of rolling. Therefore, it breaks ROE and this justifying the RDM warn being handed out.

Edited by Towelieee
  • Dumb/Shitpost 3
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 4
4 minutes ago, Smity_ said:

The knowledge of it being the same person and only person there? The person that walked up a long time after. You can tell I see the Afghan Defender Model in the bush at the start of the clip and see him in the bush later. So idk what you're talking about

Seeing somebody in a bush 30 seconds before somebody gets shot gives reasoning to shoot somebody? "A long time after" doesn't mean they weren't standing off to the side out of your view, because while I can't provide the proof of that, I was sitting off to the side on the hill before I walked up to KMP in the bush.

7 minutes ago, Towelieee said:

Yes, Smity did hear gunshots coming from bush, however he did not see KMP with a shooting nor with a gun even out. Even if Smity had assumptions, he jumped to action and decided to kill KMP instead of rolling. Therefore, it breaks ROE and this justifying the RDM warn being handed out.

^^^

Accepted

After a lengthy review of the evidence provided, it has been decided that this warn will be removed.

There was reasonable cause for the shooter to be killed within the confines of our ROE.

I hate to be that guy but a reminder seems necessary. Support should be shown via reactions, not comments. If you’re commenting, it’s to bring new info to the conversation.

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 2