SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:469731589
Staff members in-game name: Taliban Marshal Shwade 
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): STEAM_0:1:503658864
Date & Time of incident:  May 14th, 2023, Just after 8:00 PM
Timezone: EST
Warn Reason: VDM x2
What happened? (include any proof): 
First, the facts:

I own a vehicle and used it multiple times on May 14th.
I used that vehicle both on US and AFG throughout the day.

I was using the vehicle in AFG base and was being attacked by some other AFG members.
I ran the vehicle recklessly and speedily through the AFG base.
I used the e-brake (space-bar) to try to stop the vehicle.

Despite that, I ran straight into 055 MHB MAJ Drax and Shwade, killing them.

Shwade instantly teleports to self (self-revives) and I apologize.
Shwade then, without a sit, conversation, or any real communication, warns me for VDM x2.

Earlier that day, I used my vehicle to attempt to ram another vehicle in US base and killed a US teammate. This person was understanding of the mistake and did not report me. Following this, a US officer, which I had warned earlier for destroying my vehicle and stealing it multiple times (also the person whose car I was trying to ram) attempted to warn me in retaliation by 3rd person reporting for incident earlier.

Shwade was involved in that sit, and obviously made assumptions from that incident, as talking with him, AFTER he warned me, said that that was one of the factors leading to the warn.

Why should your warn be removed?:

First, my actions.
I was completely and undeniably being a little reckless with my vehicle, as clear with the 3 people I had killed that day with the car (over a 3 hour period). However, the server rules on this matter state: Do not intentionally use your vehicle to kill other players during war.
I want to start by saying that this event was completely accidental. Although I provided the necessary conditions that allowed for the plowing of AFG teammates, after realizing that I was heading towards them, I immediately applied the brake and attempted to steer away. Unfortunately this did not work as the Humvee has terrible stopping distance and horrendous understeer.
I did not intentionally kill anyone with my vehicle. This was an accident, and should have been handled as such.

I'll continue by pointing out that this rule particularly points using a vehicle as a weapon specifically during war. This was peacetime, and as such should not apply.

Drax was understanding and did not want any punishment for this incident.
As such, and with no other rules in staff guidelines or in any document, this rule does not apply. Then this instance is Accidental RDM x2?. Really? It was an accident

Now the actions of Shwade.
First, Shwade immediately self revives, which is FRP. He did not even try to handle this situation within roleplay.
He then despawns my vehicle, which is reasonable, as I immediately left it following this tragedy blocking the ammo crates.
Don then comes up and says to us that I hit him as well during my escape. (it's at this point that Drax RDMs me as a joke, which is fine)
Through the whole event I laugh it off, as we were having a great time in TS before and after (shwade was not ther) and I believed that the situation was not very serious.
I return after respawning and joke a sincere apology.
As I start to speak Shwade opens the /warn UI
Drax jokingly types out the command in chat "./warn AwesomeC demotion - mass vdm", then again with "./warn AwesomeC VMRDM - 3 week ban"
THEN IMMIDATLY WITHOUT SAYING A WORD OR TYPING ANYTHING BEYOND "/warn" and then the command itself, WARNS ME.
Shwade did not submit a report, and then handled his own "sit", without saying a singe word. No clearing up details, no questions, no nothing. Just "Awesome killed Drax (vehicle), Awesome killed Shwade (vehicle), warn for VDM".

After this I tried to clear it up with him, but all he could muster was "you've been doing this all day", "I've gotten multiple reports" and "I'm not talking about it anymore".
He had no receipts, no conversations, just warn.
That is no excuse for breaking staff rules (taking your own sit unless absolutely  necessary, there were 7 other staff members online) and punishing without saying a word. I love you shwade, but this was unprofessional and unacceptable. 

He still has not had a full conversation with me, and avoids it to this moment.

With a questionable warn reason, unclear context, and a staff member that handled his own sit without saying a word, this punishment was unjust and uncalled for. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1

Around 6-7 PM, Tage was in a sit where you and River were in. Tage notified me to come over as he needed help with the report and I teleported to where you guys were having the sit. I get to know the context and started questioning everything that was going on. You became very eager to leave and kept on asking me for a respawn. I then respawn you while I handled the rest of the sit. River provides a clip of you VDM'ing https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/19n6VE2W03CljP/d1337L2EsJzZ?invite=cr-MSw1dzMsMTcwODMwMDAzL. Knowing that it was a third party report I took no action against it. But I did mention to Tage and River that if something like this ever happens you will get warned. About 1 hour later you were on a high-speed chase within the AFG Base. Here is the clip you provided me https://clipchamp.com/watch/kChUqag0Jef. You were driving extremely recklessly within the AFG Base so you were bound to hit someone. Here is my POV- https://streamable.com/xeyl6v. Even though there were other staff members to handle said sit I have the ability as staff to punish someone that directly breaks a rule in front of me as long as I have evidence to back it up. Honestly, you should have more control over your car ESPECIALLY IN BASE.  In addition, you also had a very good chance of stopping the car by the time you realized you were going to hit us. True, I really did not want to have a conversation directly after the warn because I had my own things going on. But I eventually did have a conversation with you. 

Edited by Shwade
  • Agree 1
  • MilitaryRP Administration Team

spacer.png

Denied

After further review, it has been deemed that your actions did in fact warrant a warning.

While you may not have intentionally VDMed it is the fact that you neglected to drive safely through your own base and that is your responsibility.

Additionally Shwade's actions were justifiable due to the fact that he was the only staff on at the time.
Thank you @THEHUNTINGUY/ @FonzaPlease lock and move.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1