DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

New War System

Dashh

Description:

Introducing a new War Objective system to replace the current voting process for selecting objectives. Instead of voting for the type of war, players on the server can now vote for a specific objective (Cons, PG, or CY) to pursue. Once the war starts, a marker will appear on the screen indicating the active objective. This marker could be a simple circle with the objective's abbreviation displayed above it in the sky.

Reasoning: Often, during the war, additional objectives are captured because new players unknowingly venture into areas of the map that were not voted for. Implementing this new system will provide greater clarity and avoid confusion.

Edited by Dashh
  • Agree 2
  • MilitaryRP Administration Team

+1
I like it a lot

plus it will help newer players not go to the wrong OBJ

The only negative I see is how would we vote for multiple OBJs at once.

45 minutes ago, Papamid said:

+1
I like it a lot

plus it will help newer players not go to the wrong OBJ

The only negative I see is how would we vote for multiple OBJs at once.

There could be more options than just the three objs
PG 

CONS

CY

3 OBJ

2 OBJ

Something like that

4 hours ago, Dashh said:

players on the server can now vote for a specific objective (Cons, PG, or CY) to pursue

Ok just to be clear, "players" is warleads right? If so, 110% to this suggestion. If you're talking about majority of players having a vote, then a big no because the voting system would be scuffed when US picks OBJ's in their favor with no regards to AFG. I think it is important you add a critical part which is a system where a player can take WL. Eh, even then this complicates issues when a WL needs to be overruled, and the coding to choose what classes get to WL. I would suggest making this suggestion more cohesive and concise, because there are a lot of random factors that you need to take into account

4 hours ago, Dashh said:

. Once the war starts, a marker will appear on the screen indicating the active objective.

big +1 to this, make this a togglable feature on by default for new players and old players that can turn it off when not needed.

Voting on an OBJ when a one obj war occurs is up to war leads. I know in recent times we mainly have been having one obj wars due to pop but summers around the corner. And during the summer we tend to see a large player increase. Most players are people who attend high school and college. There will be an increase in 3 obj wars soon if past year trends continue. Its also important to think about we are currently in a place holder map and when the new one releases will also bring back some old players. 

BUT the marker idea is good and I know its been brought up in the past. If we could find a way to implement it into the server I would be all for it so that part of the suggestion gets a +1 from me.

Edited by jas0n
  • MilitaryRP Administration Team
22 hours ago, Reynolds said:

Ok just to be clear, "players" is warleads right? If so, 110% to this suggestion. If you're talking about majority of players having a vote, then a big no because the voting system would be scuffed when US picks OBJ's in their favor with no regards to AFG. I think it is important you add a critical part which is a system where a player can take WL. Eh, even then this complicates issues when a WL needs to be overruled, and the coding to choose what classes get to WL. I would suggest making this suggestion more cohesive and concise, because there are a lot of random factors that you need to take into account

big +1 to this, make this a togglable feature on by default for new players and old players that can turn it off when not needed.

With further consideration to this i will change my +1 to a    -1. as It will allow the side with more players to always chose a OBJ that is in favor to them.

• 3 weeks later...