DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Banned for 'RDM and LTAP'..... ?

TomPlatz

In-game name: Tom Platz
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): 76561198226467304
Staff members in-game name: Not sure
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): Not sure
Date & Time of incident: During the night of 23/07/2023
Timezone: Im from Ireland so GMT
Ban Reason: Rdm + LTAP (Supposedly)
How long were you banned for?: 2500 minutes
Proof of Ban: I can include screenshot - Screenshot-2023-07-23-154840 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB (ibb.co)
What happened? (include any proof): Idk man i was online last night and purchased 100 credits and bought some weapons, vip, and some other cool shit too, then played for maybe 30 mins. Had to go to bed, i woke up this morning and decided id hop on and have some fun before I get back to work tomorrow, as Im loading in it says 'Banned for RDM + LTAP' I was so confused, and then took me a while to get in contact with someone who gave me the advice to post an appeal on this forum. 
Why should your ban be removed?: I aint guilty bruh - why would i spend $100 ish and then immediately do something to get me banned? also even if I did rdm + ltap (I went to sleep not LTAP) would a 2 day ban really be justified? im not sure but I also really can not remember even getting pvp.

Thanks for taking the time to read :d

Edited by TomPlatz
To add proof of ban
  • Like 1

Hi TomPlatz, this was my ban.

I got a report on you for RDM, and when I went to check it, you had disconnected. Here's a screenshot of the kill logs of you killing the player who reported you.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

You can also see that you were disconnected in said screenshot, making it LTAP.

Based off of kill logs, I didn't really have any other evidence besides the person who reporting you saying you shot him in the middle of the street and then left.

5 hours ago, TomPlatz said:

also even if I did rdm + ltap (I went to sleep not LTAP) would a 2 day ban really be justified?

LTAP is "leaving to avoid punishment." Normally RDM by itself is a jail or a warn, but due to your account leaving to "avoid" the punishment, it was escalated to a ban. 2 days is the proper ban length for RDM + LTAP. You can check the ban lengths on the D3A here.

Oooh i remember, basically the guy rwc rdmed me, i came back out of spawn and the dude was chasing me down so i killed him (revenge rdm/rdm i guess) and then sometime after I went to sleep (as im from UK it was like 3am so i was shattered). Im new to the server, and havent played drp in over a year properly, so I feel like the ban is quite harsh. Tanks for taking the time to look nonetheless

• DarkRP Management Team

ACCEPTED

I have spoken to WohMi and determined that you left the server before being pulled into the report, this solidifies your claim that you left the server on your own to go to bed and not intentionally to dodge a punishment.
WohMi agrees that there is not much risk in unbanning you, so long as you still 
receive your punishment in the form of an in-game warn upon your return. 

In the future, I would suggest not revenge killing someone and leaving the server immediately thereafter.

Your ban has been lifted, your warn will be issued when you rejoin.

@stretchy @Proggy
Please lock & move.