Tranquilito's Staff Application

tranquilito

In-game name: Tranquil
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): Tranquil(STEAM_0:1:198511234)
Warns: Banned currently 2 weeks MRDM and jailed once for having mic problems in a sit. Danny decided it would be best to jail me for not speaking, and he conveniently forgot to screenshot logs. No hard feelings. ( no actual warns)
Timezone: CST
Playtime?: 4 hours currently in server, approx 800 in game. I've definitely had more than 100 hours in this server years ago.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: YES
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] None my boi tadtad31's app inspired me to apply.
    Past experiences as staff: I was an Admin/ moderator for a considerable amount of time on a few RP servers and sandboxes (I recall but am not sure if my staff extended to TTT servers since some were  "global positions") several years ago. The most popular one was named Gl!tchedRP, it averaged 30 players a day on a 50 player server.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I think I should be chosen over other applicants because I have real a desire to see DarkRP as a genre grow. Gmod2 is currently in development, and I would be delighted to contribute to DarkRP's continuance into that game. I believe I posses the experience and knowledge necessary to help make this push. Moreover, I enjoy helping new players learn how to play DarkRP as this genre allows for a plethora of creative expression unseen in other games.

Furthermore, I feel as though I can contribute meaningfully as a staff member. For example I was banned because of my response to people harassing my group, and I was saddened feeling like no staff had taken the time to listen and comprehend my side of the story. For over 10 minutes no staff would respond to my reports, yet despite that a 20 second clip was used to justify banning me for 2 weeks when I intended to cause no trouble to the server.  I can say with certainty as staff I can contribute the patience and reason necessary to deal with all types of situations for the betterment of this server.

Not only do I have the sincere will to participate. I am a responsible and reliable person. And I feel my experience qualifies me for a role as staff. I already know how to use ULX, Blogs, and all the works. And I can speak and write in proper grammar. Moreover, I can read at a level that allows me to correctly interpret and recall the rules of the server. Not to be rude, but I've noticed some server staff struggle with interpreting the seemingly simple rules( ex. RP scenarios can give valid reasons to kill, screenshotting/ recording logs/ evidence).

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I've played Garry's Mod since I was 14 and likely have been banned many times. Most recently, I was banned on a server(very dead) a week or two ago when the owner asked me to give him a review of his server. I gave him a negative review because the server frankly is not good which resulted in a ban afterwards.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Never
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I can contribute over 20 hours a week of raw staff time.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I'm a college student, so I'm involved in a few clubs. I also train BJJ.
Did you read the staff rules?: {Tranquil} Garnet luvs

• Dumb/Shitpost 3
  • Cringe 2
  • Disagree 1
3 hours ago, computer said:

brother...

dont

be

a

retard

*don't

9 hours ago, Rosie said:

-1 Due to the information stated above.

That is an incomplete sentence, sentence fragment. I also said I MRDMed in the fourth line.

12 hours ago, Jbhh said:

-1 you are banned for MRDM right now.

Luv, I said that in the fourth line. What made you want to restate the obvious?

• Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Cringe 3
13 minutes ago, tranquilito said:

*don't

That is an incomplete sentence, sentence fragment. I also said I MRDMed in the fourth line.

Luv, I said that in the fourth line. What made you want to restate the obvious?

Imagine thinking you will get accepted while being banned for MRDM. you are so far lost in the sauce.

• Haha 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
On 9/24/2023 at 5:14 PM, tranquilito said:

he conveniently forgot to screenshot logs

I don't need to screenshot logs for jail because it doesn't go on your record + isn't something you can appeal and I need evidence for.

I have explained this to you and you've refused to understand it

For reasons already stated, the most important one being you're currently banned: -1

10 hours ago, jewish said:

if you want to be a garnet staff member you can't take showers so -1

Awww nooo

7 hours ago, computer said:

**don't.

forgot the period bumblefuck

That wasn't a sentence my guy. If I put a period the sentence, it would literally say "Do not," an imperative sentence, so it's not appropriate for the context of correcting you. What I wrote is a colloquialism which should have been obvious. Not only that but its grammatically incorrect to put the period in the middle of sentence for example "don't. be a retard. "

5 hours ago, Salteeeens said:

+1 perfect fit for the staff team. Amazing application. Good luck 

Love you g.

1 hour ago, Danny_The_Dog said:

I don't need to screenshot logs for jail because it doesn't go on your record + isn't something you can appeal and I need evidence for.

I have explained this to you and you've refused to understand it

For reasons already stated, the most important one being you're currently banned: -1

"You may not ban, warn, or jail players without first gathering sufficient proof (screenshots, recordings) to justify the punishment(s)." I said no hard feelings, but then you have tell me I'm wrong luv...  Not only does this say you are wrong, jails and warns are completely separate commands. Next time follow your rules luv. Also how did you not remember this? I read the rules 1x and remember where as you somehow made it past t. mod not knowing this. Embarrassing... A final word of advice: if responding will make you look like an idiot, don't respond.

• Cringe 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team
46 minutes ago, tranquilito said:

"You may not ban, warn, or jail players without first gathering sufficient proof (screenshots, recordings) to justify the punishment(s)."

I'll admit then I was wrong because I was going off of what I was told a long time ago, but to be fair it was a 3 minute jail that was over with while you were arguing about it

46 minutes ago, tranquilito said:

I read the rules

I mean clearly not if you're currently banned, made an appeal, and was denied.

Then tried to apply for staff WHILE banned

I don't want to take this further on the forums because it isn't the place for this

Edited by Danny_The_Dog
14 minutes ago, Danny_The_Dog said:

I'll admit then I was wrong because I was going off of what I was told a long time ago, but to be fair it was a 3 minute jail that was over with while you were arguing about it

I mean clearly not if you're currently banned, made an appeal, and was denied.

Then tried to apply for staff WHILE banned

It's not against the rules to have fun. It doesn't matter that I'm banned.

And I mean just because the appeal was denied doesn't exactly mean I broke the rules... There were no logs, and on both sides there was only 20 seconds of video provided which doesn't give meaningful context to the situation. And people break the rules all the time on purpose, so your point is illogical. 

Thank you for admitting you were wrong, but you're wrong again. I got jailed for 5 minutes, and you and Rosie implied I was stupid. She concurred with your jail and told me "there are no RP reasons to kill," while role-playing on duty. During that sit I got mic-spammed the whole time, mugged, and the sit improperly ended by Rosie continuing her RP and ignoring me when she should have formally dismissed it. And I shouldn't have had to argue with it all if you weren't going to conduct a sit correctly. Again, no hard feelings as this does show a trend of staff lacking patience. This is something I addressed in my app.

Edited by tranquilito
More stuff to say Ig + typos
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Cringe 1