Defending against Bounty Hunters

The Duke of Magic

This all started with a question I had a while ago in regards to facing off against a bounty hunter when you have an active bounty on you.

Suggestion: Players who have an active bounty can KOS Bounty Hunters

I find it odd how this isn't allowed at all unless the BH has already dealt damage to you. Given that players can KOS the PD if they try to arrest them, I think it's more than reasonable to say that the same logic can be applied to a role who's whole purpose is to kill you rather than arrest you.

There are plenty of moments when you go downtown with an active bounty and a BH walks up to you, dlore at the ready. With how the rules are currently, you would be in the wrong and potentially reported for RDM (if the Bounty Hunter so pleases) if you killed them before they can try anything. You know why they're approaching you, yet you can't do anything more than run/jump around, hoping they hit you in a way that doesn't kill you before you're finally allowed to kill them without any consequence.

Perhaps implementing the suggested "rule" might break something that would require revamps in ways we've never imagined but in a strategic sense, at the very least, if you know someone is about to kill you, it's only fair that you're allowed to fight back and fire the first shot without being reported for RDM or FailRP, especially when you have the notice on the top middle part of the screen that tells you that Bounty Hunters are out to kill you. Maybe to play it safe, make it so that Players can only KOS Bounty Hunters that are actively pursuing them (For example, running at the bounty target with their gun out.) This way, they can't just shoot a BH that's just standing around, not even knowing where their bounty target is.

This is something I only want to suggest for the Bounty Hunter, given that the targets know they're being hunted unlike Hitman/Assassin targets.

I did NOT know there was a format I had to follow.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Denied
Due to the fact that there is not bounty logs, it would be difficult to determine whether or not you had a bounty, and we do not want to force players to clip every interaction on the server

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion!

• Disagree 1