Raiding/base rule change no 2

mossly

Change shooting window rules

I, and a lot of other players, simply flick e and click to remove raiders through a little window. I think a few changes could be made; not sure which works best

-minimum 1 second fade for shooting windows (bad)

-make shooting windows be at least the size of a 2x2 square (idk actual gmod measurements, I mean 2 blocks of plastic)

-ban any shooting windows above or below players 

• Winner 1

-1 I honestly think this removes creativity for how you can counter the raider if you’re going to remove the idea where they could shoot the person from. I’m also not really itching for change. I like the way it is right now

I also kind of want lax building rules/whitelist props to see more different type of bases being built 

Edited by IAreGunner
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, mossly said:

-make shooting windows be at least the size of a 2x2 square (idk actual gmod measurements, I mean 2 blocks of plastic)

-ban any shooting windows above or below players 

again raiding is hard now and probably needs some rework but these are not the changes needed.

18 hours ago, IAreGunner said:

-1 I honestly think this removes creativity for how you can counter the raider if you’re going to remove the idea where they could shoot the person from. I’m also not really itching for change. I like the way it is right now

I also kind of want lax building rules/whitelist props to see more different type of bases being built 

100% agree with everything said.

• Haha 1

+1 to everything except getting rid of peaks above or below players. Raiding is damn near impossible right now on a base with pixel peaks, especially when there is 4 or so people just sitting in there with a bunch of alts printers. If you can't defend your base without shooting through a tiny crack that the raiders cant even see 90% of the time, you gotta get better. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Partially Accepted
We are currently adding a rule adjustment to alter the size of peaks and get rid of pixel peaks. Adding a timer on buttons would be logistically impossible besides adding a completely new addon for buttons. As well as getting rid of peaks above and below players, there is already so many restrictions on building.

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion!
(Be aware, this post does not mean your suggestion will make it into the game,
rather it will be moved and sorted into a list to be worked on and possibly implemented in a future update.)