DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[FORUM SUGGESTION] Custom Forum Tags

Horse

Description: With the recent addition of forum tags and the temporary shut down of MRP I think a small temporary revenue stream can be generated through donations for certain tags on the forums. Other servers have done this for players on the forums and I think it could be really cool and unique if implemented correctly. Basically, a player would donate to receive a unique forum tag (up to the discretion of management) just like TS tags we could have things like ‘Minge’, ‘Furry’, ‘PETA Fanatic’, and what ever other shit you can think of! Tags can be multi colored and Since the value of said tags is already fairly high you could charge pretty good prices. And for a significant price you could allow players to customize their own tags (with rules of course). This is a small suggestion so it’s understandable if it isn’t accepted or implemented but it would be pretty cool to see everyone with their own special tags!

Reasoning: increased revenue while it may be small could build up over time dependent on the pricing.

Additional Information: I suggest making the costs for these fairly high to increase the value they have to them so PLEASE DO IT CONWAY GET IT DONE 
Edited by Horseyyy
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, IAreGunner said:

-1 I perfer it how it is, 

i also agree with deadpool, its simple and professional. If your a new viewer it could deter them because it just looks confusing. 

2 hours ago, NotDeadPool2 said:

Sounds like a cool idea, however this is convoluted to me. I prefer the current simplicity and professionalism of the forums 

I don’t believe tags would be anymore ‘confusing’ than pictures, gifs, or multi-colored sentences in signatures which take up significantly more space than tags. And when it comes to professionalism I mean there’s literally a category called ‘shitpost central’ I don’t think a SMALL number of tags set at high prices (so the amount of people that have them is small) would effect any new player’s perspective on the community if anything it would peak their interest and further community engagement by creating conversations around the tags.

Additionally, when it comes to the topic of simplicity and professionalism have you taken a look at the many ‘simple’ and ‘professional’ ways you can react to a post. I mean I can make a shit emoji or a baby crying appear under someone’s application that they spent a week creating but can’t have ‘Minge’ as my tag!?

Edited by Horseyyy
  • Agree 2

+1

yea if a picture under someones name saying "fat cunt" is confusing you because its "too complex", please get help

also its forums for gmod and rust servers, neither of those are professional in any fucking way

unless your talking about nutters or conway who are possibly some of the only two properly professional people on the forums other than people who have been modding for years on end

(and they still arent professional sometimes)

so yes, please add this, it could honestly make people want to stay here so they can buy that or earn one, and it could reveal who has the shittiest sense of humor on here because they put "benadrylenthusiast" or smth on it(that was targeted at someone btw)

Edited by computer
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Horseyyy said:

Additionally, when it comes to the topic of simplicity and professionalism have you taken a look at the many ‘simple’ and ‘professional’ ways you can react to a post. I mean I can make a shit emoji or a baby crying appear under someone’s application that they spent a week creating but can’t have ‘Minge’ as my tag!?

8 minutes ago, computer said:

+1

yea if a picture under someones name saying "fat cunt" is confusing you because its "too complex", please get help

also its forums for gmod and rust servers, neither of those are professional in any fucking way

unless your talking about nutters or conway who are possibly some of the only two properly professional people on the forums other than people who have been modding for years on end

(and they still arent professional sometimes)

That's not what I'm saying at at all. First of all, convoluted doesn't mean "too complex", it simply means complex and hard to understand. It's just confusing as to why you would want that in the first place lol. I don't think it would make our community look any better. We have plenty of features. Signatures make up for tags. Profile pictures make up for it too. Redundant idea. Those are supposed to be professional people yes, but the forums should also be a professional place for anyone interested in the server, so what in the world are you talking about? I stand firm on what I said.

• Disagree 2