DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Suggestion - Sailor Class

Adding some type of boat/dock would open up so much more RP. Even if someone where to minge with the boat it would only be contained to the water so it wouldn't really affect 90% of the rest of the RP going on. I like this idea I think it would be great especially with a perma dock. Why not.

+1

• 2 months later...

As much as I like the funny boat builds I see people come up with, being able to use deep bodies of water would be too broken for raiding defense.

If this were allowed, people wouldn't build "boats," they would likely build blacked-out "submarines* that are partially or totally flooded to make raiding an utter nightmare. 

Anyone who has ever raided the cave base knows how much of a pain in the ass it is to crack keypads while underwater. Having the full ability to make those bases wherever you want on the water makes an idea of allowing these classes to farm printers too overpowered.

I'm fine with the idea of a job specific class that allows people to specify in building funny boats, but making out of class that can allow you to create freeform waterlogged bases? I'm a bit less willing.

Edited by WohMi
Submarine
  • 2 weeks later...

Big fat hog of a +1

Sailor class would make use of a massive portion of the server that is as of yet totally un used. I think it would also be cool if classes like sailor/hobo/the gangs could engage in wars for territory. Like say two sailor groups have built closeby, it'd be neat to see a raid from boat to boat.

Though, I don't know about prints. as WohMi said, I could easily see super high level users making something close to a failbase. Similar to how hobos cannot print.

Edited by Omnipotent
Adjustment