DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Extended/Base Location Ideas

Hi there, I am Egg or Auto. On sleepless nights I load up Garry's Mod, log into Garnet and build bases. Recently, I was doing this and challenged myself to build in spots that are nearly never used. There were a few spots that I particularly thought could be more creative or fun to build or base at but they weren't listed in the DarkRP Extended Base Locations thread, or seemed like actual base locations that people have built at but do not fall under the current basing rules. (You may only build on the inside of your base. You may only base in a building with purchasable doors.)

Curious about a few spots, I asked multiple staff about them and they encouraged me to create a suggestion! So here I am.

There are multiple bases/areas I had in mind. It was recommended to me to put them all into one thread so I don't spam the forums. And in order to be clear and precise I have numbered them for the community to talk about specific locations. (Or just +1 -1 specific places.) I used WohMi's Area Callouts for the locations.

Base #1
Thoughts: May build on the balcony. Cannot block off elevator buttons to raiders or build on elevator. (Balcony seems like a natural property line. No other bases use it.)
Link

Base #2
Thoughts: May build up to sidewalk and brick/concrete walls. (Has a natural looking property line.)
Link

Base #3
Thoughts: May build in the area to the left of the building.
Link

Base #4
Thoughts: May build up to sidewalk and brick/concrete walls. (Has a natural looking property line.)
Link

Base #5
Thoughts: May build up to fence/sky barrier. (Has natural fence/entryway.)
Link

Base #6
Thoughts: May base here. (Has natural entryway and an unclaimable sewer grate in the middle. Another entrance to the sewers is the nearby elevator. Blocking the grate off shouldn't cause issues.)
Link

Base #7
Thoughts: Cool area that is hardly used. Can argue that the end of the incline where the water starts is where the property starts, or the attached scaffolding with ladders. Cannot have raiders keypad crack whole on ladders.
Link

Base #8
Thoughts: May build in the alleyway up to the sidewalk.
Link

Base #9
Thoughts: May build above or below the dock pictured.
Link

Let me know what you think and your thoughts!

• Disagree 1
  • DarkRP Management Team
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ajbedhead said:

Overall most of these have always been allowed directly from staff themselves, espcially those staff that are no longer with us. I personally have allowed most of these spots when I was apart of the team aswell and see no issue. Some places that you can build outside of doors aren’t listed on the list itself.

Realistically, what this post is proposing is that we change the officially written rules to explicitly allow these places. Within the DarkRP Rules, the allowed build area is dictated by the space beyond/between the entity door(s) of a building. The ONLY exceptions to this rule are explicitly stated within this post: 

Of the bases he suggested, the first one, this suburb hotel: The only current allowed exemption is that a party may utilize the entire building, it does not explicitly allow the baseowner/party to build beyond the entity doors. (For this suggestion, I would consider that he is asking for a note that building on this balcony is allowed.)
spacer.png

#2 - Gas station: The build area is strictly inside the station, with no build zone around the pumps; This addition might breathe new life into this unused area of the map.
spacer.png

#3 - This building in slums has not been given an extended area, but might make use of an otherwise unused area.
spacer.png

#4 - This area at the beach currently is not a usable area for basing, but could offer up a new place to set up shop in an otherwise unused area.
spacer.png

#5 - This area in the warehouse district is currently not allowed to be used, but I have personally always wanted to base here. :' )
spacer.png

#6 This underground area is already within the extension post, and is allowed. : )
spacer.png

#7 This drainage pit area is currently a valid base, but only within entity doors. (The building past the door/floor hole)
spacer.png

#8 - This area near the fountain may not be extended out to the sidewalk as it blocks the window of the base next to it.
spacer.png

#9 - This pier is not currently allowed, but I'd love to see what people come up with when basing here.
spacer.png

Good suggestion, let's see what the community has to say! 😄

Edited by Merk
  • Like 2
  • Informative 3
  • Disagree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

#7 was one I was contacted about. And it's one I would like if the base itself was not restricted to the entity door. Seeing as there is only one little building in this area, I don't see very many people using this place. If you allowed extensions to where the downward ramp meets the metal walkway (acting as a large wall door) I would really like that one. It's not like that particular area blocks any other routes out of the sewers or underground.

• Like 1