Vanity's Ban Appeal

Vanity

23 hours ago, Vanity said:

"wow venomousgaming is clearly superior cause this random guy spammed it, who wants to go play with me".

https://gyazo.com/02fd003b364d642cada1eebe173e94eb

If it was what you said in the OP, I would have argued that it seemed like a harmless joke, however, based on the screen shot it's a little different. The sentence that you actually said lacked the idea you were being sarcastic about it. I think i'd go with a ban reduction, however, I do think what you said is pretty stupid...

I agree, I would +1 a ban reduction since this is your first offence. Let this serve as a reminder that we, staff, take things seriously, even though most may take things as a joke, some may not, we should always think about this the next time we do something irrationally.

11 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

https://gyazo.com/02fd003b364d642cada1eebe173e94eb

If it was what you said in the OP, I would have argued that it seemed like a harmless joke, however, based on the screen shot it's a little different. The sentence that you actually said lacked the idea you were being sarcastic about it. I think i'd go with a ban reduction, however, I do think what you said is pretty stupid...

After looking at the screenshot, there is still satire in the sentence, however, not all may view it that way. I believe that he should be pardoned for multiple reasons:

1. He didn't switch to the server, which proves he wasn't serious 

2. He took the time to make and appeal and explain the situation, which for someone who wanted to play on the other server would not have done

3. He has a good playtime and a solid rank, and based on what other marines have said, he seems to be dedicated

4. (This is the least solid reason, but I will say it anyways) He recognized what he did, and apologized. I know that appeals are not for apologies, and this does not make a difference in his final verdict, but he obviously is sorry about the situation and realized what he did was wrong.

Please let me know if I got any details wrong. 

• 300 IQ 1
5 hours ago, .br0ken said:

It 100% falls under common sense, With this response I am kinda getting mixed feelings about this now..

I really don’t want myself to come off as hostile or angry, I just want to clarify that I understand it falls under common sense after speaking with Jasmin. Again, please don’t take this as reply hostile or anger.

23 hours ago, Phantom said:

Thought that should have been very apparent from the beginning.

It IS stated in the rules as a disclaimer that other things that are common sense do not need to be listed, and that it is assumed that the player is using their fair judgement in the process of all of this.

• Like 2

Denied and locked

Stated before you weren't serious at all or had intentions to play on that server but

because you brought another server into our ooc chat which is public to others and literally 10 seconds prior somebody was advertising that you saw get banned permanent. Then you followed up with the name of the server and saying others to join with you.

Common sense comes into play for this one, Vanity.

@Phantom Lock and moved to denied

2 minutes ago, ChrisBranch said:

Denied and locked

Stated before you weren't serious at all or had intentions to play on that server but

because you brought another server into our ooc chat which is public to others and literally 10 seconds prior somebody was advertising that you saw get banned permanent. Then you followed up with the name of the server and saying others to join with you.

Common sense comes into play for this one, Vanity.

@Phantom Lock and moved to denied

It looks like he was trying to make a joke to mock the guy that was probably actually trying to advertise, which has already been stated. Due to this reason, I think that he should be unbanned, however what he did was still lacking in common sense and will result in another form of punishment.

Vanity shall be unbanned, but all of his whitelists will be wiped and he needs to start fresh. No giving him free ranks.

• Sad 1