DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

DarkRP : Content Pack!

• The Garnut

For the past 4-5 years, my sole goal has been to improve our server's performance to the absolute limits. I'm proud to say that as of this year, our DarkRP server has been optimized for client and server performance, as much as it could be taken. We proudly have one of the, if not THE most well-optimized and running server in the DarkRP category. We literally run 100+ users on our server while EASILY maintaining a tickrate of 33, something that used to be reserved for servers in the single digit population.

New Content on the Agenda: With our server's performance finally reaching a point where I cannot do anything anymore, it was time to shift focus; adding content. HOWEVER, one of our server's biggest sale points aside from performance, is it being low in downloads/vanilla in nature, this led me to a little sidemission:

I had to manually sift through 3,707 files,  compressing, merging, and removing overlaps of existing files on our server, while making sure, they do not harm gameplay within our server. The outcome? A single content pack containing our ENTIRE server's footprint of just 260MB (excluding the M9k Weapon Base and our map, RP_Downtown). This content pack can be pre-loaded here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3146590198

Improved Join Times: With careful planning and @merk.gg's assistance (sorry for making you go through this), we've ensured that at restart tomorrow morning, the server will immediately swap over to the new content pack. Expect your initial connection time to behave as if it's your first time joining the server.

I consolidated nearly 58 individual downloads into just 10. Can you even imagine the trouble your PC had to go through establishing 58 individual connections back-to-back-to-back, potentially dropping one or two when Steam experiences an issue? yeah - no more of that.  In real-world tests, we're seeing connection time improvements ranging from 10% to an impressive 200%. At the end of the day, we're still dependent on Steam servers, but these results are a testament that this wasn't for nothing

Stay connected for further updates. I will soon be updating our content pack with potentially new playermodels for jobs, weapons (such as knives or skins), and new props in general.

Thank you for being part of this journey. We're almost to our 10 year anniversary!

• Like 3
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1