DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

PiesAreCool Staff Application

In-game name: PiesAreCool

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:122146496

Warns: 0

Timezone: PST

Playtime?: 110:50:04

Do you have access to Discord and a microphone?: Yes.

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes.

Referral(s): GamingCarrot, Errol, DONTTOUCHMYFROG87, microwave, D Small, tadtad31.

Past experiences as staff: N/A

Why should we choose you over other applicants?:

To the people reading this application who don’t know me, I am PiesAreCool. I am a relatively new player to the server however it has grasped onto me and taken over over a hundred hours of my life in the last 1-2 weeks. I felt like I really connected with the community, making friends and felt like I had people to talk to and chill with instead of sitting in my base alone. I now find myself applying for mod and am excited to see what comes from it. I think while I may not have the playtime as many other players, I have many other things that I could bring to the server.

Firstly, for the reasons why I should be chosen over others, I have a high knowledge of the rules and strive to learn more. When I first joined the server, I knew nothing of course, but throughout that time the player base really helped me learn. I feel like the community and admin teams really taught me a lot that I know about the rules, and I now have a pretty good knowledge of it myself. I hope if I get selected I can help inform new players about rules just like the way everyone else did for me. Moving on from the rules, I have also been told I learn extremely fast. I seem to catch on to things faster than others and I think I can use that as an advantage when learning how to staff.

Secondly, I have very good empathy. When you first hear this you might think it's a little cliché, and doesn’t everyone have empathy, but I think that throughout my life I could understand different sides much better using my empathy and make much better decisions. An Example of this is whenever I make a mistake, I will go through every way possible to fix it and resolve a situation instead of making something worse than it already is. This skill also helps me become closer to people and instead of making enemies out of someone I can resolve our issue and make a friend. In my opinion, having good empathy is the most important factor in understanding situations, because if you can’t put yourself in the situation, how are you supposed to understand it?

Finally, I believe that my activity would be a big factor in why I would be a good staff member. I have been on every single day for upwards of 6-8 hours playing on this server, because it has me hooked. I also have a ton of free time, since I am able to run my own schedule as a college student and I will always be able to hop on as long as I am not in class. My activity has helped me build bonds with players on the server and it's why I feel that I enjoy the server so much.

Overall, I may not have the most playtime, and I might not have much experience in a position like this. I believe that my skills and learning capacity will convince you to accept my application over others. I am excited to become more involved in this community and contribute to its success in the best ways I can.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?: I’m unsure whether I've been banned or not since I only started playing GMOD again around 2 weeks ago, however since then I have not gotten warned or banned on any server.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: This is my first application.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Other than when I am in classes and studying, I am fully open. This means I should be able to contribute at least 4 hours a day.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?: I am a full time college student so my hobbies are of course studying, but besides that I like to watch sports, hang out with friends. Other than that, I'm pretty much a no-life gamer.

Did you read the staff rules?: PiesAreCool 

• Like 2

+1

1. Rule Knowledge: Your dedication to learning the server rules and your enthusiasm for helping new players navigate these rules is commendable. It's clear that you've invested time into understanding the dynamics of our community and the intricacies of our gameplay.

2. Empathy: The emphasis you place on empathy as a cornerstone of your approach to potential conflicts and player interactions is notable. This trait is invaluable in a moderator role, where understanding and mediating player issues are daily tasks.

3. Activity and Availability: Your commitment to the server, demonstrated by your extensive playtime and willingness to be active daily, is exactly what Garnet looks for in potential staff members. Your flexibility as a college student adds to your availability, which is a significant plus.

4. Direct Interaction: I, PostalBoy, had the opportunity to conduct a pop quiz with you, and I can attest to your readiness to handle moderator responsibilities. Through our interaction, it became apparent that you possess the knowledge and demeanor necessary for the role.

Edited by PostalBoy
  • Agree 1

+1

I've seen you in game quite a lot, you've always been friendly talking with everyone around you. This is a really good application and aside from the low playtime, your paragraphs show how flexible and available you can be as a future staff member. Good luck!!

• DarkRP Administration Team

Confirming referral.

I haven't known Pies for a ton of time (since he's admitted he's only been here for under a month) but he is definitely very active, fun and always seems to know his stuff. Of course we do share a clan together so we've had a lot more interactions lately, but I do think that Pies is a smart guy and flexibility to learn new things or to empathise is a skill we need on the team more. After all, as a moderator you're dealing with people all day for all sorts of things, we should try our best to help and understand even the most minor of infractions.

Rooting for you, man. Good luck!

+1

• Winner 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

zvjizvrkco.png
PENDING INTERVIEW

Thank you for your application. After deliberation with the Human Resources Team, we have decided to tentatively accept your application and advance you on to the interview stage. Please ensure you have joined the Garnet Gaming DarkRP Discord Server. A link to the discord can be found at the top of the page on the Navigation Bar, or here.

Once in the Discord, please message anyone with the "HR Division" role, or any member of the Administration Team, with a few dates and times to coordinate your interview.
Thank you again for the time and effort you put into your application. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

• DarkRP Management Team

zvjizvrkco.png
ACCEPTED

After deliberation with the DarkRP Staff & Administration Team, getting around the community, and reading the comments left here by our community members, we have decided that your application should be accepted. You haven't been around long, but your drive is genuine and your passion is visible to anyone who crosses your path. I see you doing great things for the community, and serving well as an example for other players to follow.

Welcome to the DarkRP Staff Team! We're looking forward to getting you trained and having you on board! 

Please do not use any commands/permissions until you have been trained, instructions will be sent to you for the next step of the process.

• Like 1