eli - Gamemaster Application

• Forums Moderator
Posted (edited)

In-game name: 1S ENG SSG 5466 Swane 
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:441740126 
Warns: 0 
Timezone: MST 
Playtime?: | 1S ENG SSG 5466 Swane has played for 4916:52:57. 
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes 
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes 
Referral(s): Rook, Jotaro, Fetn, Horse, Xeno, Quads, Husk, Python, Conway
Past experiences as a Game Master: SWRP Admin (2020), MRP GM (2021), MRP Admin (2021), SWRP GMx2 (2022/2023) 
Why should we choose you over other applicants?  
I believe that my experience speaks for itself. I have been in the Garnet Gaming Community for over 4 years and have seen what works on each server. From seeing the events back in 2020 all the way to 2024, I believe I can provide enjoyable events that have been tested over the years as well as think creatively for new event ideas. Along with this, after being a GM 3 times on SWRP and once on MRP I am not only able to think of new unique events but execute them well with good pacing, enjoyable roleplay experiences, and a good balance of combat and roleplay. My experience allows me to be a good team player in the GM team to help assist other GMs as well as give pointers and any event help that lesser-experienced GMs may need or want with any event.  

From this, I believe that I have proven myself as a reliable and competent Gamemaster in every position I have been in. I have never been demoted or punished as a GM and have always met the expectations that have been in front of me. Competency when planning events is needed to ensure that the event runs smoothly and to ensure pacing so players cannot speedrun any event but take time to work through and complete the mission. Lastly, I will make sure that roleplay is not only fun for the player base, but also in line with lore and ensure it makes sense in the SW universe. With all of this together, I have been able to and will be able to create enjoyable roleplay-oriented events for the server as well as keep the server entertained during downtime or for more small-scale on-world events. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: N/A  
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Several hours a week. 

In your own words, what are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: To provide entertaining and enjoyable roleplay scenarios for the community. 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would contribute by putting deep thought into each event for any roleplay scenarios, integrating lore into events, and creating stories/campaigns for the server. 

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: I believe something that is quite overlooked by GMs is integrating things from lore and in-depth RP scenarios for the server. I would contribute by providing this.  

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale:  

1. Sandstorm Skirmish - (Large Scale Off-World) 
rp_geonosian_canyons 
In the ever-expanding war with the CIS, the 19th Battlegroup led by Rear Admiral Finon Honall is on assignment on Geonosis breaking through the canyons of a Geonosian stronghold. As they push forward, they are stretched thin, and the GAR calls upon the 34th Battlegroup to assist in retrieving crates full of ammunition and rations for the 19th Battlegroup that were shot down a few rotations ago. The 34th Battlegroup is assigned to find and retrieve this important cargo and bring it to the rendezvous to allow the 19th Battlegroup to continue their mission. The 34th arrive and are split up into 3 teams. Squads one and two are assigned with exploring the deep canyons and finding and retrieving the cargo. While the 3rd squad comprised of SOB and ARC Troopers are assigned to locate and destroy the AA turret that continued to lay down blaster fire on incoming Republic Shuttles. As they move out the groups are ambushed by droids that are on the flank of the 19th to attempt to bring their assault to a halt. The 34th is assigned to destroy any flanking CIS and to retrieve the cargo. As they fight through, they retrieve the cargo, find consoles, are continually ambushed, and find Clones still alive left behind by the 19th Battlegroup. Squad 3 completes their mission by destroying the AA Turret, all cargo is retrieved, and all traces of CIS combatants in the sector are taken care of. The Troopers retrieved from the 19th Battlegroup are medically treated and returned home to their respective battalions. 

2. Operation Silent Strike - (SOB + Battalion ARC On-World) 
CIS Anaxes 
After a short yet stealthy reconnaissance mission from SOB, intel suggests that CIS Commander Xerius Ugg was rumored to be spotted on the planet checking up on the CIS’ progress on the planet of Anaxes. The 34th Battlegroup calls all SOB and Battalion ARC Troopers to the NCC and is prompted to devise and execute a plan to assassinate the famed CIS Commander, Xerius Ugg. Clones can approach this however they would like. However, I would allow them to conduct their plan. If they attempt to be stealthy, I will eventually make them get caught. They would then have to engage a wave of tanky Elite B-2 Battle Droids as well as Commando Droid Snipers in hidden locations. If they attempt to simply push towards the FOB and kill him, they will have a much tougher time reaching the Commander. Either way, they will face barricades, land mines, and consoles with intelligence that they can retrieve, as well as have opportunities to sabotage future CIS advancements through planting explosives that will be provided at the beginning of the mission. Once the Commander is reached and executed, they will have to clear holes through heavy CIS contact to escape and return to Anaxes unscathed.   
(Other info: Comms will be jammed for the event, proximity chat only. Droids will be on high HP and high difficulty). 

3. Unified Front - (Large Scale Off-World 
rp_balarikan (Balmorra) 
On a quiet day on the planet of Anaxes, the NCC Holotable rings. After answering it, the 34th Battlegroup is greeted by Fleet LT Gemar who has an assignment from the Fleet. According to Republic Intelligence, the CIS has reclaimed sector 7 of the planet of Balmorra which has been an unoccupied zone for the majority of the war. After the 9th Battlegroup lost hold of the area, the 34th Battlegroup was assigned to retrieve intelligence and retake the sector for the 9th Battlegroup to step in and hold it down after the mission's completion. Battalions will be split up for specific assignments. 
501st and 212th: Reach the CIS Command Center, reclaim it, and retrieve any CIS intelligence that can be found there. 
327th & SOB: Locate the CIS Databank. Heavily guarded by CIS forces to retrieve a prototype that Republic Intelligence caught wind of.  
104th & CG: Locate the whereabouts of a CIS prison on-planet. Multiple clones and a Navy Crewman are alleged to be held captive. Retrieve all clones, and clear out CIS Forces. (Possible hostage-negotiation) 
41st: Assist 501st and 212th, then destroy the CIS supply cache on base. 
Once all objectives are complete, all forces will RTB and return to Anaxes. 

4. Operation Urban Freedom - (Small Scaled Off-World) 
rp_destroyedcity_final 
After a devastating attack on a small city on the planet of Troithe, the 34th Battlegroup is called upon once again by Fleet LT Gemar to head to the planet and clear out a small group of CIS Forces that have wreaked havoc in a small city. The clones are warned that there is a heavy presence of civilians in the area and that medics will be providing aid to those whom they can. A medical tent will be set up at the LZ to bring injured civilians and treat their wounds. The clones must navigate through the civilians, destroy the small CIS FOB, and clear out any remaining droids. Once all CIS are cleared out of the area, they will hand over the rest to the local military to deal with the destroyed sector of the city. 

5. Signal Silence - (Heavy ENG RP Small Scale On-World/Base Attack) 
Anaxes 
Following a small CIS base attack, the 34th Battlegroup realizes that their comms is malfunctioning and must be being jammed by something on the planet. After organizing a patrol, a group of clones head out on a patrol and find a small amount of CIS contact at each FOB along with commando droids. As they clear them out and search the FOB they find 3 unique jammers that are hardwired into each FOB. Engineers are called upon to deal with the problem. They are faced with a multitude of issues such as their data pads being overloaded when they attempt to connect them, the jammers being made of a heavily plated durasteel, unable to be broken by blaster fire or weapons, and waves of firewalls that are attempting to lock out any Engineers solving this issue. As the clones try to figure this out, the CIS ambushes the base to destroy the already vulnerable clones. The Clones push back but a small force of Commando droids can get into the base causing more issues for the clones. Once engineers eventually solve the issue, the comms will be online and the 34th Battlegroup will push back the remaining CIS forces back into CIS-controlled Anaxes. 

Edited by eli_
  • Like 3
  • Informative 1

+1, Eli is not only one of the best leaders on this server but he excelled as a previous game master and staff I can say without a doubt that his return to the GM team will be a complete net positive for the server can’t wait to work with you

• Like 2
  • Informative 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

htruyc0533.png
ACCEPTED

After deliberation with the StarWarsRP Gamemaster Leadership Team, we have decided to accept your GM Application. This is largely in-part to some, but not limited to, the below reasons:

Great support from members of the staff and GM team

Very well put event ideas

Welcome to the StarWarsRP Gamemaster Team! We're looking forward to getting you trained and having you on board! 

Please do not use any commands/permissions until you have been trained

• Like 1