Remove PM logs

Yeah, I kind of agree, I don’t think staff should be able to see PM logs. I think you pointed out good reasons. I don’t really see a big positive from it , the only reason I could see it being a good thing is that catching someone saying that they want to dox the server / harm the server. But i don’t think something like that will be seen often.  

+1

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

There is very few reasons pm logs could be useful such has harassment, threats and like gunner said a way to harm the server but these issues could be resolved without breaching everyone else’s privacy. PM logs cause more distrust with the staff and the community. 

+1

• Cringe 1

+1 a lot of stuff I say in private would get me on a watchlist(joking) , so it would definitely be best if they were not logged . Although a counterpoint would be in cases of harassment it would be easier to access older messages that have been cleared out of the chat. It would also tie the steam id to the person that sent the message so there are no issues of impersonation. 

• Like 2
Just now, Graykidz said:

+1 a lot of stuff I say in private would get me on a watchlist(joking) , so it would definitely be best if they were not logged . Although a counterpoint would be in cases of harassment it would be easier to access older messages that have been cleared out of the chat. It would also tie the steam id to the person that sent the message so there are no issues of impersonation. 

u can see the messages on console

• Community Director
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, raqi said:

The reason why PM logs should be removed is because of players' expectation of privacy being breached when sending a PM.

This is a bozo reason, it's a Garry's Mod server not a SCIF. (Wait until he finds out that I can see forums PMs and PMs from the server console)

1 hour ago, raqi said:

sending out a PM and having a log for that is fucked up and disappointing.

giphy.gif

This is active on 90% of all GMod Servers as the logs we use are arguably the most common logging system now, so stop acting like this is something Garnet made a conscious decision to do, since it is stock out of the box. However, this was already on the Trello by @Merk (since the 21st of February). Completed and Implemented. 

Edited by AlexConway
  • Cringe 2
  • Toxic 3
  • Informative 4